Hyundai Elite i20 Achieves Sales Record

Goku

Prime VIP
Staff member
hyundaii20_650x488_41444807989-1.jpg

The Hyundai Elite i20 has set an Indian record by clocking up sales of 1.5 lakh units since its launch in March 2014. Hyundai now commands a 66 per cent market share in the premium hatchback segment thanks to the Elite i20. This ultra-competitive category also includes Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, etc.

Speaking about the Hyundai Elite i20's strong sales performance and brand success, Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), said, "We are overwhelmed with the customer's response by receiving unprecedented 150,000 domestic sales for the Elite i20. This reflects the strong customer connect and confidence on Hyundai products. We thank customers, channel partners, employees and media who have chosen our product Elite i20 and made it a super performer brand in India and who have contributed to this landmark achievement.

"Hyundai is a new age brand and, under the modern premium brand direction, has set benchmarks in the segment. With Elite i20, HMIL has fortified its position in the premium compact segment in India and has demonstrated the excellence of 'Made in India' products with global standards. Hyundai will always aim to be the most loved and trusted car manufacturer in India," he added.

hyundaii202_625x300_41417322312-1.jpg

The Hyundai Elite i20's exterior has got rave reviews about its 'European' styling and comes loaded with features and equipment like automatic headlamps, reversing camera, rear air-con vents, electrically-folding side view mirrors, climate control, push-button start, touchscreen Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) system, etc.

The hatchback comes with an 82bhp 1.2-litre petrol engine or an 89bhp 1.4-litre diesel unit. The petrol motor is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, while the diesel gets a six-speed manual transmission.

Hyundai, which has its Indian manufacturing plant near Chennai, currently sells 10 models in India. It is the largest passenger car exporter in the country and the second largest carmaker after Maruti Suzuki.