Hrishitaa Bhatt turns to be a director

Lily

B.R
Staff member
She made her Bollywood debut opposite superstar Shah Rukh Khan in Asoka, but her acting career didn't go very far. Now, Hrishitaa Bhatt has turned producer with Shakal Pe Mat Jaa.

"I started as an actress, but being a producer was always on my mind. Shubh Mukherjee [writer and director of the film] is an old friend. He came to me with the script and I decided to produce it. The story developed into a lovely script. It is a comical satire," Bhatt said.

Bhatt, who featured in films like Ab Tak Chhappan and Haasil, is happy with changes in Bollywood.

"The industry has changed big time...a lot of new talents are coming up. Technology has improved so much. It is good to see that we are adapting to cultural changes," she said.

However, even before the release, the film has got into trouble with the censor board. "I really don't understand because I have seen other bold commercial films. They have raised objections over the language used in the promos. The issue still needs to be sorted out," Bhatt said.