Fade Scars Naturally

I am in a constant battle for clear skin. If it’s not one thing, it’s another; and the most recent ailment I’ve been combating is scarring. Whether our scars are from that unfortunate bout of teen acne or the embarrassing drunken tumble we took, they prevent us from that smooth, clear skin that we yearn for.

Of course, the most effective methods to rid your skin of any scarring is opting for a professional treatment such as microdermabrasion. When the professional methods are out of reach for whatever reason, you can always try out some at-home techniques to fade your scars. These methods don’t work quite as fast as the doctor’s treatments, but over time they can work to fade scars and smooth your skin as long as you stick to the routine.

The best thing I’ve found for my skin is vitamin E oil. Anytime I get a cut or scratch anywhere on my body, I let it heal up and then put vitamin E oil on it every chance I get in order to fade the scar. This nutritious oil helps with healing as well as collagen production which can work to strengthen and improve elasticity of the skin. You can opt for either ingesting vitamin E capsules or just putting it directly on your skin.

Using lemon juice can also work to fade scars. Since lemon juice is a natural skin lightener, it helps fade those dark marks that acne can leave behind. Simply apply lemon juice to the scars using a a cotton swab and be sure to stay away from the eye area.

Honey is another natural ingredient used to fade scars. Be sure to look for raw honey versus the usual honey you buy at the supermarket to get all the benefits. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and then massage this paste into damp skin and rinse off.

These methods are fairly slow but are great for sensitive skin as well as those who like all-natural treatments. Luckily, using these natural products can only work to benefit your skin because they lack any toxins that can harm your skin over time. So, while you work to fade your scars, you are doing your skin some good.