Dasam granth

Miss kaur

What are you thoughts on dasam granth that was written by shri guru gobind singh ji and beholds his powers? What do you think happened to it and do you think something is about to happen/change in 2012? Opinions are welcome:)

pps309

Prime VIP
Goto thread link below, and yourself listen to some of the most common kirtan sung at Gurudwara from Dasam Granth. Form your own individual opinion :)

https://www.unp.me/f15/dasam-granth-kirtan-audio-video-62945/

My personal opinion is: I have not read it fully, but common panth-parvanit Baniya and Kirtan are really good and inspiring. If there is something wrong or mixed-up there, it could be possible. But whole Dasam Granth cannot be discarded as missionaries are trying.

My Personal Request: Please do not fall into missionary trap, or even SGPC trap. They are doing it all for political or their own namesake. None of them really care about content of DG. They need an issue to be Anti each other, be it DG or Nanakshahi Calendar :)

Miss kaur

@pps309: I have an opinion, was just curious to see what other youth thought about it, i dnt know these anti ppls names but have u heard of the RSS? Yea well we need to get them out of our business if u know what i mean cause they are messing everything up, the thing is where's the ORIGINAL dasam granth.......

Miss kaur

@ dhillion: Lol not sure about that, i just have a feeling something good will happen this year! Like we may uncover something or some sort of justice will be brought lots of ppls new years ardaas is that all this feud going down will end.. Hence why im beleiving it will! :)

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
@pps309: I have an opinion, was just curious to see what other youth thought about it, i dnt know these anti ppls names but have u heard of the RSS? Yea well we need to get them out of our business if u know what i mean cause they are messing everything up, the thing is where's the ORIGINAL dasam granth.......
the dasam granth in the possesion of budha dal is the orignal/certified one ...
----
dasam granth is the property of khalsa.....khalsa knoes when and how to follow it...
path to the supreme one is not easy ...and one in 100s of millions actually follows it ...

u wont be able to get dasam granth ..unless and untill u have turned urself into the khalsa...."the purest form of live"
"raam raam karta sabb jagg phirey ...raam na paea jayea"
"tu beant ko virla jane"
"gurmukh parupkari virla ayea"
Rarely comes a benevolent Gurmukh who serves others.

Last edited:

Miss kaur

If your going to think that its rare ten it will be, the more negative people get the more negative things happen! And how can u guarantee that what we have is the original?? I have heard from various sources that the original had been taken and altered or destroyed, which raises various questions. Indian politrics will do anything and everything! You can very well ask you dad or baba about these things :)

Miss kaur

Ya know the guru granth sahib actually relates to something similiar though, you both should look up about what it sais about the 5 joghs. There is i fact a jodh that will approach where man eats man. Some days i feel we r there already lol but its actually quite interesting to learn...

#m@nn#

The He4rt H4ck3r
jitho tak mera swaal a tn mai bilkul unknown banda han ehna gallan ton... mai sirf Guru Granth Sahib Ji vich sharada rakhda han jive k ikk normal banda rakhda.. and mainu este bharosa vi hai ke jo vi es vich daraj hai oh bahut vadya hai te marg darshan hai....

hun gall karda jo mainu changia lagdia ne ja bharwat kardian ne...

last friday mai gurudowara sahib gya si.. ithe ikk parchaarak aya hoya si .. Giani Gurbachan Singh , Principal Sikh Missionary college ..

usne kaafi kuch dassya... jo ohna Guru Granth Sahib vicho tukan de ke samjhaya ... jo mainu vi kaafi changa laggya ..

personally mainu vi dasam granth baare bahut shanke a jo pade sune a.. te mai vi manda han ke je sade Guru Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji ne je eh granth likhya vi hai tn hun eh oh ni reh gya... ..

so i totally decline "Dasam Granth" this is my opinion

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
If your going to think that its rare ten it will be, the more negative people get the more negative things happen! And how can u guarantee that what we have is the original?? I have heard from various sources that the original had been taken and altered or destroyed, which raises various questions. Indian politrics will do anything and everything! You can very well ask you dad or baba about these things :)

thats NOT wut i think ....that is wut SGGS is saying
"raam raam karta sabb jagg phirey ...raam na paea jayea"
"tu beant ko virla jane"
"gurmukh parupkari virla ayea"
these pankits are from SGGS ....menu te apna naam nai likhna aunda..mae apne kolon kitho likh lenia c lol
ajj dasam granth nu altered kehan vale ...kal nu SGGS nu altered kehangey
jiven k aje tak ise cheej te fainsla nahi hoea k patshai10 di bani SGGS vich hegi a k nai .....
2ndly raaagmaala ....the few more(jhagga chuko te tidh apna nanga hunda)
SO your "sources" are eventually goin to raise questions on SGGS too ..sooner or later ....
leave dasam upto the khalsa....its for the khalsa only ...its tough racket ...aukhe painde lamia ne rahaan ishq dian ...dard jiger...shakhat sajaanva ishq dian ...
haan jina da ..rumaale charra k ..te matha tek k sari janda...gud for them ..keep doing it.....
i asked my dad and only thing he told me abt indian politics is that thr r elections goin to happen soon in punjab :d

Ya know the guru granth sahib actually relates to something similiar though, you both should look up about what it sais about the 5 joghs. There is i fact a jodh that will approach where man eats man. Some days i feel we r there already lol but its actually quite interesting to learn...
wld u pls post the puri ...or page number of sggs ...?

pps309

Prime VIP
Ppl who are Anti to DG, they started with some stupid logic like, it talks about Rama avtar, Vishnu Avtar.......then someone replied that that name Ram and Govind has been used much more times in SGGS then in DG....

Then they had issue with Chandi di Vaar saying Bhagauti is some devi and DG favors devi puja.........but then Sukhmani Sahib (part of SGGS) has pankti like "Bhagauti Bhagat Bhagwant ka Rang".....

All of their logics are shattered one by one.....then they skipped half of DG and jumped directly to Page 600 + something.....Charitropakhyan...Honestly speaking, I never read it and even if I go there first I will read and try to follow whole SGGS. But I would like to say one thing in desi language.
"Ik baar ik insaan nu kali, gandi mitti milli.....ohne dhurr te kurr keh ke sutt ti..........ohi mitti ik vidhwan nu mili ohne osse cho uranium kad laya" Ohi gal aa ho sakda jo aj kisse nu dhurr te kurr lag rahi, ohna di samjh haje ohni ni hoi ke oh ohdo cho uranium kad sakan.

P.S: I feel DG issue is stupid and political, more than 90% of sikhs don't even read or listen SGGS, leave aside DG.
They only bow their head, sit 5 min and come back. Ohna lai ta chae 4 itta rakh oss te rumala paa do, ohna matha tek 5 min beh murr aana. Bahar aake kehna mera ta pura yakeen SGGS ch aa........Murti Puja aala v murti di foto dekhda....assi ta ohna to v maare aa. Waheguru sab te mehar kare, assi aap bani pariye te samjhiye, guru di ditti matt nu vart ke aap faisle kariye.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Most of us have preconceived notions about Sikhism, When we come across something in SGGS / DG which doesn't go with our blind beliefs we either misinterpret it to our liking or refute it as banal.

Narbir

Main manda haan dasam Granth sahib, sahib Sri guru Gobind singh Ji
Di baani hai jis kise koi shanka hai feel free to call me My no.
+919915071007
Narbir singh

userid114437

Hale tak mera SGGS ji da sehaj path poora ni hoiya. After this will read DG den i will cum to decision dat its really ritten by GURU SAHIB. as 9 MAHALE DE SALOK read krke pata lag janda ke eh sirf te sirf GURU TEG BAHADR JI likh sakde aa.
Most of people dnt read DG just speeches sun ke keh dinde ke eh GURU SAHIB DI BANI haigi or haini. Firstly read it with deep meaning den we hve rite to say sumthing about it