Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
120g boneless chicken breast
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp garlic butter
1 multigrain brown ciabatta, slice it open the way you would do a bun
5g iceberg lettuce
1/2 fresh avocado, sliced
3 slices fresh tomatoes, halved
10g Parmesan cheese, crumbed
2 tsp basil pesto
1. Marinate chicken in a mixture of olive oil, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes and then grill or pan-fry it until cooked through and crisp on the outside. Remove and let it cool. Slice horizontally and set aside.
2. Apply garlic butter on the insides of the bread and grill it until well toasted. Layer iceberg lettuce and chicken slices on the bottom half of the bread.
3. Arrange avocado and tomato slices alternately on top.
4. Sprinkle cheese and drizzle pesto. Close the sandwich and grill it again until the cheese begins to melt.
5. Cut the sandwich into half and secure each half with cherry tomatoes on toothpicks.