Benny Dhaliwal Sentenced To 16 Months In Prison

Sippydhindsa

VehlaMunda

Please See Statement Below From Benny Dhaliwal:

To all my friends, family and well-wishers, It is with sincere regret that I have to inform you all that I have been sentenced to 16 months in prison. The crime to which I pleaded guilty to was committed almost 7 years ago. During that time I was a naive adolescent who managed to get himself involved with the wrong company. I, regrettably, agreed to take part in fraudulent activity in excise duty of alcohol. I pleaded guilty to these charges some months ago. This case had plagued me for the past 5 years. I am glad that I have now the opportunity to be frank and honest with my circumstances to the general public. If anything, I hope that this message sends out a stern message to all that cheating the system has severe ramifications on ones life. One impulsive decision can change a man’s life beyond belief. Please do not make the same mistake I made 7 years ago. I am honored to say that had it not been for music my mental strength would have wilted. Instead of wallowing in self pity, I made a conscientious decision to put my energy into establishing myself as a British Asian singer. Music has helped me come to terms with my irrational misconduct and has helped me acknowledge that no matter how dark it may seem, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I was always taught by my elders that one of the greatest qualities of a man or woman was to be honest and sincere with others. Although my criminal activity completely contradicts this statement, I can hold my head up and say that I truly acknowledge my mistake and have had genuine regret in committing such a crime for the past 7 years. I do not expect pity or sorrow from any of you as it is just that I am punished for trying to cheat the system. I do, however, hope that at the very least you are able to forgive me and accept my genuine regret. Although the future may seem bleak, I am determined to make amends and create a positive future in music. Without the support of my fans and family I would never have the strength to write this message. Thank you all and best wishes

:o

Confirmed By Benny Dhaliwal & Aman Hayer