50 trees cut down just to land Chief Ministers Chopper

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
today 50 trees were cut down coz da administartion wanted a space to land Chiefministers helicopter..
all da 50 trees were around 40 years old..

ki banu India da?

here is da detailed news

Surat (Gujarat): Truck loads of wood kept at a Forest Department depot in Songadh taluka of South Gujarat have not been seized from timber smugglers, but from a state government contractor.

The Forest Department managed to catch the trucks after they were tipped off that the trucks would be kept at the Songadh taluka depot.

However, it was only after the trucks were seized that the Forest Department was told that the State Irrigation Department itself ordered the felling of the trees so that Narendra Modi's chopper could land safely.

Says Range Forest Officer, Songadh, Surat, P K Desai, "We had information that some trucks were moving on the Dhuliya highway and upon checking, we found no transit permit and so have detained the drivers and trucks."

The trees were cut so that Narendra Modi could land there for he was scheduled to lay the foundation stone for a thermal power plant in the area.

Although there is a helipad barely 20 kilometres away, over enthusiastic officials decided to clear the forest patch just beside the venue so that Modi wouldn't have to travel.

The programme has been postponed by a week, but several trees have already been felled.

Says the contractor who got the trees chopped, Naval Gamit, "I was told to cut down the trees because Narendra Modi's helicopter was to land here. Now, I am being harassed. But it was the government itself which asked me to cut down the trees."

Meanwhile, the State Irrigation Department tried to wash the blame off its hands saying that the trees were not endangered species.

The State Irrigation Department's Executive Engineer, G C Chaudhary, said, "It was necessary to prepare a helipad and a few trees needed to be chopped off. But these are not very special trees."