2 LOVE or not 2 LOVE

aru22

Since birth we have been taught to love evryone arnd and yes v do.. v love our parents, v love our family, v love our frnds... and life passes by... And the time v reach our age of 17-20 our parents start a new philosophy... "DARE LOVE ANY GUY... U ARE NT GOING TO HAVE A LOVE MARRIGE" :dig
:o but wht abt love evryone theory??? :nono
And dy plant this thing is so dreadfully n deeply in our mind that v start supressing our emotions n get loner n saddy :dts

If this wz d rule y wre v taught to love, To dream of a love......

Ppl dre wht do u think abt this hypocrisy of parent....:help

Saini84

Elite
I think thats called caring. Some parents would think that you are not so matured enough to take your own decisions. And at an tender age of 17-20 like you mentioned, parents think that its just the hormones how can my son or daughter know what is best for him or her. I am not saying this for all the parents, it differs. Therefore they don't want you to end up in a mess. But if you can make them understand at the right time that No this guy or girl will love me more then anybody else and moreover you will never be happy with someone else but him/her. If they understand then its fine if not then stick to that person you love and live upto your commitment, no matter what, do what you think is right for you, at the same time it shouldn't hurt your parents either. There is always a way out to everything, if you quit then you are not only insulting your own love but it will be difficult for you to face yourself in the mirror. Thats just my opinion.

aru22

i totally agree on the caring part... no two ways about it...But some parents as if hv seen are just so orthodox dat they make a mess evn wn taking to a a guy on ph.... isnt dat wrong fr a child who hs gt no wrong intensions

Saini84

Elite
That is the understanding between the child and the guardian. Thats why I said depends on each of them how they are. My parents are totally ok with talking to a girl on phone because they know me well and they know I won't do anything wrong. And I think its not because I am guy even if it was my sister would have been ok as such the understanding between my parents and all their kids is awesome. But at the same time my parents would be more cautious abt my sister. I mean I know a girl who can't talk to a guy on phone but she still used to talk to him on phone and I replied to this thread because the topic reminded me of that girl. Getting back to your question I think it is wrong, its the way guardians of that child are brought up. Now when the child grows up and becomes a guardian him/herself might not do the same for his/her kid. Infact my sister did love marriage and my parents and me were against it, but now we know she took the right decision for herself. We knew it then as well that she wouldn't go wrong but what made us against it was our punjabi ego that we have. Now its all fine, the good thing abt my sister was she lived up to her commitment and not only that she made us understand she did the right thing.

aru22

Thanks for ur reply... i feel u r ryt frm the guardians point of view... bt being a teenager n dat to brought up in a gud environment,,, quite grown up fr my age,,, i wld... actully a teenager wld lyk to take up d driver seat of hr lyf atlest once nd judge d turns to right or wrong:biker.... bt v nvr r given a chance :( and considerd a lil baby :gulp.... n u totally ryt on EGO part :wah

Saini84

Elite
This is something called Life. Thats how it is...I mean if everything goes right then it gets boring so there are many times in life where you face such detours and one needs to take his/her own decisions but what matters is the right time. Situations like this makes you more mature and thats how you grow up. I am 25 and I've seen a lot of things in life but there is so much left to do and I don't have enough time. Life seems to be so short and in this short life so many things happens. When I was a teen life was slow for me and thats because I didn't have much to do then and now I've more responsibilities. Life changes as you grow up and the change is a must and it happens to everyone. After ten years me and you would change with the time. People don't change but life and situations in life makes them change either for good or bad. Karm kar phal ki chinta mat kar. This is just my general opinion. Baki love te ta main tenu pehla hi apna opinion de chukya. Kayi bari eh vi hunda ke love is there, immense love is there between both of them but it doesn't work out always for one or the other reason. And finally its upto both of them what exactly they want for each other. If understanding is there with such love then I don't think you need anybody's opinion.

Saini84

Elite
Oh and I forgot to say something important. One is not given a chance. If one is expecting that you should be given a chance then I'd say he/she is still a teen and not so matured enough to take the driver seat. You don't wait for a chance....you just get it. You have to find ways to get that chance you deserve that is how you will be in a comanding position to take your own decisions, and this is exactly why I said take decision on right time. (I can't believe I am saying all this, seems too matured of somone who is 25 :D)