1. ‘Don't you think...': If you have any brains, you will think the way I do.
2. ‘I can't believe...': I am so annoyed about what just happened.
3. ‘Can you believe…': You should also be annoyed by what just happened.
4. ‘Don't get me wrong but…': If you think I'm out of line you're right, but I'm still going with it.
5. ‘Wouldn't you have thought…': This is the only, and right, way to think.
6. ‘No offence, but…': I am probably going to offend you now but there is nothing you can do about it.
7. ‘I'm sorry, but…' : I am totally unapologetic about the way I feel.
8. ‘What are you doing this Thursday?': You had better be free on Thursday - I'm putting you on the spot so you have no choice.
9. ‘Don't look now…': Look quickly before you miss it!
10. ‘This may seem strange but…': I'm normal, you're not, so what I'm about to say won't seem normal for you.