ਕਬਯੋ ਬਾਚ ਬੇਨਤੀ ॥ ਚੌਪਈ ॥

JUGGY D

BACK TO BASIC
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
The Lord is One and He can be attained through the Grace of The True Guru.

ਕਬਯੋ ਬਾਚ ਬੇਨਤੀ ॥
Speech of the poet.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥ Chaupai

ਹਮਰੀ ਕਰੋ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਰੱਛਾ ॥ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਇ ਚਿੱਤ ਕੀ ਇੱਛਾ ॥
Protect me O Lord ! with Thine own Hands all the desires of my heart be fulfilled.

ਤਵ ਚਰਨਨ ਮਨ ਰਹੈ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥ ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਾ ॥੩੭੭॥
Let my mind rest under Thy Feet; sustain me, considering me Thine own.377.

ਹਮਰੇ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਸਭੈ ਤੁਮ ਘਾਵਹੁ ॥ ਆਪੁ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਮੋਹਿ ਬਚਾਵਹੁ ॥
Destroy, O Lord ! all my enemies and protect me with Thine won Hnads.

ਸੁਖੀ ਬਸੈ ਮੋਰੋ ਪਰਿਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿੱਖਯ ਸਭੈ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥੩੭੮॥
May my family live in comfort and ease alongwith all my servants and disciples.378.

ਮੋ ਰੱਛਾ ਨਿਜੁ ਕਰ ਦੈ ਕਰਿਯੈ ॥ ਸਭ ਬੈਰਿਨ ਕੌ ਆਜ ਸੰਘਰਿਯੈ ॥
Protect me O Lord ! with Thine own Hands and destroy this day all my enemies;

ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਇ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਆਸਾ ॥ ਤੋਰਿ ਭਜਨ ਕੀ ਰਹੈ ਪਿਯਾਸਾ ॥੩੭੯॥
May all the aspirations be fulfilled; let my thirst for Thy Name remain afresh.379.

ਤੁਮਹਿ ਛਾਡਿ ਕੋਈ ਅਵਰ ਨ ਧਯਾਊਂ ॥ ਜੋ ਬਰ ਚਹੋਂ ਸੁ ਤੁਮਤੇ ਪਾਊਂ ॥
I may remember none else except Thee; and obtain all the required boons from Thee;

ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿੱਖਯ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਤਾਰਿਯਹਿ ॥ ਚੁਨ ਚੁਨ ਸ਼ੱਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਮਾਰਿਯਹਿ ॥੩੮੦॥
Let my servants and disciples cross the world-ocean; all my enemies be singled out and killed.380.

ਆਪੁ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਮੁਝੈ ਉਬਰਿਯੈ ॥ ਮਰਨ ਕਾਲ ਤ੍ਰਾਸ ਨਿਵਰਿਯੈ ॥
Protect me O Lord ! with Thine own Hands and relieve me form the fear of death;

ਹੂਜੋ ਸਦਾ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਪੱਛਾ ॥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਜੂ ਕਰਿਯਹੁ ਰੱਛਾ ॥੩੮੧॥
May Thou ever Bestow Thy favours on my side; Protect me O Lord ! Thou, the Supreme Destroyer.381.

ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਮੁਹਿ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੇ ॥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਇ ਪਿਯਾਰੇ ॥
Protect me, O Lord ! Thou, the Protector, O Lord ! Most dear, the Protector of the Saints:

ਦੀਨਬੰਧੁ ਦੁਸ਼ਟਨ ਕੇ ਹੰਤਾ ॥ ਤੁਮਹੋ ਪੁਰੀ ਚਤੁਰਦਸ ਕੰਤਾ ॥੩੮੨॥
Friend of poor and the Destroyer of the enemies; Thou art the Master of the fourteen worlds.382.

ਕਾਲ ਪਾਇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਪੁ ਧਰਾ ॥ ਕਾਲ ਪਾਇ ਸ਼ਿਵਜੂ ਅਵਤਰਾ ॥
In due time Brahma appeared in physical form; in due time Shiva incarnated;

ਕਾਲ ਪਾਇ ਕਰਿ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ਾ ॥ ਸਕਲ ਕਾਲ ਕਾ ਕੀਯਾ ਤਮਾਸ਼ਾ ॥੩੮੩॥
In due time Vishnu manifested himself; all this is the play of the Temporal Lord.383.

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਜੋਗੀ ਸ਼ਿਵ ਕੀਯੋ ॥ ਬੇਦ ਰਾਜ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਜੂ ਥੀਯੋ ॥
The Temporal Lord, who created Shiva, the Yogi; who created Brahma, the Master of the Vedas;

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਨਮਸ਼ਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੪॥
The Temporal Lord who fashioned the entire world; I salute the same Lord.384.

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਜਗਤ ਬਨਾਯੋ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਜੱਛਨ ਉਪਜਾਯੋ ॥
The Temporal Lord, who created the whole world; who created gods, demons and yakshas;

ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਮਝਿਯਹੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੫॥
He is the only one form the beginning to the end; I consider Him only my Guru.385.

ਨਮਸ਼ਕਾਰ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਸਕਲ ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਜਿਨ ਆਪ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥
I salute Him, non else, but Him; who has created Himself and His subject;

ਸਿਵਕਨ ਕੋ ਸਵਗੁਨ ਸੁਖ ਦੀਯੋ ॥ ਸ਼ੱਤ੍ਰੁਨ ਕੋ ਪਲ ਮੋ ਬਧ ਕੀਯੋ ॥੩੮੬॥
He bestows Divine virtues and happiness on His servants; He destroys the enemies instantly.386.

ਘਟ ਘਟ ਕੇ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਜਾਨਤ ॥ ਭਲੇ ਬੁਰੇ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ਪਛਾਨਤ ॥
He knows the inner feelings of every heart; He knows the anguish of both good and bad;

ਚੀਟੀ ਤੇ ਕੁੰਚਰ ਅਸਥੂਲਾ ॥ ਸਭ ਪਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਫੂਲਾ ॥੩੮੭॥
From the ant to the solid elephant; He casts His Graceful glance on all and feels pleased.387.

ਸੰਤਨ ਦੁਖ ਪਾਏ ਤੇ ਦੁਖੀ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਏ ਸਾਧਨ ਕੇ ਸੁਖੀ ॥
He is painful, when He sees His saints in grief; He is happy, when His saints are happy.

ਏਕ ਏਕ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥ ਘਟ ਘਟ ਕੇ ਪਟ ਪਟ ਕੀ ਜਾਨੈ ॥੩੮੮॥
He knows the agony of everyone; He knows the innermost secrets of every heart.388.

ਜਬ ਉਦਕਰਖ ਕਰਾ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਧਰਤ ਤਬ ਦੇਹ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥
When the Creator projected Himself, His creation manifested itself in innumerable forms;

ਜਬ ਆਕਰਖ ਕਰਤ ਹੋ ਕਬਹੂੰ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਮੈ ਮਿਲਤ ਦੇਹ ਧਰ ਸਭਹੂੰ ॥੩੮੯॥
When at any time He withdraws His creation, all the physical forms are merged in Him.389.

ਜੇਤੇ ਬਦਨ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟਿ ਸਭ ਧਾਰੈ ॥ ਆਪੁ ਆਪੁਨੀ ਬੂਝਿ ਉਚਾਰੈ ॥
All the bodies of living beings created in the world speak about Him according to their understanding;

ਤੁਮ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਰਹਤ ਨਿਰਾਲਮ ॥ ਜਾਨਤ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਅਰੁ ਆਲਮ ॥੩੯੦॥
But Thou, O Lord ! live quite apart form everything; this fact is know to the Vedas and the learned.390.

ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਿਕਾਰ ਨ੍ਰਿਲੰਭ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਅਨੀਲ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਅਸੰਭ ॥
The Lord is Formless, Sinless and shelterless: He is the Primal Power, Blemishlless, Behinningless and Unborn;

ਤਾਕਾ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਉਚਾਰਤ ਭੇਦਾ ॥ ਜਾਕੋ ਭੇਵ ਨ ਪਾਵਤ ਬੇਦਾ ॥੩੯੧॥
The fool claims boastfully about the knowledge of His secrets, which even the Vedas do not know.391.

ਤਾਕੌ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਹਨ ਅਨੁਮਾਨਤ ॥ ਮਹਾਂ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਕਛੁ ਭੇਦ ਨ ਜਾਨਤ ॥
The fool considers Him a stone, but the great fool does not know any secret;

ਮਹਾਂਦੇਵ ਕੌ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸ਼ਿਵ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕਾ ਚੀਨਤ ਨਹਿ ਭਿਵ ॥੩੯੨॥
He calls Shiva "The Eternal Lord, "but he does not know the secret of the Formless Lord.392.

ਆਪੁ ਆਪੁਨੀ ਬੁਧਿ ਹੈ ਜੇਤੀ ॥ ਬਰਨਤ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਤੁਹਿ ਤੇਤੀ ॥
According to one;s won intellect, one describes Thee differently;

ਤੁਮਰਾ ਲਖਾ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥ ਕਿਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਜਾ ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥੩੯੩॥
The limits of Thy creation cannot be known and how the world was fashioned in the beginning?393.

ਏਕੈ ਰੂਪ ਅਨੂਪ ਸਰੂਪਾ ॥ ਰੰਕ ਭਯੋ ਰਾਵ ਕਹੀਂ ਭੂਪਾ ॥
He hath only one unparalleled Form; He manifests Himself as a poor man or a king at different places;

ਅੰਡਜ ਜੇਰਜ ਸੇਤਜ ਕੀਨੀ ॥ ਉਤਭੁਜ ਖਾਨਿ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਰਚਿ ਦੀਨੀ ॥੩੯੪॥
He created creatures from eggs, wombs and perspiration; then He created the vegetable kingdom.394.

ਕਹੂੰ ਫੂਲਿ ਰਾਜਾ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਬੈਠਾ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਿਮਟਿ ਭਯੋ ਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਇਕੈਠਾ ॥
Somewhere He sits joyfully as a king; somewhere He contracts Himself as Shiva, the Yogi;

ਸਗਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟਿ ਦਿਖਾਇ ਅਚੰਭਵ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਰੂਪ ਸੁਯੰਭਵ ॥੩੯੫॥
All His creation unfolds wonderful things; He, the Primal Power, is from the beginning and Self-Existent.395.

ਅਬ ਰੱਛਾ ਮੇਰੀ ਤੁਮ ਕਰੋ ॥ ਸਿੱਖਯ ਉਬਾਰਿ ਅਸਿੱਖਯ ਸੱਘਰੋ ॥
O Lord ! keep me now under Thy protection; protect my disciples and destroy my enemies;

ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਜਿਤੇ ਉਠਵਤ ਉਤਪਾਤਾ ॥ ਸਕਲ ਮਲੇਛ ਕਰੋ ਰਣ ਘਾਤਾ ॥੩੯੬॥
All the villains creations outrage and all the infidels be destroyed in the battlefield.396.

ਜੇ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਤਵ ਸ਼ਰਨੀ ਪਰੇ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਦੁਖਿਤ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਮਰੇ ॥
O Supreme Destroyer ! those who sought Thy refuge, their enemies met painful death;

ਪੁਰਖ ਜਵਨ ਪਗੁ ਪਰੇ ਤਿਹਾਰੇ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਤੁਮ ਸੰਕਟ ਸਭ ਟਾਰੇ ॥੩੯੭॥
The persons who fell at Thy Feet, Thou didst remove all their troubles.397.

ਜੋ ਕਲਿ ਕੌ ਇਕ ਬਾਰ ਧਿਐਹੈ ॥ ਤਾ ਕੇ ਕਾਲ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨਹਿ ਐਹੈ ॥
Those who meditate even on the Supreme Destroyer, the death cannot approach them;

ਰੱਛਾ ਹੋਇ ਤਾਹਿ ਸਭ ਕਾਲਾ ॥ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਅਰਿਸ਼ਟ ਟਰੇ ਤਤਕਾਲਾ ॥੩੯੮॥
They remain protected at all times; their enemies and troubles come to and end instantly.398.

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਾਟਿ ਤਨ ਜਾਹਿ ਨਿਹਰਿਹੋ ॥ ਤਾਕੇ ਤਾਪ ਤਨਕ ਮਹਿ ਹਰਿਹੋ ॥
Upon whomsoever Thou dost cast Thy favourable glance, they are absolved of sins instantly;

ਰਿੱਧਿ ਸਿੱਧਿ ਘਰ ਮੋਂ ਸਭ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਛਾਹ ਛ੍ਵੈ ਸਕੈ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥੩੯੯॥
They have all the worldly and spiritual pleasures in their homes; none of th enemies can even touch their shadow.399.

ਏਕ ਬਾਰ ਜਿਨ ਤੁਮੈਂ ਸੰਭਾਰਾ ॥ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸ ਤੇ ਤਾਹਿ ਉਬਾਰਾ ॥
He, who remembered Thee even once, Thou didst protect him from the noose of death;

ਜਿਨ ਨਰ ਨਾਮ ਤਿਹਾਰੋ ਕਹਾ ॥ ਦਾਰਿਦ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਦੋਖ ਤੇ ਰਹਾ ॥੪੦੦॥
Those persons, who repeated Thy Name, they were saved from poverty and attacks of enemies.400.

ਖੜਗ ਕੇਤ ਮੈਂ ਸ਼ਰਨਿ ਤਿਹਾਰੀ ॥ ਆਪ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ ॥
Bestow thy help own me at all places protect me from the design of my enemies. 401.

ਸਰਬ ਠੌਰ ਮੋ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਹਾਈ ॥ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਦੋਖ ਤੇ ਲੇਹੁ ਬਚਾਈ ॥੪੦੧॥
Bestow Thy help on me at all places and protect me from the designs of my enemies.401.

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਜਗਮਾਤਾ ॥ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਕਰਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਸੁਭ ਰਾਤਾ ॥
The Mother of the world has been kind towards me and I have completed the book this auspicious night;

ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਸਕਲ ਦੇਹ ਕੋ ਹਰਤਾ ॥ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਦੋਖਿਯਨ ਕੋ ਛੈ ਕਰਤਾ ॥੪੦੨॥
The Lord is the destroyer of all the sins of the body and all the malicious and wicked persons.402.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਜਬ ਭਏ ਦਯਾਲਾ ॥ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਾ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਤਤਕਾਲਾ ॥
When Mahakal became kind, He immediately caused me to complete this book;

ਮਨ ਬਾਂਛਤ ਫਲ ਪਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ॥ ਦੂਖ ਨ ਤਿਸੈ ਬਿਆਪਤ ਕੋਈ ॥੪੦੩॥
He will obtain the fruit desired by the mind (who will read or listen to this book) and no suffering will occur to him.403.

ਅੜਿੱਲ ॥
ARRIL

ਸੁਨੈ ਗੁੰਗ ਜੋ ਯਾਹਿ ਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਈ ॥ ਸੁਨੈ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਚਿਤ ਲਾਇ ਚਤੁਰਤਾ ਆਵਈ ॥
The dumb, who will listen to it, will be blessed with the tongue to speak; the fool, who will listen to it attentively, will get wisdom;

ਦੂਖ ਦਰਦ ਭੌ ਨਿਕਟ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਨਰ ਕੇ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਹੋ ਜੋ ਯਾਕੀ ਏਕ ਬਾਰ ਚੌਪਈ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ॥੪੦੪॥
That person will be absolved of suffering, pain or fear, who will even once recite this Chaupai-prayer.404.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥
CHAUPAI

ਸੰਬਤ ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਭਣਿੱਜੈ ॥ ਅਰਧ ਸਹਸ ਫੁਨਿ ਤੀਨਿ ਕਹਿੱਜੈ ॥
It was Bikrami Samvat 1753;

ਭਾਦ੍ਰਵ ਸੁਦੀ ਅਸ਼ਟਮੀ ਰਵਿ ਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਤੀਰ ਸਤੁੱਦ੍ਰਵ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥੪੦੫॥
This book was competed on the banks of Sutlej on Sunday, the eighth Sudi of the month of Bhadon.

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥
swaiya

ਪਾਂਇ ਗਹੇ ਜਬ ਤੇ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਕੋਊ ਆਂਖ ਤਰੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਨਯੋ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਅਨੇਕ ਕਹੈਂ ਮਤ ਏਕ ਨ ਮਾਨਯੋ ॥
O God ! the day when I caught hold of your feet, I do not bring anyone else under my sight; none other is liked by me now; the Puranas and the Quran try to know Thee by the names of Ram and Rahim and talk about you through several stories, but I do not ac

ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬੇਦ ਸਭੈ ਬਹੁ ਭੇਦ ਕਹੈ ਹਮ ਏਕ ਨ ਜਾਨਯੋ ॥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਪਾਨ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕਰਿ ਮੈ ਨ ਕਹਯੋ ਸਭ ਤੋਹਿ ਬਖਾਨਯੋ ॥੮੬੩॥
The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas describe several mysteries of yours, but I do not agree with any of them. O sword-wielder God! This all has been described by Thy Grace, what power can I have to write all this? (863)

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
Dohra

ਸਗਲ ਦੁਆਰ ਕਉ ਛਾਡਿ ਕੈ ਗਹਯੋ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਦੁਆਰ ॥ ਬਾਂਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਅਸਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਰ ॥੮੬੪॥
O Lord ! I have forsaken all other doors and have caught hold of only Thy door. O Lord ! Thou has caught hold of my arm; I, Govind, am Thy self, kindly take (care of me and) protect my honour. (864)