The first Hukamnama from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji September 1, 1604

Student of kalgidhar

Prime VIP
Staff member
The first parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was done at Sri Harmandir Sahib Aug 16,1604 with Guru Arjan Dev Ji sitting on the floor as Baba Buddha Ji read the Hukamnama. The hukamanma was Santa Ke Karaj Aap Khaloiya Har Kam Karavan Aaya Raam. The first Hukamnama now in S G G S J Ang 783-784.

Sri Adi Granth was taken to Sri Harmandir Sahib. Baba Budha Ji carried Sri Adi Granth Ji on his head, while Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj is doing Chor Sahib Seva behind Baba Ji.

Sri Adi Granth was installed in Sri Harmandir Sahib on 16th October 1604. Baba Budha Ji in the presence of Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj read the first Hukamnama below.

10615622_1472814729639024_55074745315277-1.jpg

Soohee, Fifth Mehla:

The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks.

The land is beautiful, and the pool is beautiful; within it is contained the Ambrosial Water.

The Ambrosial Water is filling it, and my job is perfectly complete; all my desires are fulfilled.

Congratulations are pouring in from all over the world; all my sorrows are eliminated.

The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.

The Transcendent Lord has kept His promise, and confirmed His nature; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

The Creator has given me the nine treasures, wealth and spiritual powers, and I do not lack anything.=

Eating, spending and enjoying, I have found peace; the gifts of the Creator Lord continually increase.|

His gifts increase and shall never be exhausted; I have found the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts.

Millions of obstacles have all been removed, and pain does not even approach me.

Tranquility, peace, poise and bliss in abundance prevail, and all my hunger is satisfied.

Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of his Lord and Master, whose Glorious Greatness is wonderful and amazing. ||2||

It was His job, and He has done it; what can the mere mortal being do?

The devotees are adorned, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; they proclaim His eternal victory.

Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, bliss wells up, and we are friends with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

He who made the effort to construct this sacred pool – how can his praises be recounted?

The merits of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, charity, good deeds and immaculate lifestyle, are found in this sacred pool.

It is the natural way of the Lord and Master to purify sinners; Nanak takes the Support of the Word of the Shabad. ||3||

The treasure of virtue is my God, the Creator Lord; what Praises of Yours should I sing, O Lord?

The prayer of the Saints is, “”O Lord and Master, please bless us with the supreme, sublime essence of Your Name.””

Please, grant us Your Name, grant us this blessing, and do not forget us, even for an instant.

Chant the Glorious Praises of the World-Lord, O my tongue; sing them forever, night and day.

One who enshrines love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord, his mind and body are drenched with Ambrosial Nectar.

Prays Nanak, my desires have been fulfilled; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lord, I live. ||4||7||10||