We are ready for the Games: Sheila Dikshit

Saini Sa'aB

K00l$@!n!
With just a day to go for the Commonwealth Games, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit says she is no longer nervous and that Delhi is ready for the Games.

In an exclusive interview to NDTV's Barkha Dutt, the Chief Minister said she was horrified by the condition of the Games Village when it was handed over, as over 60 per cent of the roooms were in an unlivable condition.

Blaming the Delhi Development Authority, The Organising Committee of the Games and builders EMMAR-MGF, Sheila said it was her office that turned the Games Village around in just four days.

"Sixty per cent of the Village was unlivable when it was handed over to us...we made the Village first rate all in one week," she said.

Sheila also said as the Delhi Chief Minister, all the blame comes to her, but she did not have authority in many areas of the Games.

"I have been telling everyone that the Delhi Chief Minister should be given more powers, and control," she added.

Also speaking on the all the controversies that have surrounded the Games, she promised that everything will be scrutinised after the Games end.

Sheila Dikshit also said she felt pained when people like former Sports Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar decide to skip the event by going out of the city.

"I feel pained, I feel bad. How are the games disturbing anybody?" she said.

Aiyar, who criticised holding of the Games and had said that only "evil" will patronise them, left for London a few days ago.

Also speaking on the comments on different standards of hygiene for west and India by Lalit Bhanot, the secretary general of the CWG, the Chief Minister called them "thoughtless".