Ranveer: Shahid & Ranbir are way too senior

Ranveer: Shahid & Ranbir are way too senior​

As it happens with every newcomer who actually comes with a promise, Ranveer Singh too is going through a phase when comparisons are being made with other young stars like Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan. Even though he is enjoying a launch in a Yash Raj film, Ranveer truly believes that it is way too early to put him in the same boat as the aforementioned actors.
“I really want to believe that BAND BAAJA BAARAAT turns out to be a huge success now. Still, even if that happens, I wouldn’t want to be compared with Shahid, Ranbir or Imran. They are way too senior to me and it would be unfair to put me on the same pedestal”, says Ranveer Singh who was an assistant director at the production house before Chopras roped him as a lead opposite Anushka Sharma.
Given the fact that this is after years that Yash Raj Films is actually giving a break to a first time actor, doesn’t he feel flattered that just like Ranbir (SAAWARIYA) and Imran (JAANE TU YA JAANE NAA), he too is actually enjoying a mega launch for himself?
“I could have been flattered had these actors been seen in only one film by now. But both Ranbir and Imran have already done five-six films. As for Shahid, he has done even more. Where do I stand in comparison? Let me do some more films and continue to enjoy added success. Only after that I should be eligible for such conversations”, smiles Ranveer.
Well, this conversation may not really be far away. The way Ranveer is already seeing tremendous appreciation coming his way from audience as well as industry alike, it is time to rejoice, what with Bollywood finally getting a new leading hero who has not just lived up to the promise but has also exceeded expectations. Here is looking forward to a continued innings from a start who has been born.