No Xmas,New Year celebrations-CHANDIGARH

deepak pace

DJ_DEE

Chandigarh, December 22
Christmas is going to be a subdued affair in the wake of Mumbai terror. In fact, unlike previous years, prayers will replace the elaborate celebrations. Beside churches, private hotels in the city are also bracing up for low-key Christmas celebrations.
“Christmas means peace, this time we are organising ‘Live Crib’, which will be a live depiction of the Jesus Christ’s objectives of rooting out violence and spreading love. Earlier, we used to convey this message with the help of posters, statues and cardboard cuttings”, Father of Catholic Church in Sector-19 Stephen Fernandes said.
“Festivity should be in the heart, I believe in peace, this time we want to salute the martyrs, who lost their lives in the Mumbai attack”, said Errol Rodrigues, a member of the Catholic Church.
“I believe that differences among communities should not exist as God has made all of us equal,” said Shibu Mathew, a DEL employee.
“We won’t celebrate Christmas this year. There will, however, be a prayer meeting for those killed in Mumbai terror attack,” said Mohan Singh, manager, Noodle Bar.
“The festivity isn’t important this year as we have lost so many persons. It is the time to fight back and wipe out terrorism by joining hands”, said Naveen Sen, an hotelier. It may be recalled that CITCO-run hotels such as Hotel Mountview and Hotel Shivalikview had already announced that there would not be any Christmas and New Year celebrations. Even general public is contemplating a subdued Christmas and New Year to express solidarity with the families of those who died in Mumbai violence.

pps309

Prime VIP
Re: No Xmas,New Year celebrations-CHANDI

IMHO, we should live it to the discretion of people. Atleast Christians will be willing to celebrate christmas. I mean its like Gurpurab or Diwali for them.