New fight club

chief

Prime VIP

There's a new battleground in Bollywood, and it's all about how much damage you can do in 140 characters. With celebs exchanging potshots and new controversies popping up on Twitter at blitzkrieg speed, we bring you the five most infamous Twitter fights of the past month:

Rajeev MasandAmitabh Bachchan:

Film critic Masand lambasted Akshay Kumar, who circulated pics to the media of him meeting an ailing RK Lakshman in the hospital. When Masand said that Akshay was “grinning like a jackass“, Amitabh retaliated, “Rajeev, your fraternity will never pull you up for calling Akshay a `jackass'.“ Masand replied with an open letter to Bachchan, mentioning infamous instances such as that of Abhi slapping a photographer.

Sonam Kapoor Shobhaa De:

When film critic Shobhaa De criticised Sonam's film I Hate Luv Storys, the film's director tweeted that De “is an old fossil, getting no action and going through menopause“.
Sonam retweeted the same, leading to a huge controversy, that only ended when Sonam tweeted an apology.

Ram Gopal Varma Karan Johar:

After the success of I Hate Luv Storys, Varma tweeted that he “loves to hate and hates to love“ Johar. He also took potshots at KJo's films Kurbaan and My Name Is Khan. KJo replied, “You have an amazing sense of humour, Ramu! Never shows up in your films, though.“

Mahesh Bhatt Javed Akhtar:

The two locked horns over the issue of revenue sharing between producers and the music fraternity.
Javed tweeted: “Mahesh, You are not fooling anyone. you represent the vested interest in this matter.“ Bhatt replied, “If what you allege about me is true, it should not hurt me& if it is true, even then it should not hurt me.“

Asha Bhosle Salman Khan:

The veteran singer took a dig at Khan, who has been involved in alleged drink driving cases in the past, when she tweeted sarcastically, “Salman Khan's wondering why Lindsay Lohan got 90 days jail 4 drunk driving? These Americans don't know how 2 treat their Stars!“ The tweet angered many Salman fans.