Modified Indian jeeps

vludteme

sir ji i am from hyderabad .i am 6.3 inch tall weight 120 kg .wanted jeep with enough leg space .i be greatfull if detail given to me on my email id .vludteme@hotmail.com. thanks

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
sir ji i am from hyderabad .i am 6.3 inch tall weight 120 kg .wanted jeep with enough leg space .i be greatfull if detail given to me on my email id .vludteme@hotmail.com. thanks

you can buy from Punjab , dabwali jeeps something . goto Jallandhar and you can get them from there too.
Make sure you can register them, some you cannot

deep

Prime VIP
dont get assembled ones, get army disposal and get it refitted with diesel engine(either Toyota or Isuzu).
you can get army disposal from any army cantt auction, generally those come with petrol engines, you can buy diesel engine from Delhi (new or used, depending upon your budget) and get it fitted.

kyl

Elite
dont get assembled ones, get army disposal and get it refitted with diesel engine(either Toyota or Isuzu).
you can get army disposal from any army cantt auction, generally those come with petrol engines, you can buy diesel engine from Delhi (new or used, depending upon your budget) and get it fitted.

Now even army Jeeps come with diesel engines. But they are mahindra MM 540 (THAR) not short body old bushrangers. If you are looking for Willy's or ford look modified short body they will be assembelled and chassis cut. No point of buying them. Army Jeeps are good and engine will also do one or two years with good transmission and rust free chessis.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
I heard someone saying that you still can retrieve old 60's army willys and can restore them. If yes can they be registered again ?

You can buy either toyota or isuzu diesel engines. Transmission can still be used from other vehicles such as HM ambasaddor ( I assume) because lota of people do isuzu swaps .

deep

Prime VIP
Now even army Jeeps come with diesel engines. But they are mahindra MM 540 (THAR) not short body old bushrangers. If you are looking for Willy's or ford look modified short body they will be assembelled and chassis cut. No point of buying them. Army Jeeps are good and engine will also do one or two years with good transmission and rust free chessis.

we bought one few years ago from pathankot cantt with petrol engine and short chassis, i dont remember exactly what we did for transmission as my cousin got it done, but we bought a toyota 2c engine from delhi for that jeep.

Reactions: kyl

kyl

Elite
we bought one few years ago from pathankot cantt with petrol engine and short chassis, i dont remember exactly what we did for transmission as my cousin got it done, but we bought a toyota 2c engine from delhi for that jeep.

Congratulations you are lucky, got original one (bushranger or classic or 81")but there are few in market and no one wants to sell them so dealers in Mandi Dabwali or Moga buy 91"/MM 550 model and cut chassis to make Willys look. Imagine what will be left in a offroader vehicle. Now Army use MM540 Jeep also called peejo in countryside for its engine which is Puegot TUD5

kyl

Elite
I heard someone saying that you still can retrieve old 60's army willys and can restore them. If yes can they be registered again ?

You can buy either toyota or isuzu diesel engines. Transmission can still be used from other vehicles such as HM ambasaddor ( I assume) because lota of people do isuzu swaps .

Ambassador have Isuzu engine and transmission. Cheapest and best market for them is Barnala in Punjab and of course Maya Puri in Delhi

yes after market suspension set up. and Lift kits to raise the ground clearance.
If they do offer after market suspension system, that wud b dam, 2 lakh rapaiye for them jeeps. thats about 4 grand here man.
what other drawbacks those jeeps have other than harsh ride?

kyl

Elite
yes after market suspension set up. and Lift kits to raise the ground clearance.
If they do offer after market suspension system, that wud b dam, 2 lakh rapaiye for them jeeps. thats about 4 grand here man.
what other drawbacks those jeeps have other than harsh ride?

A detailed thread about these Jeeps by Jeep enthusiasts
Dabwali Jeeps - Team-BHP

The Saddest thing is when you are feeling real down , you look around and realize that there is no shoulder for you to cry on..????????

i would prefer a wrangler or a rubicon anyday but i dnt think there is anythin close to that feeling wen u build ur own vehicle