Karvachauth Not for Sikhs...

prinzdude

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well.... the embracing of the customs like Karva Chauth and any type of fasting practices are clearly condemned by Sikh Gurus.

It had taken years to come out of these useless rituals and Sikhs of the day are quite happily entering into the superstitions once reviled by our Gurus. I was going through a newspaper which read that Sikh women were extremely staunch about the tradition of Karva Chauth whereas Hindu women had relaxed the conditions of the fast. This is just an alarm that we are leaving Sikh ethos by accepting such rituals.

Kabir Ji has clearly written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji -

Chhode Ann Kare Pakhand....
Na Sohagan Na Oh Rand.... (Page 873)

And there are a number of Shabads in Sri Guru Granth Sahib that teach us not to come under influence of such superstitions as they are nowhere helping and would leave us with more and more ignorance.

This is completely illogical to worship moon for long life of one's spouce. I have also read that some men have also observed the fast for their spouse. And I know atleast three stories where husband of women observing Karva Chauth died/had fatal accident in 2-3 days after Karva Chauth. This
is all ignorance and our blind faith that we are going away from the sea of knowledge 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib' and adopting such rubbish in name of customs. No customs/practices of fasting can add to the life provided by the Almighty even a single day. And on asking this from the Sikhs practising
such false customs, they would say that they knew that the life given by the God can not be altered and they have no reasonable reason for observing the fast. And they would be contradicting their own
words from their own actions.

Waheguru Sab Nu Sadbudhi Den....

prinzdude

Love is not some thing to show off. It is to experience and understand.
Fasting is a superstition.

It is believed that keeping fast can make their husband's life long. But it's not that.

Someladies say that it is a way of showing their love for their husband. But I believe that love is not a thing to be shown. It's a great feeling. The people who feel insecure about their relationship, only they keep fast.

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
nice thread bayee ji, thnx for putting it up here.
bayee sikhi de hisaab naal vart rakhan da koi logic nahi hai
but still being a hindu, vart rakhne vi chahinde ne
sikh ho ke vart rakhna bewakoofi hai

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
dharm de hisaab naal varth rakhna galt hai, te ik sikh hoke main rakha vi na kade vi, par mainu ta eh samjh nahi aundi ki aini der koi sara din bhukha kiven reh sakda bina paani peete o vi, mere varge petu raam da jinne sara din kuj na kuj charde rehna hunda ohda guzara ta aukha 22 kise vi tara da vart rakhke :roll

Menu tan g ik gal ni samjh aundi .. irrespective of any religion .. je rabb tuhanu roti de reha hai tan tusi vart rakhde o .. ona nu ja ke pucho jina nu 2 time di roti v ni naseeb hundi .. complete disgrace to food provided by god ..
Ik gal hor, karwa chauth te vart na rakh ke v je koi apne saathi di lambi umar di duaa har roz kare, te ki odi duaa kabool ni hougi ???

user131213

No one ask for sikh people to follow other religion rituals so why they are saying this is good or Bad.
Here I found posts are posted by many sikh people which shows that there is no respect for other religion and their rituals.

But, fasts are to keep the desired under control, there are lots of scientific facts which can not be explained in few words.

For explained answer please follow.

10 Incredible Health Benefits of Fasting - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

The Health Benefits of Water Fasting by Stephen Harrod Buhner

Fasting can help protect against brain diseases, scientists say | Science | The Observer

The Health Benefits of Fasting | Serendip Studio

Depriving yourself: The real benefits of fasting - Chicago Tribune

BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

All these reswearches are not done by Hindus only, done by christian as well.

I hope all educated and human beings will read and understand what the reality is and the sikh gurus said without knowing the reality.
here i have given couple of proofs from scientist which are based on real theory and practical. Open eyes and follow the right path.

pigeon usually close eyes while see cat and feel that danger is gone, but reality is others all known.

Do Not act as pigeon..................Good Luck

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
No one ask for sikh people to follow other religion rituals so why they are saying this is good or Bad.
Here I found posts are posted by many sikh people which shows that there is no respect for other religion and their rituals.

But, fasts are to keep the desired under control, there are lots of scientific facts which can not be explained in few words.

For explained answer please follow.

10 Incredible Health Benefits of Fasting - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

The Health Benefits of Water Fasting by Stephen Harrod Buhner

Fasting can help protect against brain diseases, scientists say | Science | The Observer

Depriving yourself: The real benefits of fasting - Chicago Tribune

BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

All these reswearches are not done by Hindus only, done by christian as well.

I hope all educated and human beings will read and understand what the reality is and the sikh gurus said without knowing the reality.
here i have given couple of proofs from scientist which are based on real theory and practical. Open eyes and follow the right path.

pigeon usually close eyes while see cat and feel that danger is gone, but reality is others all known.

Do Not act as pigeon..................Good Luck
Barri gal ae....goood onee
But there is no research thath fasts will make your husbands life longer .. ?
Aggey humanty ala tillo nai sambhjea jnda lol

*Sippu*

*FrOzEn TeARs*
Barri gal ae....goood onee
But there is no research thath fasts will make your husbands life longer .. ?
Aggey humanty ala tillo nai sambhjea jnda lol

Thora logic naal socho.. Jida kehnde uncle sare ah jannani ne ta mera lahu peeh leyaa.. So ehda umar ghat di eh ....
Fr jado aunty vart rakhdi te aunty kamjor hundi har saal , vit. Diya kamiyaa ah jadiya lol ........ fir immuno system down .. bimaariya da hamla ..fir aunty ch uncle da lahu peehn di himmat nahi rehndi , nahi he farmesha no blah blah etc.
Fir uncle ji :med :hol te ohna di sehat banan lag pehndi

Ik adha saal ve vadh gai ehda umar... Te mauja :an

Jks :dts

Jeh karwaachoth eik boht he gehri chaal hein bhartiya abla nari ko kamjor banane ki :(

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member

I agree, and its very unfortunate.
It seems two Sikhs can't have a healthy discussion about sikhi without saying something demeaning to hindus.

*Sippu*

*FrOzEn TeARs*
koi fikar na karooo tusi Sikh , hindu te muslim ral ke goreya da ki karde eh nahi pata tuhanu :an

hun avde kolo he sakhiya sunoniya shad do

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
koi fikar na karooo tusi Sikh , hindu te muslim ral ke goreya da ki karde eh nahi pata tuhanu :an

hun avde kolo he sakhiya sunoniya shad do
yaar mein te dasda c k baba ji eda kehnde....menu te aoo bahut bura lageya
how could even some1 say that ......world will end
*devil laughs*

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Main ni manda Gore satkar karde Jude ta Kirpan da, uhna ne keda Gurabni padi jo 'broadmindedness' te 'Toleration' da paath padandi.

Asin roj Gurabni suni di, tijje din Akhand Paath khulaya hunda, sadde ton ta ikk bodi ni jall hundi.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
sikhaa ton te gila kacherra nai jhall hunda bodi te door di gal aa veere
ohna history parri aa na ..gurbani te nai parri ..... history v barra kujj sikhaundi aa
BATTLE OF SARAGARHI
vadhere jaankari lai babbu maan di album singh is better than king suno ji

baki ... tusi na manney te darbar saab da pani suk jana...plss mann jao ..pleeezzzz

kauma nu ijjat respect kamauni pendi aa...... eda bheekh ch nai mildi
apni vari te tank leke aa jande
tusi maaro te tholle....asi mariye te polle ..... ?