JHATKA, the Sikh mode of killing an animal for food,

Yes,Some Rituals are important and for purposes.
So why do people claim there are no Rituals in Sikhi,.

Because in Sikhi there aren't. The so called "jatt distortion" as you term it occured because people from other religions started destroying Sikhi from within.

They are part of the social culture that sikhs have created to protect themselves and as you may know culture and religion are two very different things. So i still say there are no rituals in Sikhism.(Religion) i.e WE DO NOT DO THIS TO PLEASE THE GOD.

All this directly relates to stuff that we don't have our own education system or country.

Listening to Gurbani is one thing and understanding is completely different.
idha nahi ke jo sunn rahe oh samj bhi rahe.

How do you understand something? Please, allow me to say. You first either see it( example dastar tying), read it, about it or listen to it( Gurbani during Akhand Path).....and then formulate your opinion to it and then either accept it or reject it.

Akhand Path is for just that. To allow people to listen to Gurbani and maybe understand its meaning and ask for clarification if they want. However, i do agree kai lok tah ohda hi baithey hundey a....to show off but jihney samjhni a oh tah dhyaan naal hi sunda.:y

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Kai bahr jan layi Akand Paath sukh lende, kai naukri ja munde layi, ja udha hi sukh shanti layi.
Ithe hai koi jehne Sirf Gurbani Sunan layi Akhand Paath karvaya hove ?

For reasons its done and the way it is done ( day/night w/o break ) It is a ritual.

though nothing wrong in that je karvan waleya nu satisfaction mildi ta ki mada.

H4RVI SINGH

Prime VIP
i agree wid bhaji ........ har koi rabb nu apni lor layi yaad krda hai :yes

koi dan krda apne munde de na te , koi kuch te koi kuch ........ sacha sant koi ni sabnu apni apni payi aa ,,,,,,,,

i agree wid bhaji ........ har koi rabb nu apni lor layi yaad krda hai :yes

koi dan krda apne munde de na te , koi kuch te koi kuch ........ sacha sant koi ni sabnu apni apni payi aa ,,,,,,,,

Ik vaar merey ghar dean ney tv tey uchi path lagaea tey apna kam karan lag gey...

Meh tey ghar dey baith key khaan lag gaey...meh keha ehdi awaaz ghat karlo.....ehda ki faida.....ghar dey kehndey...ehdey pichey soch eh a...."jeh do bol v Gurbani dey kisey dey dimag ch peh jaan tah ohda bhala ho janda".

Akhand Path maara ni ...Jehrey Akhand Path sukhda oh maara va....Ehi dhillon 22 nu samjhaun di koshish kiti c. :y

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
eh ta koi bhi ni keh reha ke Akhand Paath mada hunda,
na hi sukhan wala mada,

Kise de kanna ch Gurbani pe jandi, kise nu karva ke hi khushi mil jandi.
Lakhan paathiya nu rojgaar miliya hoya.

Argument is gall di ho rahi ke is it a Ritual or not !

pps309

Prime VIP
And how does bunch of Paathis reading Gurbani to themselves for five days at trot educate our kids ?

^^^When do pathi's read Gurbaani to themselve for five days???

Akhand Paath.
Hahahaha.......
Akhand Path is 48 hours of continuous recitation of SGGS, not 5 days.
I don't think you are knowledgeable to discuss Sikh religion. No doubts, what you say doesn't make any sense.

Neem hakeem khatra-e-jaan.

pps309

Prime VIP
eh ta koi bhi ni keh reha ke Akhand Paath mada hunda,
na hi sukhan wala mada,

Kise de kanna ch Gurbani pe jandi, kise nu karva ke hi khushi mil jandi.
Lakhan paathiya nu rojgaar miliya hoya.

Argument is gall di ho rahi ke is it a Ritual or not !

Tusi aap kinni Gurbani parde aa ya fer parr ke samjhde aa?
Batheri baar hunda saanu lagda ke sarre hi sadde waang Gurdware jaande aa matha tek (Murti Puja waang) te langar shak ghraa nu. Te lok karde v aa.
Ehde ch changa/maada/ritual/non-ritual sarre aspect haige aa.

Par je aapa kahiye ke sarre hi iko varge aa taa oh v galat aa. I know people jinna ne ghar laya te family-n-friends ne ral ke aap hi Akhand Path kita. Hun ohne ne parya v te sunya v. Jad parran ge sunan ge ta dimag aala samjhan di v koshish karda hi aa.
I know some sikh students here, who are doing masters. Ohna ne last year apne Hostel ch Akhand Path Sahib karvaya, te main dekhya ke kinne hi bachhe otthe aake baithde rahe, path sunde rahe. Aa oh bache ne jo parde aa, jinna kol cars nahi, gurdware door aa. Ohna nu Gurbani te Guru ke darshan deedar otthe hi ho gaye. 2-3 din sab ne ral mil ke langar pakaya, shakaya. Can you imagine how much they would have learnt (concept of sharing, caring), apart from listening Gurbani? Ikath v kisse bahane naal hi hunda, te je oh bahana changa hove taa te fer sonne te suhaga hi aa.
(Ikath ta oh kisse club ya party ch v kar sakde c, jitthe kisse di dhee-bahen di nashe ch patt rul jaandi.)

Dhillon Saab, gal eh aa ke jo sikho ta sikhya, je na sikho ta ritual aa. Its upto you what you gain from your sikhi.

pps309

Prime VIP
Lets comeback to Jhatka:
Those who support it, they have to prove it.

What is the vidhi told by Gurus to do Jhatka? And where is this vidhi mentioned?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Dhillon Saab, gal eh aa ke jo sikho ta sikhya, je na sikho ta ritual aa. Its upto you what you gain from your sikhi.

Yes, but Akhand Paath is a ritual. period !
But I will leave that argument for now and let people forget my 5 day farce :p

Lets comeback to Jhatka:
Those who support it, they have to prove it.

What is the vidhi told by Gurus to do Jhatka? And where is this vidhi mentioned?

Prove what ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
It's not a ritual. It's just like reading a book to a kid.

PPS 22 gave a very good explanation here.

No, Its nothing like reading a book to a kid.
And pps didn't explain why its not a ritual.

here are some definitions for ritual.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define+%3A+ritual]define : ritual - Google Search

^^...If you put aside your prejudice for a second.

reading a book( could range from stories to books that promote good behaviour) to a kid ...and narrating Gurbani(from Guru Granth Sahib) to a person are very much alike. In both cases the purpose is to acquaint and educate.

Jhatka or Chatka meat (Hindi झटका, Punjabi: ਝਟਕਾ jhaṭkā, from Sanskrit ghātaka "killing") is meat from an animal which has been killed by a single strike of a sword or axe to sever the head, as opposed to Jewish slaughter (shechita) or Islamic slaughter (dhabihah) in which the animal is killed by ritually slicing the throat. It has been described as the antithesisof ritual slaughter.
This kills the animal immediately because the spinal cord is severed, and the blood flow to the brain is stopped almost instantly, causing brain death within seconds. Therefore this method is less painful to the animal than other methods

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
You don't read a book to kids for 48 hours straight without a break. (most of the time mumbling to your self)

Paathi paath shadd ke uthe bhi ni sakde unless relieved by another paathi, how is that for a ritual ?

Its not me who is being prejudiced.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
bipran entered the Sikhism ....after singhs went into jungles ..mahants and brahmins took over the sikh schools so called gurdwara.
due to these mahants 9th patshah wasnt allowed to enter darbar sahib.
due to these mahants , biprans and pujaaris thr was time wen practise of worshiping idol started in darbar sahib asr (which is condemned by gurbani).
after the last few sikhs of guru gobind sings's time the structure of sikhism was manipulated(almost destroyed) through long term "great" planning by the biprans.

rather than actual "naam" these biprans laid emphasis on anti gurbani tasks such as by repeating one word lord is achieved...i already told y singhs started doing akahnd paaths but today we are far away from actual concept of it and as well as from nanak's teachings.
however true sikhi or khasla in other words, wld always remain free of rituals or any pakahnd vaad .....however sikhs dont perform any ritual to make any god or any guru happy but they have their own way of living due to which they have their own traditions like anand karz

"" would say 'Jattan di Sikhism' as jatts are responsible for most of the distortion of Sikhism.

here are some of the rituals in Sikhism.

• Amrit Shakna
  • Akhand Paath
  • Sehaj Paath
  • Dastarbandi
  • 5 Sikh bethane""
Amrit is not ritual...with Amrit comes a set of rehets...the tenets of gursikhi...amrit reminds you that you are committed the Guru's path...it is a visible way by which you can remind yourself to adhere to the principles of sikhi...if you look at the rehets which comes along with amrit...you will not find any non-practical thing in that...!

Akhand Paath---> wat wrong do you find in taking God's name or doing paath before or after any task...it is not a bad thing...though paath should be one's routine work...i consider...but having the company of sangat is always blissfull...ofcourse paathi must not leave paath under normal circumstances as paath is nothing short of receiving Guru's message...and wouldn't you think that it is the beadbi of Guru Maharaj to leave him when He is giving sermons...or for that matter is it not considered bad to leave somebody when he/she is conversing with you...!

Sehej Paath---> it refers to doing complete paath of SGGS as per ur convinience...it is as simple as that...!

Dastar bandhi--> just to celebrate the tying of first turban on boy's head as , by doing paath...whats wrong in that...!

5 sikh baithane---> 5 sikh represents the Guru's embodiment...as himself Guru Gobind Singh stated....so no need to call it a ritual...!

Brother, watever the rehets have been made and way of living has been devised...we people and especially you are nobody to comment on that with ur claims emerging from undercooked knowledge...!

You don't read a book to kids for 48 hours straight without a break. (most of the time mumbling to your self)

So if you read a book for lets say 2 hours ...its not a ritual...if you read it for 48 hours(since the book is that long) its a ritual???...rofl...

where is the consistensy of argument in that?

Paathi paath shadd ke uthe bhi ni sakde unless relieved by another paathi, how is that for a ritual ?

Ever heard of something called discipline or more specifically self discipline??

Hun jeh school dey teacher 5 mint para key baki period bahar chaley jaan tah bachea nu tah ohna ney ki sudhar laina?

Naaley this is also to make sure pathi path shad key hi na beh jaan har vaar. It's all about standards even in terms of self discipline.:nerd