Is Sikhism a sect of Hinduism

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
Vedas

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥:
Bed kateb kahahu mat jhoothe jhoothaa jo n bichaarai: Do not say that the Vedas and the Kateb (Quraan, etc.) are false. False is he who does not Reflect on them. (sggs 1350).

According to my understanding the correct meanings are:

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ – Vedas and Semitic scriptures

ਕਹਹੁ – call or declare them

ਮਤ – religions

ਝੂਠੇ – false

ਬੇਦਾਂ ਕਤੇਬਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੰਨੇ ਹੋਏ ਰਸਤਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਹੋ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਝੂਠੇ ਹਨ

Call the religions preached by Vedas and Semitic scriptures false

Last half pankti (line) is also misinterpreted because it cannot mean “Those who do not contemplate them are false” since it is in singular form. Here is word to word translation:

ਝੂਠਾ - false is he

ਜੋ ਨ - who doesn't

ਬਿਚਾਰੈ - contemplate the truth

Meaning – ਅਤੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਹੀ ਉਹ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸੱਚ ਦੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ ।

And false is the person who follows any of these religions and does not contemplate the truth.

Bhai Randhir Singh Ji in his book “Gurmat Gauravta” gives the following interpretation of this line:

ਵੇਦ ਕਤੇਬੀ ਮੱਤ ਹਿੰਦੁਆਂ ਤੇ ਤੁਰਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੰਨੇ ਹੋਏ ਇਹ ਸਭ ਝੂਠੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮੱਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਵਿਚਾਰਨਹਾਰੇ ਭੀ ਝੂਠੇ ਹਨ, ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਉਹ ਸੱਚੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਵਿਚਾਰਦੇ.....

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
T
ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਰਹਿ ਕਹ ਬਪੁਰੇ ਨਹ ਬੂਝਹਿ ਇਕ ਏਕਾ ॥:
Bed kateb karahi kah bapure nah boojhahi ik ekaa: Vedas and Kateb (Quraan, etc.) are helpless, (because) peple do not understand the One Lord (sggs 1153).

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਰਹਿ ਕਹ ਬਪੁਰੇ ਨਹ ਬੂਝਹਿ ਇਕ ਏਕਾ ॥
meaning: What can the Vedas do? People do not understand the One and Only Lord. (
How it prove that Gurbani believe in Vedas?

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
Poor Vedas????
Bible does not accept Koran
Koran Does not accept Bible
In same way Gurbani Does not Accept Vedas
a One religion s Literature is always opposite of other Faiths
Vedas may be True.and Hindus Should follow it.
but Sikhism do not believe in the vedas,,Because Sikhism has nothing to do HIndusim

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
so what poor SGGS do :d

what if i say like that :-? dude better use language that is acceptable.

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
Speaking of Bhindrawala, like Dhillon said , he got loads of innocents killed as well..
Just tell me Name of any Great Personalty Who met Sant ji,An then Said He is Terrorist.,,Just take a Name of One man,,
People Those Met Sant ji they never said he is Terrorist..Subermaniyum Swany,AK Darshi,Devinder Dugaal,other people those were so close to bhindrawale they never call him terrorist.
Prove me he is terrorist .i Will accept it,otherwise there is no need to Discuss it

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member

but Sikhism do not believe in the vedas,,Because Sikhism has nothing to do HIndusim

Absolutely Wrong.
Koran accepts bible and revere Jesus as Masiah.

And Sikhism has everything to do with Hinduism.
heck If you believe Dasam Granth then Ram was the ancestor of Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind.

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
mahaj this discussion is far ahead of your thoughts so don't try to interpret according to your knowledge i never listen that at any gurdwara :) and for your knowledge hindu dharam is 3000+ years old te it will be there always :tj whatever you think :d

tomarnidhi

buddy Koran may not accept bible but it has no issues imbibing the same messengers as theirs i.e. Abraham, Noah even Jesus

And I totally disagree with your statement that one religion is always opposite to another .. If that particular faith has any merit, it will preach the same things, oneness of God , Do good, be kind to others and so on.. show me one religion that doesn't preach that

Islam is most misunderstood faith as Quran does not preach anything any different that other religions in terms of faith , right way of living one's life etc etc(having read it myself)

Similarly theology may differ but the message remains the same through all sects, all denominations and all faiths

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
@ dhillon about ancestors ....how can persons from different caste has same ancestor ?
Atam gyan di gal keeti ona ...

tomarnidhi

Just tell me Name of any Great Personalty Who met Sant ji,An then Said He is Terrorist.,,Just take a Name of One man,,
People Those Met Sant ji they never said he is Terrorist..Subermaniyum Swany,AK Darshi,Devinder Dugaal,other people those were so close to bhindrawale they never call him terrorist.
Prove me he is terrorist .i Will accept it,otherwise there is no need to Discuss it

first off call me Ignorant cuz i hvnt heard the name of any of the great personalities u mentioned

secondly, who is discussing Bhindrawala? he was brought up by Sum1 here, I have no interest in discussing any offtopics

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
@Mahaj it's people like you who interpret messages wrong no religion says that another one is wrong:) even i believe in that :)

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
buddy Koran may not accept bible but it has no issues imbibing the same messengers as theirs i.e. Abraham, Noah even Jesus

And I totally disagree with your statement that one religion is always opposite to another .. If that particular faith has any merit, it will preach the same things, oneness of God , Do good, be kind to others and so on.. show me one religion that doesn't preach that

Islam is most misunderstood faith as Quran does not preach anything any different that other religions in terms of faith , right way of living one's life etc etc(having read it myself)

Similarly theology may differ but the message remains the same through all sects, all denominations and all faiths
Yes this is what i am sayiing .message Is same ,,But their ways are totally different .Their Code of Conduct is diffrent,,Therit Religious are different.
thing is that if you are hindu Be a true Hindu
or If you are sikh Be a true Sikh
i have no right to criticize other s faith,,i am just following what my faiths tell me
So you follow what Your Faith tell you
That s it,,

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
@Mahaj it's people like you who interpret messages wrong no religion says that another one is wrong:) even i believe in that :)

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਅੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਤੁਰਕੂ ਕਾਣਾ ॥
हिंदू अंन्हा तुरकू काणा ॥
Hinḏū anĥā ṯurkū kāṇā.
The Hindu is sightless; the Muslim has only one eye.
page 875 SGGS