Driving Advice?

^^ Cold engine tah gear ch v band ho sakda even if you get the car started and push into first right away it will still stall?

That is why its recommended to warm it up.

So far i dont see any benefits of downshifting over neutral.

Unless ofcourse i am on a race track where i am supposed to hit the corners and accelerate out at specific rpm's where downshifting and then upshifting is neccessary. Since you can only go so far in neutral..lol

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Doesn't that shorten the life of transmission over time?

I heard someone say there are times when its better to shift into neutral and there are times when it is the other way around.

Brake pads 12- 49 dollars trans 1500 + which one do you want to buy?:)
there is a way to use transmission to slow down i didnt say from 5th gear goto 2nd haha it definitly will eff up ur transmission and engine as well.

breakpads di kaun parwah karda ..if u do it neutral u might lose control over the car and can total the car too mate:nerd

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
Doesn't that shorten the life of transmission over time?

I heard someone say there are times when its better to shift into neutral and there are times when it is the other way around.

Brake pads 12- 49 dollars trans 1500 + which one do you want to buy?:)

it does if you do it constantly, but if you know you have to stop ahead due to a red light or something, then just put it in neutral and apply the brakes slowly. if it is a sudden stop like when u decide to stop at the last minute cause of a amber light either down shift if ur rpm's are low or if in the higher rpm range apply brakes while in gear. for my car i can get a new tranny and lightened flywheel with heavy duty clutch for 300, and i've installed one already on my car. lol

ive never heard about the brakes failing if in neutral and stopping. could be possible but i don't know. if ur engine shuts down, just like before starting it then the brakes are really weak. try it on a slope turn engine off and aplly brakes wen moving.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
there is a way to use transmission to slow down i didnt say from 5th gear goto 2nd haha it definitly will eff up ur transmission and engine as well.

ya its just one gear down. so like 3rd to 2nd gear. once you down shift to 2nd the car just feels like it gonna stop right away.
i think its called a flywheel brake. its just when you let go of the accelerator and the RPM's fall and the driveshaft too slows down causing the wheels to slow down as they are moving only if the driveshaft is {only in gear, when in neutral the system is basically broken as the clutch is not gripping the flywheel}. the flywheel is like a rotor and the clutch is like a brake pad. when in gear in both situations there griping on to each other, and when u let go of the brake they are not touching anymore car doesn't slow down, same with the clutch when they are not touching the car wont really slow down. when touching there like the brake system.

same concepts.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
ya right gagan
but then rab na kare je gaddi band ho jave idle condition ch and gaddi neutral ch hove .. fer ta ho gaya kaara.. transmission bachande bachande gaddi di jakhna patt ho jani :p

ya its just one gear down. so like 3rd to 2nd gear. once you down shift to 2nd the car just feels like it gonna stop right away.
i think its called a flywheel brake. its just when you let go of the accelerator and the RPM's fall and the driveshaft too slows down causing the wheels to slow down as they are moving only if the driveshaft is {only in gear, when in neutral the system is basically broken as the clutch is not gripping the flywheel}. the flywheel is like a rotor and the clutch is like a brake pad. when in gear in both situations there griping on to each other, and when u let go of the brake they are not touching anymore car doesn't slow down, same with the clutch when they are not touching the car wont really slow down. when touching there like the brake system.

same concepts.

ooo. I get it now.

On that note how far do i push the clutch in when changing gears?

Some say you push it all the way in and on the other hand i have heard some say that you only push it 1/4th of the way and you will know when to change gears.

I push it in as far as it goes.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
I have a driving habit that i follow. If there is a red light. Before i slow down i shift into neutral and then jst press the brake slowly to slow down.

Like i am in 4th and there is a red light up ahead. I shift into neutral and then just let the car roll and then press the brake slowly to stop.

Is it ok to do that? Does it affect the transmission or is it fine to do it?

same here :car

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
ooo. I get it now.

On that note how far do i push the clutch in when changing gears?

Some say you push it all the way in and on the other hand i have heard some say that you only push it 1/4th of the way and you will know when to change gears.

I push it in as far as it goes.
i would say all the way. you can change gears without pressing clutch too, called rev matching not good for tranny though.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
i would say all the way. you can change gears without pressing clutch too, called rev matching not good for tranny though.

i dnt do that with my car though.
i think with turbo cars isnt good !

like u know how we have our boost pressure stored and once we change the gear it is released dropping down the revs which will put a stress on transmission

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
i dnt do that with my car though.
i think with turbo cars isnt good !

like u know how we have our boost pressure stored and once we change the gear it is released dropping down the revs which will put a stress on transmission

ya i dont do it either but i know alot of truckers who do, most only use clutch for the first 2 gears then all the rest are rev matching.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
ya i know they have engine brakes isnt it, sounds loud .
hows ur car goin.. i think my economy is bit better now after changing oxy sensor. it now has a good combustion too

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
trucks here are not allowed to use the engine brake in housing area's, really load.
my car been sitting for like a couple of weeks in the garage. planning on fixing a few things over the winter break like exhaust raddel and some intercooler piping radeling against something.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
trucks here are not allowed to use the engine brake in housing area's, really load.
my car been sitting for like a couple of weeks in the garage. planning on fixing a few things over the winter break like exhaust raddel and some intercooler piping radeling against something.

oh wow thats kool ull b workin on ur car thats great
mai ta aje nahi agle saal feb ch karunga start cuz hun garmia ne ithe mei ta andar lukk ke betha hehe

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
lol its weird how it summer there and winter here, toronto is like almost -10 degrees Celsius. hopefully not a cold winter so i can work on the car in the garage.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
or just burn down the whole place to make it warm hehe nah nah just start the car for about 10 minutes and ull be fineto work

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
im still not sure if i should start it over the winter, lots of people say that you shouldn't start the car and other people say u should. i dont know, im planning on starting it still.