City suspend defiant Tevez for refusal to play

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
London: Carlos Tevez was suspended by Manchester City on Wednesday for a maximum period of two weeks while the team investigates his apparent refusal to play during a Champions League game against Bayern Munich.
City manager Roberto Mancini said Tevez's career at the club was over after the Argentine forward refused to come off the substitutes' bench in the second half of the 2-0 loss at Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.
"With me, he's finished," Mancini said.
carlostevez2112-1.jpg

While Tevez claimed it was a misunderstanding, City started a disciplinary process.
"I would like to apologize to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich," Tevez said in a statement earlier in the day.
"In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play. This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play."
Mancini wanted to bring Tevez on for Samir Nasri with about 30 minutes left and City trailing 2-0.
"There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood," Tevez said. "Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfill my obligations."
Despite the 27-year-old's denial of claims he refused to feature during Tuesday night's clash, the club has taken swift action against the forward, with the player not permitted to train or be considered for selection during the next 14 days.
A statement on the club's official website read: "Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks."
"The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich."
"The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way."
Mancini's stance was supported by FIFA Vice President Jim Boyce, who described Tevez's apparent petulance - broadcast live around the world - as "despicable."
"His club would be better off without him," Boyce told British broadcaster Sky Sports. "FIFA should have the power, as they do for drugs-related cases and other cases, to ban the player from taking an active part in football."
The 27-year-old captained City last season and lifted the FA Cup in May, the club's first major trophy since 1976. The Wembley success came after Tevez asked to leave the club in January.
Last summer, Tevez again publicly pushed for a transfer to be closer to his family in Argentina. But no club met City's reported 50-million-Pound fee. He has started just one Premier League game of six so far this season, playing 61 minutes in the September 10 victory over Wigan.
"Carlos didn't play at the start of the season because he didn't do a preseason for three years," Mancini said. "He is not ready to play."
Later, Mancini said he plans to speak with City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak in the coming days to discuss Tevez's future.
"He refused to play," the Italian said. "I cannot accept this behavior from him. I decide the substitutions, not Carlos."
Tevez's act of insubordination in Munich was met with a sense of disapproval at the English players' union as well.
"I think you are going to see a lot more instances of top players getting upset," Professional Footballers' Association chairman Gordon Taylor said. "They will either think they don't deserve to come off, or not be happy at being asked to retrieve a situation.
"But it is part and parcel of being in a large squad. You have to be professional."