Case against Facebook for hosting 'I hate Gandhi' group

A case was registered in Lucknow against social networking site Facebook and others for hosting a group called 'I hate Gandhi' and posting offensive remarks against Mahatma Gandhi, police said. The first information report (FIR) was filed by Indian Police Service officer Amitabh Thakur at Gomti Nagar police station on Monday. The complaint also names many members of the group Thakur contacted to get the offensive comments against the Father of the Nation removed. The users ignored his request.

Thakur said he also contacted the social networking site, headquartered at Palo Alto, in California, US.
"I sent a mail to Facebook, which they responded to, but their reply was not satisfactory," Thakur told IANS.

The case has been filed under multiple sections of the Indian Penal Code, including public nuisance (section 290), intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace (section 504), criminal intimidation (section 506) and using information technology for these purposes (section 66A of the IT Act).

Thakur, the IPS officer of UP Cadre, is currently on a study leave at the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM-L).

*Sippu*

*FrOzEn TeARs*
^^janam sidh adhikar= maulik:an ehda da e hunda kuj
ik movie ch sare jahe hero da naam ve c maulik ..agge rab jane :pr

I wonder why there is never a case against the group that makes fun of the sikh paggs under inticing religious sentiment part of the law or are the opinions of the minorties not valued?

pps309

Prime VIP
Marre nu pujde rende aa, jehre jeyonde roz marde aa ohna di bhalai lai ni koi case karda.

How many rich persons get away free after killing many in drunk-drive cases, why not put a case to treat these as homicide or murders and not accidents?
BTW I filed such petition to Ministry of transport, but no reply ;)

kanjjar

Banned
Anyone can file any case against anyone. That doesn't mean anything. Its just a stupid baseless case anyways.......Who cares about this moron Amitabh Thakur.