__ 5 Kakkaar ...

nails de do part han ik jeounda te ik murda . jeounda bhaag lahu da ang hai . nails de murde part nu he cut kita janda na k jeounde nu. kesa de v do bhaag han jeounda te murda. jo kesh jar to ukhar jande oh apne app jado kangi karde aa bahar aa jande je kite jeounde kes nu pateya jawe ta darad hunda hai. je murde nails nu nahi utaarde ta oh v apne aap tut jange par jado oh lambe ho gye ta kam karn ch problem aaugi te kayi waari ehna naal jeoundae nails v naal he ukar jande aa. wadde nails ch mail fass jandi ae jo k kayi bimariya da kaaran bandi ae( doctor v kehnde aa).es layi nails katne jaroori aa.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
^ no, hairs are as dead as dead part of nails. there is blood, nerves, muscles.

Actually hairs are made of dead cells.

U

userid97899

sareyan nu _/\_ benti aa angreji ghat use karu :an mere warge nu mushkil eh read karna :em

pps309

Prime VIP

Although not convincing for me, as I don't need any scientific reason to keep hair, but I read it some where......

From the scientific point of view, keeping hair is practical because hair has many functions. It traps an insulating layer of still air just outside the skin, and thereby keeping the head cool in summer and warm in winters. Furthermore, hair absorbs harmful ultra violet radiations from the sun and reduces skin cancer. In addition, hair follicles can make androgenic hormones. Auxillary hair provides larger surface area for evaporation of sweat.

Scientific or theoretical reason will always fall short, since there will always be an alternative or contradiction.
But do we care for reason when we are in love with something??? "sach kaho sun leho sabhe, jin prem kiyo tin hi prabh paeyo"

pps309

Prime VIP

the hair grows from a tubular pit, formed by sinking in of the most actively dividing layer of the skin (stratum germinativum) into the lower dermis, the gray part of nails is only modifications of the upper dead layer (stratum corneum). Further, the base of every follicle bulges out forming an inverted cup, which receives blood capillaries for nourishment and nerve fibers to make the hair sensitive. An oil gland, known as sebaceous gland, opens into every hair follicle, the secretion of which lubricates the hair. A muscle is also attached to the base of every hair for bringing about movement. Pigments are added to the shaft of the hair as it grows. None of these features is associated with the dead part of nails.

Structurally, hair is extremely strong, and resists breaking due to its elasticity and flexibility. Strength of hair can be estimated from the following facts, a human hair laid on a bar of steel and then passed through a cold rolling mill would leave an imprint on the face of the steel. A hair of a man’s beard is about as strong as a copper wire of the same dimensions. If a rope were made out of strands of long hair, it would be strong enough to lift an automobile. Dead part of nails, on the other hand, are very brittle and rigid, breaking off easily. Hair are countless (upto 125,000 on head region alone), thereby increasing the surface area. Hair protects us against the harmful Ultra Violet radiations and skin cancer while the dead part of the nails do not seem to provide a similar functionality.

The differences between the two do not end with the structural features. Even the body’s response towards the two is totally different. Our body, throughout life, tries to maintain a particular length of hair. Every individual has a specific length for hair. Once the hair reaches its specific length, it stops growing. If the hair is cut, the body responds by growing it again to the specific length. It clearly indicates the link of the body with the hair all along its length. The body shows no such response to the nails, which grow from birth to death at the same rate, irrespective of whether cut or not. It follows, thus, that cutting of the dead part of nails does not tell on the body at all, whereas, cutting of hair puts extra load on the body. To sum up, if there is anything on the head that can be compared with the dead part of nails, it is either dandruff or dead hair which are removed by combing.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I don't think there is a scientific or a spiritual reason for 5 kakars.

Lets be honest, Hairs as receiver for energy doesn't really make much sense.

Personally I believe 5 kakars was a military directive from Guru ji and that's why we don't find detailed explanation for each kakar as military directives are usually 'Precise' but binding.

The reasons according my own very personal opinion -

Hairs - To give a fierce, intimidating look to Khalsa.
Comb - To clean hairs.
Kirpan - Always be battle ready.
Kara - To tell own soldiers from the enemy and identify 'Shaheed' soldiers.
Kachera - Would be difficult to fight with one hand with other holding dhoti :p So kachera is better.

Guru Gobind Singh was a brilliant military general, with 5 K s he gave an effective dress code to Khalsa and with 'Amrit' he took the fear of death out of them. Thus turning sheep into Lion.

photo.php
photo.php

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Great effort :) really appreciated.
jaroro padunga, udhan 15-20 din lagg jane mainu

pps309

Prime VIP
I don't think there is a scientific or a spiritual reason for 5 kakars.

Lets be honest, Hairs as receiver for energy doesn't really make much sense.

Personally I believe 5 kakars was a military directive from Guru ji and that's why we don't find detailed explanation for each kakar as military directives are usually 'Precise' but binding.

The reasons according my own very personal opinion -

Hairs - To give a fierce, intimidating look to Khalsa.
Comb - To clean hairs.
Kirpan - Always be battle ready.
Kara - To tell own soldiers from the enemy and identify 'Shaheed' soldiers.
Kachera - Would be difficult to fight with one hand with other holding dhoti :p So kachera is better.

Guru Gobind Singh was a brilliant military general, with 5 K s he gave an effective dress code to Khalsa and with 'Amrit' he took the fear of death out of them. Thus turning sheep into Lion.

As I said before any theoretical reason will have shortcomings......
Your reason# 1 for Hairs do not fit. Even Gurus before Guru Gobind Singh maintained Kes, daare.........they don't want to intimidate anyone.
#5 Kachera, if it was for better war clothes, then why only kachera. Why not pajama??

Then why only Kara to recognize Army, why not a color like Saffron, Dark Blue?? Actually Saffron and Dark Blue color was selected for Khalsa Dress because in that blood stains looks more like sweat..

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Agreed with your points but how do we know Guru before Guru Gobind Singh maintained hairs ?

pps309

Prime VIP
Agreed with your points but how do we know Guru before Guru Gobind Singh maintained hairs ?

In history, there is an incidence when son of Guru Nanak, Baba Srichand went to Guru Ramdass ji. Baba Srichand asks him, "Hey Ramdass why do you have so much big beard, what is it for?".
Guru Ramdass politely replied: "Baba ji, this is to serve you and clear the dust from your feet"
Looking at the humility of Guru Ramdass, Baba Srichand ji replied that you are truly humble and true jot of my father.

Even SGGS has praised long hairs, (definitely our Guru is not doing the false praise and himself dishonoring them).
"kesa ka main chawar chhulava"
"sabat soorat dastar sirra"
I am bad with remembering Gurbani pankti, but I heard few more shabads in SGGS path which talk about long hairs.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Even SGGS has praised long hairs, (definitely our Guru is not doing the false praise and himself dishonoring them).
"kesa ka main chawar chhulava"
"sabat soorat dastar sirra"
I am bad with remembering Gurbani pankti, but I heard few more shabads in SGGS path which talk about long hairs.

If I am not mistaken this shlok is not in praise of kesh but a certain gentleman who had long hairs and wore a pagri.