Virbhadra to meet PM, apprise him of political ‘victimisation’

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today said he had made up his mind to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to bring to his notice how he was being victimised at the behest of PK Dhumal and Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley with all the premier investigating agencies gunning for him. He today left for Delhi to attend the wedding of Arun Jaitley's daughter.
“I have never spoken to the PM about my own cases and I personally feel he might not be aware of the facts. I have now decided to speak to him about it so that I do not have any regrets of not bringing it to his notice,” said Virbhadra, in a media interaction here today.
Even as he put the blame for his income tax return case being probed into by the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Dhumal and Jaitley, he made it clear that he will, however, attend the wedding of the Finance Minister’s daughter as he believes in maintaining social niceties and relations.
“Since I have done no wrong, the legal cases don’t bother me but I do admit that at times they weigh on my mind and also put a lot of financial burden on me,” he remarked. He said in sharp contrast to Dhumal, former BJP chief minister and Kangra MP Shanta Kumar was an ideologically very strong man who never misused political machinery and maintained a very dignified conduct.
“He is the perpetrator of all the cases that I am facing so there is no question of any patch up with him,” he said dismissing speculation about any truce between him and Dhumal. “In our recent meeting at Oakover, we only discussed about smooth conduct of winter session of the assembly,” he added.
He also clarified that he was for promotion of all sports, including cricket, and there was no question of targeting Dhumal or his son. “However there should be some show of regret for the manner in which the HP Cricket Association (HPCA) was converted into a company and revenue and forest violations done for the construction of the stadium and the hotel,” said Virbhadra.