Six-yr-old Child’s Body Found, Kin Suspect Foul Play

Lily

B.R
Staff member
SIX-YR-OLD CHILD’S BODY FOUND, KIN SUSPECT FOUL PLAY

Amritsar June 11:
Body of a six-year-old child, Luvpreet Singh, alias Labhu, who was abducted a few days ago, was found in a canal in a nearby village.
His kin say that he fell prey to politics as his father refused to support a candidate for the panchayat elections in Chahal village. The candidate allegedly kidnapped the boy and strangulated him to death.
His body was thrown in a canal in a nearby village. The Tarn Taran police have registered a case under Section 302 of the IPC against unidentified persons. Sources said three groups were contesting the panchayat elections in Chahal. A group comprising Dilbagh Singh, Chamkaur Singh and Jassa Singh and other consisting of Tarsem Singh and Baljit Singh won the polls, but the third group lost.
They added that Tarsem Singh needed support to become the sarpanch of the village, for which he approached Dilbagh Singh, who refused to switch groups, because of which Jassa Singh was elected sarpanch. Sources alleged that Tarsem had tried to lure Dilbagh Singh with money and when he still refused to join his group, he threatened him with dire consequences.
Sources said on June 8, Dilbagh’s son Luvpreet was kidnapped when he went out to play. The family approached the police when they could not find him. A case in this connection was registered at Sarhali police station under section 364 of the IPC. Tarn Taran SSP H S Chahal said during the search operation, body of the boy was recovered from a canal in Bhattal Saheja village.
They said the injury marks on the boy’s body suggested that he was strangulated. He added that further investigations were on. Meanwhile, Tarsem Singh alleged that he has no connection with the boy’s murder. “I am innocent and the charges against me are aimed at defaming me,” he said. He demanded strict action against the killers.