Ranveer - Ragini in a Movie

chief

Prime VIP

Kinshuk Mahajan and Parul Chauhan, the pair that plays the role of Ranveer and Ragini in Star Plus' Sapnaa Babul Ka Bidaai, will soon be seen on the big screen.

The actors, who are keen on starting work on the project, are making their movie debut in producerdirector Rajan Shahi's yet to be titled film.

Confirming the news, Shahi maintains that the film would take a while to go on the floors. "It's taken a few months to zero in on the subject for my film which is my first as a producer-director," he says.

The producer-director wishes to start the film sometime after mid 2010.

Though Sara Khan and Angad Hasija, Chauhan and Mahajan's co-actors in Sapna Baabul Kaa, were also in the running for the lead in the film, Shahi chose Chauhan and Mahajan because, he says, "the two suited the characters better." "I prefer to work with actors who I'm comfortable with. All four of them are my find. But Parul and Kinshuk have the X-factor, which can take them to great heights," says Shahi.

The actors will be taken through workshops and grooming sessions that will help them get into the skin of the characters before the film's shoot begins.

:pop