Yogurt and Honey Muffins Ingredients:
- 1 large Egg
- 55 gms Butter
- 5 tbsps Honey
- 65 ml Lemon Juice
- 140 gms Plain Flour
- 240 ml Plain Yogurt
- � tsps Grated Nutmeg
- Grated Rind of 1 Lemon
- 170 gms Wholemeal flour
- 1 � tsps Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat a 175 degrees F/ 190 degrees C/ Gas 5 oven. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or use paper cases.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and honey. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, lemon rind and juiice. Add the butter and honey mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the yogurt mixture to blend.
- Fill the prepared cups two-thinds full. Bake until the rops spring back when touched lightly, 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the tinfor 5 minutes before turning out. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For perky flavor in gelatin, substitute ginger ale for the cold water.