Agra Ka Petha
• 1 kg Ash Gourd (Petha) (peeled and cut)
• 1 tsp Alum Powder (Phitkari)
• 750 g Sugar
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make Agra Ka Petha:
• Take the ash gourd pieces and prick it with a fork.
• Place the pieces in a large pan filled with water and add alum powder to it. Boil it for fifteen minutes and take off from heat. Drain and wash it thoroughly under cold water.
• In a pan, take one cup of water and add sugar to it and cook it till the sugar is dissolved.
• Add lemon juice to the sugar syrup and lower the flame and add the cooked ash gourd to it.
• Cook till the ash gourd is completely cooked and the sugar syrup is thread like consistency.
• Take off from heat and arrange the pethas in a tray, so that they do not stick to each other.
• Allow it to cool completely.