Zaheer Khan retires from international cricket

avi-jaat

Elite
VRxE0qQ-1.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS
• Zaheer Khan has announced his retirement with immediate effect.
• He took 311 Test, 282 ODI and 17 T20I wickets.
• He will continue playing IPL.
NEW DELHI: Zaheer Khan has announced his retirement from international cricket on Thursday with immediate effect but will be available for the next season of Indian Premier League.
. . On Thursday morning, Zaheer, through social media, confirmed his decision to hang international boots after IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla had earlier posted on his twitter account regarding the impending announcement.
. . The left-arm medium-pacer has been on the sidelines on account of drop in form and persistent injuries, having last played for India in February 2014 against New Zealand in Wellington.
. . I bid adieu to my career in international cricket. I look forward to signing off with IPL 9. #ZaksNewBeginning

— zaheer khan (@ImZaheer) October 15, 2015
. The 37-year-old wasn't named in Mumbai's first two Ranji matches for the ongoing season having missed the previous season due to a shoulder injury.
. . He played for Delhi Daredevils in IPL 8, featuring in seven games in which he picked seven wickets.
. . He was a top performer in India's 2011 World Cup triumph, pocketing 21 wickets in the tournament.
. . Zaheer has played 92 Tests for India, picking 311 wickets at an average of 32.94. He has also played in 200 ODIs in which he has 282 scalps at 29.43 apart from 17 wickets in 17 T20Is.

. . A New Beginning .... The toughest call in a cricketing career is when one has to walk away from the game itself. You...
Posted by Zaheer Khan on Wednesday, October 14, 2015
CRV06MiUkAAOU36-1.jpg

Last edited: