Yo yo honey singh beats a.r. Rahman at europe music awards

→ ✰ Dead . UnP ✰ ←

→ Pendu ✰ ←
Staff member
Yo Yo Honey Singh's song 'Bring Me Back' has beaten A R Rahman's track 'Nenjukulle' from Mani Ratnam's film Kadalam at the Europe Music Awards (EMA) in the Best Indian Act category.

Speaking from Abu Dhabi Yo Yo says, "I don't look at it as beating Rahman Sir's song. I am his biggest fan from the time I heard his songs in the Tamil Film Thiruda Thiruda. No one can touch him. My proudest moment was when I recently met him at the Dubai airport. I was thrilled when he recognized me. I asked him which of my songs he liked. He mentioned 'Satan'. I was over the moon. To even compare me with Rahman Sir is ridiculous. But I am happy I've won an award for the best Indian act. And that too for a non-film song, in our country for a very long time popular music had become synonymous with film songs. I am glad I've broken that Bollywood barrier. I've always said I want take my Indian-Punjabi music abroad. I will be myself. Not one of them."

9LUGG6v-1.jpg

Yo Yo aims at consolidating his market as India's own Michael Jackson by next year. "When I say I want to be India's MJ I don't mean I want to imitate him. I want that kind of success for myself where Indians can say they have their own independent non-film musician to represent them on a global platform."

Last week at a concert in Delhi, Yo Yo pulled up a foreigner on stage who wanted to dance with him.

Laughs Yo Yo, "I asked her, 'Do you even know who I am?' She said my name. I screamed out at the audience, 'Just see Gori log are now listening to Hindi and Punjabi songs and dancing to them.' I feel I've started something. But there is still a lot to do. Luckily for me, my friends and well-wishers have stopped attacking me for every evil in society. Aur bhi hain gham duniya mein Yo Yo Honey Singh ke siva.

sweggar

Re: Yo yo honey singh beats a.r. Rahman at europe music awar

thread title is nt justifying with post....