Yamaha R1 vs Suzuki GSXR 1000

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
Pulling the throttle to the extreme red line I found out that when it comes to being fast and furious nothing can match the litre superbikes. Japanese makes Yamaha and Suzuki has decided to come one on one with their super sports Suzuki GSXR 1000 and Yamaha R1.

Power plant

Suzuki GSXR 1000 the premium super sports bike now has got a charismatic effect that will blow off the minds of Indian super Sports bike lovers. Even though this bike is marginally expensive, this bike has been segmented to the top of Indian biking market. The velocity of Suzuki with a 999 cc displacement motor will surely get a quack in your boots.

Suzuki GSXR 1000

This superb performer has got 16 valve, 4 cylinder, 4 stroke, DOHC power plant. This massive power plant is paired with 6 speed transmission (Constant mesh). This transmission has proved its responsiveness and on my very first test ride I experienced the soother gear shifts. The fuel injection system equipped with this speedy hunk allows good oil flow and proper usage of fuel, this in return has helped to improve the fuel efficiency as well in this machine. Lubrication system in the motor is like the heart of every engine and with wet sump you can expect Suzuki GSXR 1000 to deliver out of the box performance. This engine is capable of engineering 160 hp @ 9500 rpm and peak torque of 110 Nm @ 8000 rpm. With this hammering torque the bike displayed better pulling and pushing abilities.

Yamaha R1

Yamaha R1 with the many flattering opinions, this elegant motorcycle has got a 998 cc, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, DOHC engine hidden beneath. This engine from Yamaha is capable of engineering 179 hp at 12500 rpm and 115 Nm at 10,000 rpm. The in line horizontal engine from Yamaha is truly a masterpiece and has aided this bike in a lot many ways to increase its overall performance. Yamaha R1 is the first Super sports bike that has been assembled crossplane crankshaft, now this is what Yamaha intends to prove with its bike. This bike is equipped with Fuel injection system that delivers the fuel very efficiently to the fuel driven power plant. This engine has been mated with 6 speed manual transmission which is coupled to the very responsive wet multi plate slipper clutch. This power plant will deliver off beat capabilities once it is been tested for the extreme pull. Considering the power plant Yamaha has made it to the top in the charts of litre bike segment with its extreme power output and hammering torque.

Fuel Economy

Suzuki GSXR 1000 with its 998 cc displacement power plant delivers healthy fuel efficiency. The fuel injection technology that conveys proper utilization of every singe droplet of fuel has helped to increase the fuel economy of this 4 stroke Suzuki monster. Suzuki GSXR 1000 In India has got a fuel tank capacity of 17.5 litres. Suzuki expertise has put in a lot of efforts to its weight reduction program and this has helped to increase the overall performance of the bike.

Yamaha this time has managed to grab quite healthy efficiency of 14 kmpl with this 1000 cc motor. Yamaha R1 with its DOHC, 4 stroke, 998 cc displacement engine has performed beyond its capabilities like its previous models. This extra ordinary power plant from Yamaha confronts superb performance at the same time delivering healthier fuel efficiency for mileage conscious Indian buyers. Yamaha with its 28 litres of energy drink saving capacity, it won’t disappoint you for long ride cruising as well.
To conclude I would rather say Suzuki GSXR 1000 is a better performer even when you consider fuel efficiency.

Appearenace

Both manufacturers know the importance of styling on Indian grounds and therefore have strained a lot on its looks and appearance. To start with Suzuki I would say dramatic, that is the overall looks starting from the fully faired body to its front masks to its rear tail light, everything has been minutely crafted. This mean machine will surely grab a lot of eyeballs on Indian roads. Indian buyers are very much energized when it comes to Sports bike and with this master piece you can expect you will be the star of the party. The very first glance made me think of the craftsmanship aerodynamics and body designs that were sculptured on Suzuki GSXR 1000. The front fairing that has been neatly crafted with killer graphics makes it appear like high end sporty machine. Aggressive theme gives this bike cut throat macho looks. I was impressed with the GSXR 1000 logo which appeared on the side fairing. The black tinted windshield which was placed on the head of this bike gave a crown type look for this litre king. The two tone colour schemes and black treatments are something that can be unequalled. The digital instrument panel makes with attractive background light gives a futuristic look.

The very first word that comes to my mind when I look on to Yamaha R1 is voguish. Just like the mind bending performance on the track, Yamaha R1 in India has got looks to kill as well. The new Front mask that houses the halogen headlamp with its identical body colours make it more revealing than its previous models. The heavy duty headlamp is even useful from safety point of view. The digital instrument console from Yamaha is definitely worth every penny. The rear half is equipped with neatly crafted titanium mufflers that make this bike a futuristic monster. The swing arm that flaunts extra rigidity and the broad tires are convincing enough. I found out Yamaha R1s colour schemes and colour packages inspiring than Suzuki GSXR 1000. The finely shaped body has packed in a lot of sex appeal and will make you fell in love with her. The lovely aluminum castings used in this bike makes it look more youthful and motivating. The flashy fit and finish of the bike is something with all the black treatments will definitely give you a feel of par excellence. To add on with the sporty look R1s split up seats have even contributed extremely.

The nicely evolved Suzuki GSXR 1000 is the declared winner that gives it an aggressive theme and hearty looks.

Ride Impression, Control and Handling

Suzuki GSXR 1000 in India has created an impact builing Ride Impression on me that is the pulling and pushing abilities of the bike, maneuvering skills, seating position, Comfort etc was up to the mark that Suzuki promises to its buyers.

Suzuki GSXR 1000 . With a wheelbase of 1405 mm you can definitely expect this bike to be a better performer when you have the highway. Controlling was a hell lot easy with its most up-to-date features that are used in this machine. The Show stopper has been extremely enhanced and now Suzuki has assured you of extreme braking abilities. Suzuki GSXR 1000 in India has got twin 310 mm dia disc at the front and at the rear 220 mm, single piston caliper which can help you to withstand every unexpected surprises that comes in your way. Coming to the shocks I explored coil spring with telescopic forks at the front and at the rear spring loaded adjustable which was coupled with oil damped fork. This enhanced suspension has aided this bike with good jolt free ride experience. Indians wavy roads require something punchy and with Suzuki GSXR 1000 you will not be disappointed at all. The roll on speed on top gear that to at a very straight road was fairly noticeable.

Yamaha has worked on the ergonomics and this difference is clearly understood by the very fist ride experience. The experience I shared with Yamaha R1 2011 was nonetheless better than that of R1 2008. Yamaha R1 with finely crafted fuel tank gives all the required knee recess that delivers better seating posture for tall riders as well. The low clip-ons on Yamaha R1 can be a fatigue over the time for long distance cruising. Considering the fact this bike is not a cruising sports bike but it’s beyond that. Yamaha R1 is bit sluggish entering the corner but it excels in holding the thin line on the road. This long wheelbase bike from Yamaha is pondering in every sense, with a power packed engine and upgrades in the body and auto parts. Yamaha R1 lacks the agility which is needed for extreme turning but Suzuki has got this feature as well. Extreme acceleration on higher rpms will not respond that accurately as Suzuki does. Every time you take Yamaha R1 on a ride you may positively feel this is the bike with which you can explore your passion for speed. Yamaha R1 drivetrian is the best card from Yamaha apart from its look. Yamaha this time with its latest 2011 model R1 has stunned me in every sense but fearless to say nothing can beat the Suzuki monster.

Suzuki GSXR 1000 performs exceedingly better than the old maturing hunk of Yamaha. I experienced a fun exhilarating character on Suzuki GSXR 1000 but what I shared with Yamaha R1 was even exceptional. I would rather say when it comes to performance there is a thin line difference on both the models.

Final Verdict:

Suzuki GSXR 1000 is something that can turn you from a dud to stud but to ride Yamaha R1 you already have to be a stud. Performance at its best can be attained with Suzuki GSXR 1000.

Pricing

Yamaha R1 price in India is rupees 10,50,000 rupees while the Suzuki GSXR 1000 price in India is rupees 12,75,000. Yamaha R1 has been competitively priced and this will acquire it a huge consumer base in India when pricing factor is concerned