Worst over, 2 from Dubai call up family

chief

Prime VIP
PATTI/KHEMKARAN:

This has given me a new ray of hope. I've promised my daughters that he will be back soon: Parminder Kaur, wife of Kashmir Singh

Two of the 17 youth facing death penalty in the UAE on murder charges, Kashmir Singh of Ratoke village near Khemkaran and Sukhjinder Singh (23) of Patti, called up their family members back home on Thursday, expressing hope that they could soon be released.
Talking to Hindustan Times, Sukhjinder's mother Jasbir Kaur said her son's innocence would be proved one day. “The jail authorities have allowed him to talk to us for 15 minutes once a week. He usually calls us on Wednesdays, but since he was busy with a hearing, he called up on Thursday afternoon,“ she said.

Sukhjinder's brother Manjit, who had gone to the UAE to meet him, said the family was indebted to S.P. Oswal for going out of the way to help the 17 detainees.

“He is even paying for Sukhjinder's phone calls,“ said Manjit. The UAE police had arrested Sukhjinder's uncle Ravinder Singh, but he was released after interrogation.

Kashmir Singh's wife Parminder Kaur said her husband told her over the phone that the witness had refused to identify any of the detainees.

“This has given me a new ray of hope. My daughters are missing their father terribly and I have promised them that he would soon be back with us,“ she said.

The families of the two youth exchanged information about the latest developments in the case.