World's weirdest X-rays

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ

xraycutlery_1681769i-1.jpg

From broken bones to disease the X-Ray is one of the most useful medical advancements in history. But as these images show they can also reveal some of the most gruesome and bizarre results. Here, an X-ray shows the abdomen of a patient that has swallowed two forks, a ballpoint pen and a toothbrush. The items are located in the intestine

xraynail_1681739i-1.jpg

The comical yet disturbing results are taken from hospitals around the world and show how accidents come in all shapes and sizes. This X-ray shows a nail (upper centre) lodged in bones of the index and middle fingers of an adult male, having penetrated through the skin

xrayfootbullet_1681767i-1.jpg

A historical X-ray of the foot of a Boer War (1899-1902) soldier, showing a gunshot wound. A Mauser bullet has become lodged between the metatarsal bones of the big and second toes. The bullet has not broken any bones; but the end phalanges of the toes are deformed, perhaps from tight army boots and long marches. This radiograph was made by the soldier positioning his foot above a photographic plate, while an open electric discharge tube emitted the X-rays

xraykey_1681741i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray of a key (outlined in red, top right) swallowed by a 7-year-old boy

xrayspoon_1681779i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray of objects swallowed and lodged in the intestine of a patient, including a spoon and a blade

xraysafetypin_1681778i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray of an object (safety pin) lodged in the oesophagus of a woman

xraycoin_1681772i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray (front view) of the chest of a 60-year-old patient with schizophrenia, showing a foreign body (24mm diameter) inhaled into an airway (bronchus) of the lung

xrayfork_1681740i-1.jpg

An X-ray of the foot of a patient who stood on a fork

xrayrazor_1681738i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray of the abdomen of a patient with dementia that has swallowed a razor (centre left) and razor blades (upper right)

xrayfork2_1681764i-1.jpg

Another patient who stood on a fork

xrayblade_1681765i-1.jpg

A coloured X-ray of a knife (upper right) in the chest cavity

xraybullet2_1681768i-1.jpg

An X-ray of a bullet (conical object at centre left) embedded in the chest of a patient

xraychest_1681770i-1.jpg

An X-ray showing a toothbrush that was swallowed as a 'dare'