Windows XP's deadline is near i.e. June 2008(may extend.).................

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Windows XP's deadline is near i.e. June 2008(may extend.)

what does it mean? *will MS stop the support for it? *it will be free for use , no license required or original copy(no crackin etc.). *Its end is near? The following is a discussion embedded from forums,which revolve around our topic, by reading these you will get the answer to some extent.:- 1They wont be releasing Updates for it. And neither will they be making more copies for it for sale. 2so we can use it freely? 3Support for SP2 will last till April 14 2009.

As per Microsoft's posted timetable, the company will stop general licensing of Windows XP to OEMs and terminate retail sales of the operating system on June 30, 2008, 17 months after the release of Windows Vista.-wikipedia
So basically Microsoft will be shoving Vista down unwilling ppl's throats. Especially since most techies who prefer reliability and compatibility to "bells and whistles" still would like to stick to XP, they are "CREATING" a market by forcing everyone to migrate. The world's biggest douche bags.

On April 14, 2009, Windows XP will begin its "Extended Support" period that will last for 5 years until April 8, 2014.

Aint we lucky MS found it in their hearts to support us till 2014. How sweet!!4so they are indirectly telling us that... Vista was supposed to release on April 14th 2009? don't think people other than PC non-abusers who use ONLY vista as their OS.. I enjoy daily surfing and stuffs using Vista and when it comes to DOING stuff, I go to XP. A Little bit of this A little Bit of That I say

MAVERICK

1. True..but that will happen prominently after 2014.
2. False...coz its still under a copyright from microsoft.
3. True...full support till 09
4. Yup

I enjoy daily surfing and stuffs using Vista and when it comes to DOING stuff, I go to XP.

Ditto!!