why punjabi women won't wear "kara"

s0nny

full_taur said:
Good hai Bai... mila fir hath.. ah dekh bai.. mein vi tere naal da hi haan.. i also wear kada, dastar.. full sikhi swaroop..and u r right ki Tv ne demaag khrb kita hoya.. khair yaar is tarah sochiya kar ki jehre bande inne weak ne ki Tv dekh ke ya hora de lad lag ke baal katvayunde ne, Sikhi nu unna di lod nai Bai...Sikh has to be strong and fior tere mere varga duniya de jehde marji kone vich hon, Dastaar'an fakar naal sajayunge...Proud to be a sikh..

22 g its gud tusi pagg ta kada paunda ho, par 22 tv ta gussa kyo. there r lot bad things then tv, banda ghara tah aa. 22 ma cut-serd aa but still i wear pagg. 22 tu ta pagg ta kada he paya ha, kadha milli tenu 5K walla nihang ke kuj karda aa dekhva ga.

full_taur

s0nny said:
22 g its gud tusi pagg ta kada paunda ho, par 22 tv ta gussa kyo. there r lot bad things then tv, banda ghara tah aa. 22 ma cut-serd aa but still i wear pagg. 22 tu ta pagg ta kada he paya ha, kadha milli tenu 5K walla nihang ke kuj karda aa dekhva ga.

Bai ji.. TV te koi gussa ni.. i also watch TV and lots of it. All we are saying is that TV does have it effects and everyone think western culture and what they promote on TV is good.Tv vich koi kharabi nai, na hi Tv dekhan vich but we are talking about persons who watch TV and change themselves according to what is shown on TV.

and Bai tu kadhi mainu milli, I will show you guys who are top professionals in Sydney and they get about 5 Million as there annual salary (being doctors) and out of 5 million they give 2.5 million as charity and they are all Gursikhs and jehre har time Waheguru nu dhyaunde ne... I consider them as SIKHS and i would like to watch and get inspiration from them rather then Nihang who do this & that or members of SGPC who does this & that....

Mitra, apne to upaar vaaleyan nu dekhida hai, naki thalle vaaliyan nu..If you are going on road, and if Mercdes E230AMG passes by, you will look at it and if a person on cycle goes by, you wouldnt even notice.... So i also look at Mercedes (True sikhs) rather then peeps on cycle (whcih are ur nihangs doing certain things...)

lordofsinghs

An Official Slayer!!!
main taan socheya hi nahi c k mere sare frnds de vichaar ene uche te suche honge... and u know this is y i am proud to be a sikh...
main v ik gal note kiti hai... ajj kal bahut munde ne jo sikhi ton dur hunde jande ne te eh ginti na hi control hundi hai na rukdi hai , na ghatdi hai sago wadi jandi hai....
main eh sare mundeyan ton eho puchana chaunda k Sarbansdani SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH G ne sikhan nu 5 kakkars dite c... ehnan vicho 4 kakkar taan laa dite jande ne te sirf kada hi paeya hunda... hun puchan wali gal eh hai k kada v kyu nahi laeya janda.. mere khyal naal eh sirf shoshe baji layi paeya hunda coz eh paeya sohna v lagda te loki is nu ik taran da fashion mann k chalde ne ...
baaki tusi saare aap seaane ho..

s0nny

22 sachi gal kada nu kakkar samaj ka nahi fashion di ik cheez samaj ka paya janda aa. Eh ekela kudia ta he nahi mundia ta vi gal lagdi aa.

full_taur

lordofsinghs said:
main taan socheya hi nahi c k mere sare frnds de vichaar ene uche te suche honge... and u know this is y i am proud to be a sikh...
main v ik gal note kiti hai... ajj kal bahut munde ne jo sikhi ton dur hunde jande ne te eh ginti na hi control hundi hai na rukdi hai , na ghatdi hai sago wadi jandi hai....
main eh sare mundeyan ton eho puchana chaunda k Sarbansdani SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH G ne sikhan nu 5 kakkars dite c... ehnan vicho 4 kakkar taan laa dite jande ne te sirf kada hi paeya hunda... hun puchan wali gal eh hai k kada v kyu nahi laeya janda.. mere khyal naal eh sirf shoshe baji layi paeya hunda coz eh paeya sohna v lagda te loki is nu ik taran da fashion mann k chalde ne ...
baaki tusi saare aap seaane ho..

Exactly.. u r jmaa right veer...aah Kada koi fashion vaaste nai hai ya koi pehchaan vaaste.. Singh jithe jaanda, pehchaniya jaanda... and i ahve seen people sayijg ki they are sikhs as they are wearing Kada...

yaar and to be honest, few people dnt even know ki Kada paya kyu jaanda hai.. reason ki hai. Why do we wear kada and kada pauna kyu Kakkar manaya gaya hai....

thats what i meant thwn i earlier said ki jisnu jo changa lagda hai, uh us tarah kr lainda hai.. koi sikhi vicho kuch chak lainda hai and then say he dont do others and koi kuch chal lainda hai....

J@tti

..Majajan..
full_taur said:
thats what i meant thwn i earlier said ki jisnu jo changa lagda hai, uh us tarah kr lainda hai.. koi sikhi vicho kuch chak lainda hai and then say he dont do others and koi kuch chal lainda hai....

If you are pointing at me, then just to let you know I do know kara kyu paya janda. It's purpose is to remind you the value of truth and keep you from committing a crime, since most of the crimes are done by hands. Again, the main motive is to refrain Sikhs from commiting a crime, and if you miss that there's no point of wearing a kara. To me, it's reasoning behind things that has always been important, and it always will be.

full_taur

J@tti said:
If you are pointing at me, then just to let you know I do know kara kyu paya janda. It's purpose is to remind you the value of truth and keep you from committing a crime, since most of the crimes are done by hands. Again, the main motive is to refrain Sikhs from commiting a crime, and if you miss that there's no point of wearing a kara. To me, it's reasoning behind things that has always been important, and it always will be.

yaar when did i said something about u... cmon !! aiven hee!! I didnt said a thing... All the things i said were in general...

aah crime aali gal da te mainu inni pata nai see. Thanks for that..

And purpose of Kada is also equality and being humble..
Equality is karke as Hindus use to wear Rakhi which means that Brothers will take care of sisters, whcih somehow shows supremacy of males in society.. So Guru ji said that girls shuld be self dependent and why do they need protection from males.. is karke we wear KADA..The Guru's idea of making his female followers brave, fearless and courageous was demonstrated by several Sikh women. Mai Bhago, Dharam Kaur and Sahib Kaur were some of those, who not only fought shoulder to shoulder with their brothers, but also commanded the Sikh platoons. The Kara thus led to a great awakening in Society and boosted the morale of Sikh men and especially women, who no longer remained weak (Abla) but became as brave as lions (Singh).

Being humble as in... We could wear kada made of Sona or diamond or platinum ( and dnt tell me ki unna din vich gold nai see hundi), so kada of iron as its a cheapest metal and it shows how humble u r...As it is made of iron, it depicts strength; and it is the lowest and cheapest metal,
therefore depicts Humility and thats how a Sikh should be...
A true Sikh wearing a bangle will keep in his mind that all human beings are equal inn God's court..

And i dont intend to or dont want to point at anyone. All i think i said earlier or said now are general and these are my views and everyone is free to have his or her own views...

Sarbat Da Bhala..