Why priorities have changed for Imran?

jassmehra

(---: JaSs MeHrA :---)
imran20-1.jpg

The birth of daughter Imara has brought a lot of positive changes in Imran Khan's life and the actor says he is constantly looking at him through her eyes.

Imran will be finally back on the big screen with "Katti Batti" after a gap of two years. He took a break to be with his wife Avantika during her pregnancy, something that the actor had always planned to do.

"Strange things have happened after Imara's birth. My priorities have become easier in life. I can easily decide whether I want to do something or not because that will take me away from Imara. So, it should be worth it," Imran told PTI in an interview.

The proud father says he has also become aware of not letting his daughter down ever.

"I have started to look at myself through her eyes. I need to live my life in a certain way now. I have to hold myself to certain standards because I want her to be proud of me. So, whatever choices I make in my life, I should be able to justify it to her," said the actor.

Imran, 32, started his Bollywood journey with "Jaane Tu Yaa Jaane Naa" and went on to star in movies like "Luck", "I Hate Luv Storys", "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", "Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobaara" and "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein".

His last few films did not work at the box office but the actor says more than the collection of his movies, he is concerned about his experience while working on a particular project.

"It is clear now what I don't want to do. You can't predict the fate of a film but I don't want to be a part of something that makes me unhappy.

imranavantika23-1.jpg

"Both 'Once Upon a Time' and 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' did not do well at the box office but I was not happy while making 'Once Upon'. So, my one year was just lost. I can never get it back but working on 'Gori Tere' was great fun. I was happy so I don't regret doing that movie."

Imran is glad with the way his latest "Katti Batti" has shaped up. The Nikhil Advani-directed movie allowed him to play a non-heroic character, a space he likes to be in.

"I have never been attracted to heroic characters, they don't excite me. People should relate to my part. I find that more interesting," said Imran.

The actor said another thing that drew him to the movie was the fact that it depicted relationships in an honest way.

"Most of the love stories end at happily-ever-after but our film starts from that point. It starts from the break-up.

It gives a very realistic and honest look at relationships which means we are showing the ugly part."

"Katti Batti" also stars Kangana Ranaut and will release on September 18.