Why do music artists still make music about drugs ?

Piccolo

Elite
I think DESI kaum need less drug addicts and less people promoting and drinking alcohol.

I was listening to the new Jasmine Sandlas song and i thought, why is this still a thing? Song is called Sip Sip.

We all hate hang overs and reality hits hard when the music and drugs are stopped.

It is pretty sad that these music artists still promote such vulgar.

ps: we are all sinners and no human is perfect ..

what do you think ? do people just want to have fun ? or have i become a baba ?

:int

Piccolo

Elite
Drugs, Gangsters and Billo
hor koi topic hi heni
:cadmin
you must be bored ....

i think it is about self control . people should not be influenced by music.

also, i think it is in our blood to be violent.

now, where are these beautiful women you speak of ? :ttw

DBF

Mad
its both
"i think it is about self control"
young gen knows ghanta about self or control of self

floor913

It's because not all drugs are bad. Example: Canada have marijuana legalized.

They knew chasing drug users is just waste of time, why not rehabilitate them instead of putting them in prison.

Have you ever heard of people dying from marijuana? LSD? Magic mushrooms?
No.

What about smoking, how many people die from smoking every year. No one complains about smoking.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Advertising , promoting tobacco in main stream media and sports is banned.

Same should apply to drugs promotion in regional music.

Saitama

I think people hearing songs with such lyrics are those
1. not highly educated in pind,etc. - all labor class where all in their mind is meeting ends meet and they want their 2-3 pegs each evening and don't mind listening to such songs - maybe only regional songs with such lyrics while they've never heard of 80-90's UK Music and won't even understand even if you try to make them
2. educated who think its all ok (drugs, alcohol) with party-sharty all the time
3. who don't understand the lyrics - I've met many who say don't care about the lyrics as long as music is good (For such people putting in good lyrics with same good music won't affect that much i guess)
I maybe wrong but its just what I think

And artists produce coz it SELLS, as long as it sells they will produce. Diljit once said in interview response for Fan Bhagat Singh Da was very bad compared to all his other bhangra songs. Artists have no choice - they have to make money somehow. BUT if you see tweets of UK artists like Tigerstyle, Ravi Bal, GV - they've all decided against bad lyrics in their songs. Only UK artists can change industry coz Indian artists only see paisa in front of them. GV - Starve the Ego was nice initiative in this direction, it wasn't the best music wise but very imp lyrics wise

I don't know what the solution is to this but banning won't be possible coz most of the replies would be how would we have fun then. I think public pressure for good lyrics can change the scenario (a bit) instead of forcing artists. Social media is quite powerful if you wana use it - start tweeting artists for change in lyrics. Can't guarantee immediate change but its something.

IF YOU LOOK AT TWEETS OF UK ARTISTS, THEY KEEP DISCUSSING THE SAME ISSUES AND ARE AWARE. ALSO THEY'RE BIT IN A RUT AS TO HOW TO COMPETE WITH INDIAN MUSIC SCENE. THEY KEEP DISCUSSING OF SOMETHING INNOVATIVE LIKE HOW THE RAGGAE VIBES CHANGED THE PUNJABI MUSIC SCENE IN 90'S (check out most recent Manni Sandhu interview with Bobby Friction). ALSO WHAT I'VE NOTICED IS ENGAGEMENT WITH THESE ARTISTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA IS SO LOW (LIKE 1 OR 2 COMMENTS TO THEIR MENTIONS) BY FANS/PEOPLE LIKE US - SO START ENGAGING (ITS JUST A SUGGESTION) AND JUST THINK ALL YOUR UK PUNJABI ARTISTS (whom you like) WITH 50-100 COMMENTS ENGAGEMENT WHICH RAISES THE OVERALL PERCEPTION OF THE WHOLE UK PUNJABI SCENE (I'VE JUST MENTIONED UK ARTISTS/SCENE COZ THAT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTED)

Having said this, there's also increase in people for good lyrics and I think credit goes to Coke Studio, Nescafe Basement style setups in other side of Punjab. The music output is simply amazing with clean traditional lyrics and music. Leme give you example, my non-punjabi friends say they wana hear coke studio each time we chill and hangout - they don't understand lyrics but say they love the clean music and traditional lyrics. Traditional punjabi lyrics has it's own charm - even non-punjabis like it.
So there's still hope I guess. Let's see.
You know I always think of there being a band that starts creating music like 80-90's, putting themselves in their shoes with similar live band setup and also consulting those artists for tips. This can only be done by people who do this as a hobby and not in it to make money.

Sorry for the long para but had to get all my thoughts out...