what would you do to promote SIKHISM

neil

W@TNO DOOR
it is fair bit that you respect GOD, but mainly you were taught to respect elders.
how good our society was that that time, coz everyone was following what was taught. now we are trying to mix ourselves with all other races. (mind it. i am not trying to be racist in any way).
what are we getting in result.
you all knw it fellas.

J@tti said:
I never said respecting was bad. But to let you know, in our religion women and men are asked to cover their heads because it's a sign of respect for God. That's exactly why you cover your head when you go to a Gurudwara. And since God is everywhere, it is said that head should be covered all the time. It's a point of view and I 've nothing against it but for me respect should be shown in thoughts. Same applies to your 'correction', respect should come from within for elders as well.

J@tti

..Majajan..
neil said:
you respect GOD, right from the inner core,
why do you cover your head when u go to GURUDWARA SAHIB
?
Every religious place has it's rule that everyone must follow when they go there. When I choose to go their, I must follow it as well, and that's exactly why I cover my head when I go to a gurudwara.

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
neil said:
i still cry, when i think about OPERATION BLUE STAR, but if we talk about that, we will be taking this discussion to a totally different level.

so i should refrain from discussing it.
main vi kuj likhan laggi si es baare par fer offtopic ho jaana si, plus its one topic that makes the discussion poltical and anti-hindu and i dont want neither of these 2 when we talk abt sikhism

neil

W@TNO DOOR
i agree,
jadon jadon SIKHI te bhaar piya kise na kise MAHAPURSH ne hathyar chakke aa,
kahde layee, sirf SIKHI bachaun layee,

Angel_Eyes said:
I totally agree, par jad kise kaum, dharm te esictance de vajood di gall hundi hai ta shayad kauma nu kade kade kuj force karna painda hai, jaroori nahi hai ki o galla galat hi hon, kayi vaar aam janta chungiya galla nu vi nahi samjhdi........kade kade dar te force vi long run ch kamm de jande hann........haan as u said samjh ke follow karna chaida hai, te kuj lok gall samjh ke follow kar lainde han, te jinna di samjh aini nahi hundi, soch di ghaat hundi hai je o dar ke ya forcefully vi follow kar lain ta akheer ch bhala ohna da hi hunda hai

J@tti

..Majajan..
neil said:
it is fair bit that you respect GOD, but mainly you were taught to respect elders.
how good our society was that that time, coz everyone was following what was taught. now we are trying to mix ourselves with all other races. (mind it. i am not trying to be racist in any way).
what are we getting in result.
you all knw it fellas.

they lived their life a/c to what they were forced to follow... they did not live their life according to their will.. what kind of life is that? Freedom of thought is everyones right.. and who are others to decide what I or anyone else should follow or do?

neil

W@TNO DOOR
so its just coz of the RULE,

chotiye bhaine,

give it another thought and being elder to you, its just a piece of advice, dont say it again that you cover in your head in GURUDWARA SAHIB coz its just a rule there.

J@tti said:
Every religious place has it's rule that everyone must follow when they go there. When I choose to go their, I must follow it as well, and that's exactly why I cover my head when I go to a gurudwara.

J@tti

..Majajan..
neil said:
so its just coz of the RULE,

chotiye bhaine,

give it another thought and being elder to you, its just a piece of advice, dont say it again that you cover in your head in GURUDWARA SAHIB coz its just a rule there.

I believe in God and I respect my religion, but I don't think if a person chooses to not cover his head that means he/she respects God any less.

Some1

Focusing on ________
and puleez u guys have deviated a lot from discussing da topic

dont mix up ue beliefs nd other arguments nd discussiond :re

WHAT can We do to make Sikhism more known and accepted ?

Some1

Focusing on ________
J@tti said:
I believe in God and I respect my religion, but I don't think if a person chooses to not cover his head that means he/she respects God any less.

:y i agree wid u 100% :y :y :y :y :y

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
dekho kuj galla personal hann, i agree har banda apne apne tareeke naal sochda hai, ser dhakna, vaal katvanune............asi aap khud kinni ku rehat rakhde haan, par ehna sab to jaada jaroori hai sikhi di hond......kite o na khatam ho jaave, seriously kinne ku jaanya nu apni history pata hai, hun usch ta koi personal nahi hai na kuj vi te na kuj forced hai, its just history.......being sikhs how many of us actually know it?......te aun vaali generation nu kinna ku pata, kinne bache ne jehre gurdware jaake kuj sikh ke aunde hann, bahle ta khel-kudd ke aa jande ne, te kinne nu asi haan jinna de kann othe keertan karde bhayi ji de shabad sunde hann, jo katha hundi hai usto ki sikh ke aunde haan, kuriya da ta main dekhya ik-dooje de suit hi dekhdiya rehndiya te bahle munde bahr kharke kuriya check out karde ne (sareya baare nahi keh rahi), te gurdwareya diya commetties di apni larayi hundi hai paise piche, leadry piche............there are manu serious issues out there......i dunno promote karan layi kuj kar sakdi haan ja nahi, par haan my dad's got a voice out there and i keep giving him young ideas to put them out there, so people know how we as a new generation think..........

neil

W@TNO DOOR
its not the first time you are saying it

so i aint looking for any aplogies at the end,

i am and i love it

no offence..........:baby
jaY said:
neilio u r a hardcore rules obsessing male chauvinist.

no offense ... my observation.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

neil

W@TNO DOOR
dont be vegabond.
i dare you to walk in any of GURUDWARA SAHIB without covering your head. i will do whatever you would like,
ah jehde thore bahut strictness bachee aa apne religion wich, pls dont try to take it away,
we already have modified the rules and teachings hell lot to suite us.

pls.

now dont tell me that you would like people to go infront of GURU GRANTH SAHIB without covering your head,

what we will teach the NRI kids, who dont have a clue what SIKHISM is?

I STARTED THIS DISCUSSION AS I HAVE A FEW COUSINS WHO ARE SCARED OF GOING TO GURUDWARA SAHIB.

we cant tell them that you can keep your respect for GOD in your innerself and do whatever u want.

J@tti said:

neil

W@TNO DOOR
bai jee, saade sabh ton jyada je koi sikhi de nede aa tun aa veer,

your thoughts will be quite valueable to all of us.

pls.

full_taur said:
Should i step in here... :yes:yes:yes:yes

neil

W@TNO DOOR
keep your views coming and but i will be taking a leave, gotta work tomorrow morning

gnight fellas

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
kee sikh banan dee defination sirf bahari savroop hee hai?

i think is nalo jiada imp ih hai kee saadia moral values kee han

saanoo apne action is tara de banoune chiede han kee saanoo kise noo apne relgion vaare force naa karana pave .
baaki saadia action ton hee inna impresed ho jaa ke follow karan
kee ih banda inna suljhia hoyia must be waddiya teaching honia is de relgion ch.

appa saaare bahari savroop val ina dhyan dinde per basic cheeza noo vaad ch

for eg
vegetrain.....( hun aapa noo ih te pata hee hai kee saade ch kinne jane han)
sarbat da bhala soachana
kisse noo hurt nahi karana
dasa nooha dee kamie karani
list goes on..........................................

bhul chuk hove ter muaaaf karni:pr

Some1

Focusing on ________
neil said:
its not the first time you are saying it

so i aint looking for any aplogies at the end,

i am and i love it

no offence..........:baby

:dts :dts i've juss become mean i think :mean :mean :mean :mean :mean

:an :an :an :an