What is wrong with the music industry?

Piccolo

Elite
This question is for open minded people. In your mind, what do you think is wrong with the music industry?

I personally feel like lot of the songs sometimes can sound the same.

I think the whole gangster approach is not that great but i understand the appeal hence the support. it is good business.

too much promotion of drugs and not enough realistic messages.

I also hate the fact that old record companies are not releasing enough Boxsets or collection sets of their old artists.

Goku

Prime VIP
Staff member
Music Wise te Lyrics wise kuchh vi vdiya ni aa reha

yaa koi nasheya te gaane kadhda tr yaa koi golliyan te , one thing i don't like in punjabi music that is 'Jananiyan Type' songs lol , i mean munde vi poori feelings walle gaane kadh rahe :p And music vi hrek da almost same

Kuchh vi aa par Koi vi old singers , legends , old music composers di rees ni kar sakda , kall de aaye jwaak bhavien jinna marzi gandh paayi jaann

DBF

Mad
deep jandu's copying talent https://www.facebook.com/ZwirekBeats/posts/1509387059126699

Ted

VIP
topic haini gaane thode chir change lagde baadch ohi pedh chal fadi hoyi aa.. faltu gaane baade aa rahe ne 1 pathar te das das da singer bethe hoye aa

#MN

Music_Pirate
Je ajj aa haal aa, 4~5 saal tak ki banu
Har cheez da time hunda
May be ikk din aau aam janta saadgi aale songs vall nu jau

Saitama

My 2 bits:
Punjabi music has really gone mainstream now compared to what it was in 80-90's and is increasing. Anything popular and people wana flock to it to grab a slice of fame and fortune, so its obvious there'll be kachra too in there. Thing is now we have to put in some efforts to filter out what we want to hear. Just for better understanding comparing to English music industry (not scale wise ofcourse) where I have to put in some efforts to search what genre I really like and artists and if he/she/they have released anything. I might not even like all songs in Billboard top 100 or lists like these or max some very few songs.
I totally agree with all of you above of better lyrics (I call them 2 minute lyrics) and there maybe concern of ratio of bad to good songs increasing but albums like Danger Zone by Danger Dhami is like a sliver of hope. I do agree artists in 80-90 had more innovation (maybe reason being nothing was set for them and had to create everything). Also most of the songs then had some aspect of melody to it (for e.g. Tutak Tutiyan and its easily recognisable its that song), which is not found in MOST of today's songs - maybe it was the live band thing, don't know
Plus I think Bollywood style Punjabi songs or covers of Punjabi music has ruined a lot - Non-punjabis think Tutak Tutiya cover is what the real song is and that is what is streamed and viewed.
Also I liked Kami K's Yesterday bringing his style of music. I don't know what's happened to Dr Zeus - songs are so repetitive! Unda Da Influence was such a sick album!