What is a defination of sikh?

interessssssssssssssssssssssssting........mainu hun neend bot aayi jaandi.....ill be back.........bulleshah ji tuhade sare bhulekhe door kadhne aa

pps309

Prime VIP
First thing first...

...Many Sikh writings and Sikhs themselves claim that the Sikhs were almost solely responsible for the virtual defeat of the Mughal Empire in India by the mid-18th century. They then go on to make claims like "if it wasn't for our Gurus all you Hindus would have been converted to Islam". That is a joke, a myth that seriously needs exposing. To say that the Hindu religion, which has existed for thousands of years and commands a following of 900 million today was saved from extermination by the Sikhs is a travesty of the truth. Also the Sikh contribution and sacrifices for the defeat of the Mughal forces, which we do not wish to denigrate, was in effect quite marginal compared to the military victories of several other Hindu groups, particularly the Marathas. The lasting Sikh victories only took place and were only possible after the Marathas had already broken the back of the Moghul Empire.

Virtually every inch of India was liberated from the Muslims before the British began their diplomatic take over of India, and the Punjab and some of the surrounding areas, where the Sikhs mainly fought was a relatively small portion of the land. Some areas in India, such as Assam, were never conquered throughout the entire thousand years of Islamic assaults, despite many invasion attempts. Most of India was liberated by the great Marathas and other Hindu militias. Not to speak of the Maratha's having rebuilt the Hari-Mandir as it stands today. (READ)

But this is also problem with the Hindu's. ‘You have been our defenders’, Hindus tell the Sikhs. But in the present psychology, the compliment wins only contempt-and I believe rightly. For self-despisement is the surest way of losing a friend or even a brother. It also gives the Sikhs a sense of exaggerated self-assessment.

Besides contributing towards checking the Mughal's, the Maratha's have also contributed towards the Spiritual aspect of Sikhism. It's a commonly held notion among many Sikh that Guru Nanak was the first to talk sense. There were many before before Him. Gautama Siddhartha Buddha for one. In the 'Shri Guru-Granth-Ji' itself, Thinkers who arrived long before Guru Nanak have made immense contribution. Another Maratha 'Sant Namdev ( 1270 to 1350 )' was one such great thinker who contribute Six Hymns in the Guru-Granth-Ji. A celebrated saint from Maharashtra, Namdev travelled extensively across the country. His hymns we get to read in the Guru-Granth-Ji are the punjabi translations of his works he wrote before Guru Nanak was even born. The other great thinker was Kabir. And there were many like Namdev and Kabir.

London-Toronto based Neo-Sikh believe that Nanak was the first to talk sense only because they have been told that every thing in the Guru-Granth-Ji is a direct revelation to Nanak from God Almighty itself. Nanak had emphasized that his ideas and philosophy was merely a discovery about a reality that had always been there. He was not bringing any new covenants from any God. The history of Nanak or the way he looked is not necessary for Nanaks principles to work. In fact, Nanak stated that he was neither the first nor the last person to have achieved the state of enlightenment. He also asserted that he was not God nor sent by any God as a prophet, and whatever he discovered was available to every human to discover for himself.

Sikhism means following ones own feet and searching for ones own truth instead of being just a parrot prompted by other parrots. And I'm sure Nanak, Buddha, Krishna would approve. The Neo-Sikh and the Khalistanis can continue to believe that a Sikh is distinct from a Hindu but I know that they believe so, not because they are a separate religion but because they want to be.

Whether you admit it or not thats the Truth.

Sikh literally means student. Sardar means the one who is ready to lay down his head. The concept of Sikhism did not come in picture till the 10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji - Now, isn't Gobind(Gau da Bind) same as Krishna(Govind)? - Sikhism was a way of life, the way of pure, the way of Khalsa. The great Guru wanted warriors who were saints, who would protect the weak and helpless from Mughal atrocities. I cannot over-stress the point but Sikhism never came up as a religion but as a way of the warrior against injustice on not only "Sikhs"(which were not there at the time) but everybody. The warriors of justice and peace against tyranny. And as it happens after death of great masters, it became yet another religion, anachronous and stuck in time.

Thanks.

Jo MARJI KEH LA 22...........

NAA MAIN HINDU NAA MAIN MUSLAMAN...........I AM A SIKH......GURU KA SIKH.

Patthar pujne sanu nahi sikhaye kisse ne,
saanu nahi sikhaya kisse ne mandir ch bhed bhav,
guru ghar de sevak banan lai nahi dekhi jaandi koi jaat,
jag ch nyari sadi sardari, khoon dol ke mili saanu aa daat.

jor jabar naal na koi Janju de tikke paen ditte,
na hi hor jabar naal janju de tikke laen ditte.
apne dharam lai ta ditte-liite kinnya ne pran,
Wah oye Teg Bahadur tu hoya insaniyat lai kurban.

majlooma kamjora di aa hamesha rakhya kitti,
kadde nahi dekhya ke oh hindu ya muslmaan,
KAIM RAhugi jag te Gobind teri Sikhi,
Jisne kitta apna sab kuch Kurbaan.

Itihas nu koi badal nahi sakda,
Rahega hamesa Sikhi da Jhanda Jhulda

DEG TEG FATEH, WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

pps309

Prime VIP
please read "nyari"as "vakhri" in first stanza of poetry.

Deg Teg Fateh, Panth ki Jeet

Bhul chuk galti maaf karyo......i am not good in compiling poetry or somethings like that. It is just emotions that came out.

MitaAnarkali

Punjabi Kuri
To Me a Sikh is one who guides other when they cannot see right, one who helps others in times of need even though no one is there to help you, one who believes in right despite what others think. Being Sikh, I have found so many meanings in shabads its unbelievable how all of them have helped me. A Sikh is like all other beings in this world, the only difference is our religion but we are all blessed to do something meaningful in this world and the True Guru is always with us in every step to teach us

Ramta

pps309,

‘From Hindus and Muslims have I broken free’, said Arjan Dev Ji.
'Na main Hindu, Na Musallman', said Guru Nanak.

These sentences are a superficial ex-pression of Sikh separateness and are not as straightforward as separate-religion-theorists might wish. No Sikh Guru was ever a Muslim, ergo the half-sentence: “Of Muslims have I broken free”, does not mean that he abandoned Islam. Therefore, the other half need not be construed as a repudiation of Hinduism either. Rather, it may be read as repudiating the whole “identity” business including the division of mankind into Hindu and Muslim categories, on the Upanishadic ground that the Self is beyond these superficial trappings (the Self being neti neti, “not this, not that”)-but that is a typically and decidedly Hindu position.

Likewise, another verse of the same poem, “I will not pray to idols nor say the Muslim prayer”, is more anti-Islamic than anti-Hindu: it rejects a duty binding every single Muslim (prayer) and a practice common among Hindus (idol-worship) but by no means obligatory. The Arya Samaaji's don't worship idols yet are Hindu's.

'BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [SHIVA] the three demigods were created [by God].
He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it’s worship.
Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.
He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God’s command...'
‘Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Raag Malaar, Pa.1279

‘He is a true Pundit [Brahmin] who awakens his mind.
And searches for the Naam [ineffable name of] RAAM [God] in himself.
From the teachings of such a Pundit all beings find [spiritual] life.
He transplants the story of Har in their hearts.
Such a Pundit then never again is born.
He appreciates the fundamental truth [God] of the VEDAS, PURAANAS and SIMIRITIA [Hindu religious texts].
He appreciates the subtle/sublime within the great expanse [World].
He instructs the four castes [without discrimination].
Such a Pundit say’s Nanak I always salute.'
’Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Sukhmani Sahib, Pa.274-275

Ek Om Kar, was already there in the Vedas - Hindu text, it is still there today.
Ek = single OM = supreme-being KAR = sound.
Guru Nanak merely emphasised that particular path. Ek Om Kar is originally a Hindu concept.

Many Sikh say 'ONKAR'. What does 'ON' mean ??

Thanks

Ramta

jattpunjabi,

I wrote : " I believe a Sikh is a Hindu."
You wrote : " u r wrong................. "

Tell you what ?? If you are a jatt you certainly are a Hindu.
There is no such thing as a Sikh jatt.

Though trawling through some Sikh sites one comes across some appalling views on History and terrible racist material Sikh youth in the west are exposed to.

Here is a site known as *snipped*.com which claims to speak for Sikh Jats. DON'T FORGET TO NOTE that they have a Muslim Jat section but nothing for Hindu Jats ( despite Hindus being the majority religion amongst Jats or perhaps Hindu Jats have stopped following the caste-system!! )

Anyway - Happy Viewing - *external link*

Thanks

sukhi89

!!!~TwAdI aPnI sUkHi~!!!
hi ppl!!!
jus wna no wetha a person is classes as a sikh, if dey dnt abide by all 5 k's??

tc sukhi xxx

jattpunjabi,

I wrote : " I believe a Sikh is a Hindu."
You wrote : " u r wrong................. "

Tell you what ?? If you are a jatt you certainly are a Hindu.
There is no such thing as a Sikh jatt.

Though trawling through some Sikh sites one comes across some appalling views on History and terrible racist material Sikh youth in the west are exposed to.

Here is a site known as *snipped*.com which claims to speak for Sikh Jats. DON'T FORGET TO NOTE that they have a Muslim Jat section but nothing for Hindu Jats ( despite Hindus being the majority religion amongst Jats or perhaps Hindu Jats have stopped following the caste-system!! )

Anyway - Happy Viewing - *external link*

Thanks

u r absolutely wrong....sikh is not a hindu....sikh is a sikh......sikhism nd hinduism r two different religion......hindus r jaat not jatt.....ye i agree u can find jatts in muslim as well...........do u know wat da word jatt means???????? history behind this name????.......yaar hun aa main talli ate teri sari gall da jawab nai de sakda....i will give ans for ur single post......but am not vela ...savere 7 vaje dehadi karan v jana ate dedh vajj gaya......sikh ate hindu religion de farak layi tu ini der aa do postan naal kamm chalaa.......jadon main shuru ho gaya taan aithe sikhi de related postan veki digdeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan........nd my dear ill tell u actual history of sikhs nd sikhism.....pota pota

https://www.unp.me/f15/granth-vs-granthi-14256/

https://www.unp.me/f93/khalistan-13212/index3.html

onlycheema

Banned
"bulleshah" BHAI KAHAN SINGH NABHA and BHAI VIR SINGH wrote a book "HUM HINDU NAHIN" u read so much literature read dis 1 too...

dunno u dun't get dis.........if we r ur offshoot den u must be of muslims or christians.....if same measure applies to u too.....dat u r applying on us.............

will write u a detailed reply but not in dis thread.........

Ramta

onlycheema,

BHAI KAHAN SINGH NABHA and BHAI VIR SINGH wrote a book "HUM HINDU NAHIN" u read so much literature read dis 1 too...

Who is your Guru ?? Kahan singh ?? Vir Singh ??
Please provide references from the Gurubani to validate your claim and not bedtime stories you heard from your parents...

You need to make up your mind as to who or what your Guru is.

You haven't touched upon any of the points that I have raised in my message for the simple reason that you appear to be unable to comprehent any of it...

Thanks

- -
- -

jattpunjabi,

u r absolutely wrong....sikh is not a hindu....sikh is a sikh......sikhism nd hinduism r two different religion......hindus r jaat not jatt.....ye i agree u can find jatts in muslim as well...........do u know wat da word jatt means???????? history behind this name????.......yaar hun aa main talli ate teri sari gall da jawab nai de sakda....i will give ans for ur single post......but am not vela ...savere 7 vaje dehadi karan v jana ate dedh vajj gaya......sikh ate hindu religion de farak layi tu ini der aa do postan naal kamm chalaa.......jadon main shuru ho gaya taan aithe sikhi de related postan veki digdeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...... ..nd my dear ill tell u actual history of sikhs nd sikhism.....pota pota

Excuse me you are a mere simpleton...

I will retain this label to YOUR type - for a person who does not question, answer, and opinonate IS a simpleton, and rightfully deserves the label!

Thanks

Ramta

AND

Everything that is said to be unique to Sikhi is not so unique in reality but is a reiteration of ancient Indian philosophy which later came to be known as Hinduism. The differences between Hinduism and Sikhism are not in philosophy but in appearance, and some in the practice of casteism and ritualism. Aim of both Sikhism and Hinduism is not to secure heaven or even a better life in the next birth, but to secure happiness here and now and attainment of the supreme One, Parabrahma, infinite Bliss hereafter.

There are various names of Brahman, the Supreme One used in Hindu scriptures, by which Guru Nanak has also addressed Him. Some of them are, Onkaara, Parabrahma, Brahman, Satnaam, Aatman, Truth, Gobinda, Daamodara, Rama, Nirankaara(Formless), Naam, Shiva, etc. Upanishadic seers never recommended rituals for realization and did not condemn the worship of various deities, but informed the believers the limitations thereof and then led them to the infinite Bliss. Similarly, with the same synthesizing attitude, Guru Nanak used the same names liberally to convey the utter unity of Gods in Non–dual (Advaita) and Dual (Dvaita) systems of thoughts.

Guru Nanak himself used the authority of Vedas to explain his philosophy of devotion. He asks the disciples to meet and listen to the Vedas, ‘Smrities’, the six scriptures, and ‘Puraanas’, and meditate on Brahman to attain Him. He goes to the extent of stating, “Those who read and recite Vedas etc. without a The Guru would have doubts and therefore would not understand the Reality, they would earn sorrow and misery.“ One, who understands the fundamentals of Vedas etc., realizes the Supreme here and now. And if such an enlightened person preaches everyone regardless of their castes etc, then The Guru Nanak would salute him”. He further says that wisdom for persons of all castes lies in performing their duties, but he who knows that the path of devotional chanting is the same for all, he serves Him, he indeed becomes the Supreme One. The concept of god in Sikhi is not so unique afterall.

- -
- -

"The misguided ones who delight in the melodious chanting of the
Veda - without understanding the real purpose of the Vedas - think,
O Arjuna, as if there is nothing else in the Vedas except the rituals
for the sole purpose of obtaining heavenly enjoyment."
- - - 2.42 - The Geeta - - -

"To a Self-realized person the Vedas are as useful as a small reservoir of
water when the water of a huge lake becomes available."
- - - 2.46 - The Geeta - - -

"There is no heaven, no final liberation, nor any soul in another world,
Nor do the actions of the four castes, etc., produce any real effect.
The Agnihotra, the three Vedas, the ascetic's three staves, and smearing one's self with ashes,
Were made by Nature as the livelihood or those destitute of knowledge and manliness."

- - - Savradarshana Samgraha - - -

"Ekam Sat, Viprah Bahudha Vadanti".
(There is only one truth, only men describe it in different ways). - - - The Rig Veda - - -

So you see Guru Nanak was certainly not the one inventing this understanding called Sikhi but articulating an already existing one.

THIS POST OF MINE IS RELEVENT HERE (CLICK)

Thanks

pps309

Prime VIP
Sun 22 ....
My dear bro.......please come out of this internet world....Sikhs are growing and they will grow. Sikhs are now not limited to Punjab, India. They are everywhere, North America, Australia, Kenya everywhere..........
No matter what ppl keep on saying.....Sikhism is going to stay. We are real, we have history. Our gurus came on this earth to teach us, we have proofs for everything. We do not believe in epic stories so called night time stories.

ya man......for u every sikh is a simpleton......but its true that none of sikh guru worshipped any of hindu devi devta.....sikh guru rejected the theory of hinduism.....for guruji there is one god almighty i.e. akal puirakh waheguru.........for u sm quotes frm Guru Granth Sahib Ji.......

ਕਹਾ ਭਯੋ ਜੋ ਆਨ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਦਸਕ ਅਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਘਾਏ ॥ ਅਧਿਕ ਪ੍ਰਪੰਚ ਦਿਖਾਇ ਸਭਨ ਕੱਹ ਆਪਹਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕਹਾਏ॥1॥
ਭੰਜਨ ਗੜ੍ਹਨ ਸਮਰਥ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋ ਕਿਮ ਜਾਤਿ ਗਿਨਾਯੋ ॥ ਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਅਸਿ ਕੋ ਘਾਇ ਬਚਾਇ ਨ ਆਯੋ॥2॥
ਕੈਸੇ ਤੋਹਿ ਤਾਰਿਹੈ ਸੁਨਿ ਜੜ ਆਪ ਡੁਬਿਯੋ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰ ॥ ਛੁਟਿਹੋ ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸ ਤੇ ਤਬ ਹੀ ਗਹੋ ਸਰਨਿ ਜਗਤਾਗਰ॥3॥5॥
So what if Krishna/Vishnu came here and killed about ten bad people? Showing many hypocrisies and fooling everyone, he called himself God. The one who kills and creates, how can He be described by counting? If he (Krishna) was God then how come he couldn’t save himself from death? Hey idiot, listen, how can that idiot get you across this world ocean (get you liberated) when he himself fell into the world ocean (died). You can only be saved when you go to Waheguru (God). (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਦਿਸਾ ਵਿਸਾ ਜਿਹ ਕੀਨ ਸਰਬ ਪਸਾਰ ॥ ਕਉਨ ਉਪਮਾ ਤੌਨ ਕੋ ਮੁਖ ਲੇਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੁਰਾਰ॥3॥7
God who created life, solar systems, soil, and rest of the elements in the universe. How can He be praised by comparing Him to a human such as Arjun or Krishna? (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
<ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"In the Jujar Veda, Kaan Krishna of the Yaadva tribe seduced Chandraavali by force." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 470)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"Even Krishna and Balbhadar meditated on the Lord, falling at the Guru's Feet." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 165)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜੂ ਤੋ ਕਹ ਲਾਜ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਨੀਲ ਕੰਠ ਨਰਹਰਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਨੀਲ ਬਸਨ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Hey Waheguru (God) Ji! Please keep my honour and respect. Hey God! (For me) You are Shivji, Nursing, Vishnu, Krishna’s older brother Balram, Krishna. (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
ਏਕ ਚਿੱਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਯੋ ॥ ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਯੋ ॥10
Anyone who meditates on God with sincere devotion even for a moment. That person shall never be caught hold of the terrors of death. (Tav Parsad Sawayeas, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

This proves beyond the doubt that Guru Ji never praised Hindu deity Shiv or Shiva. Guru JI praised only Almighty Waheguru who does not take birth or die, who is timeless, formless and without any hatred. Some of the following verses of Guru Ji speak of the Hindu god Shiv.

ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਉਬਾਰ ਨ ਸਕਹੈ ਜਾਕਰ ਨਾਮ ਰਟੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਸੂਰਜ ਸਸਿ ਤੇ ਬਸਿ ਕਾਲ ਸਬੈ ਹੈ ॥

ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਸਬੈ ਮਤ ਜਾਕਰ ਨੇਤ ਕਹੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਫਨਿੰਦ੍ਰ ਮੁਨਿੰਦ੍ਰ ਕਲਪ ਬਹੁ ਧਿਆਵਤ ਧਿਆਨ ਨ ਐਹੈ ॥2॥

ਜਾਕਰ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਨਹਿ ਜਨਿਯਤ ਸੋ ਕਿਮ ਸਯਾਮ ਕਹੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਛੁਟਹੋ ਕਾਲ ਜਾਲ ਤੇ ਤਬ ਹੀ ਤਾਹਿ ਚਰਨ ਲਪਟੈਹੈ॥3॥10॥

Raam and Mohammed and other prophets who you remember couldn’t describe God. Brahmas, Vishnus, Shivji, Sun, Moon, etc. all die and reincarnate. Vedas, Puraans, Kuran and other religious books can’t describe God. Inders (Vishnu), Faninders (Shivji), Muninders (Brahma) tried to find God but couldn’t find the Lord Almighty. The one who has no colour or physical appearance, how can He be called blue or black? You can only get away from the cycles of birth and death when to cling to the feet of God. (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਜੋਗੀ ਸਿਵ ਕੀਓ ॥ ਬੇਦਰਾਜ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਜੂ ਥੀਓ ॥
ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥8॥

The Temporal Lord created Shiva, the Yogi; Brahma, the Utterer of Vedas. The Temporal Lord, Who fashioned the entire Universe, I salute to Him alone. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਜਗਤ ਬਨਾਯੌ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਜੱਛਨ ਉਪਜਾਯੋ ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਮਝਿਯਹੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥9॥
He, Who is the Creator of Time and the Universe, also created the angels, demons and yakshas. He alone was in the beginning and will also be at the end of the Time. He alone is my Guru. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਕੋ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਵ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕਾ ਚੀਨਤ ਨਹਿ ਭਿਵ ॥16॥

The fools consider Him a stone, for He does not know the Profound Mysterym that is God. He calls Shiva, The Eternal Lord, and does not know the secret of the Formless Lord. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨ ਅੰਤੁ ਨਹਿ ਪਾਇਓ ਨੇਤ ਨੇਤ ਮੁਖਚਾਰ ਬਤਾਇਓ ॥੫॥
ਕੋਟਿ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਉਪਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਉਪਾਇ ਖਪਾਏ ॥

Brahma and Vishnu are unable to explain God’s expanse. Brahma who has four faces can only utter that none is equal or alike God. God has been creating millions of Indras and Vamanas. God has been creating and killing millions Brahmas and Shivas. (Akal Ustat, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
<ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"The realm of Shiva, the realms of Brahma and Indra as well - no place anywhere is permanent." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 214)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"The Realm of Shiva shall also perish." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 237)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"Even Shiva and Brahma are afraid of this pleasure, but I have judged that pleasure to be true. Even sages like Sanak and Naarad, and the thousand-headed serpent, did not see the mind within the body." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 330)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"My breath of life resides in Him, whose praises are sung by Shiva and Sanak and so many others." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 339)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"No one is more powerful than the she-serpent Maya, who deceived even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 480)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS>"That man who chants "Shiva, Shiva", and meditates on him, is riding on a bull, shaking a tambourine." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 874)
ਕਹਾ ਭਯੋ ਜੋ ਆਨ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਦਸਕ ਅਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਘਾਏ ॥ ਅਧਿਕ ਪ੍ਰਪੰਚ ਦਿਖਾਇ ਸਭਨ ਕੱਹ ਆਪਹਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕਹਾਏ॥1॥
ਭੰਜਨ ਗੜ੍ਹਨ ਸਮਰਥ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋ ਕਿਮ ਜਾਤਿ ਗਿਨਾਯੋ ॥ ਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਅਸਿ ਕੋ ਘਾਇ ਬਚਾਇ ਨ ਆਯੋ॥2॥
ਕੈਸੇ ਤੋਹਿ ਤਾਰਿਹੈ ਸੁਨਿ ਜੜ ਆਪ ਡੁਬਿਯੋ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰ ॥ ਛੁਟਿਹੋ ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸ ਤੇ ਤਬ ਹੀ ਗਹੋ ਸਰਨਿ ਜਗਤਾਗਰ॥3॥5॥
So what if Krishna/Vishnu came here and killed about ten bad people? Showing many hypocrisies and fooling everyone, he called himself God. The one who kills and creates, how can He be described by counting? If he (Krishna) was God then how come he couldn’t save himself from death? Hey idiot, listen, how can that idiot get you across this world ocean (get you liberated) when he himself fell into the world ocean (died). You can only be saved when you go to Waheguru (God). (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਦਿਸਾ ਵਿਸਾ ਜਿਹ ਕੀਨ ਸਰਬ ਪਸਾਰ ॥ ਕਉਨ ਉਪਮਾ ਤੌਨ ਕੋ ਮੁਖ ਲੇਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੁਰਾਰ॥3॥7
God who created life, solar systems, soil, and rest of the elements in the universe. How can He be praised by comparing Him to a human such as Arjun or Krishna? (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
<ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"In the Jujar Veda, Kaan Krishna of the Yaadva tribe seduced Chandraavali by force." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 470)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"Even Krishna and Balbhadar meditated on the Lord, falling at the Guru's Feet." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 165)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜੂ ਤੋ ਕਹ ਲਾਜ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਨੀਲ ਕੰਠ ਨਰਹਰਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਨੀਲ ਬਸਨ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Hey Waheguru (God) Ji! Please keep my honour and respect. Hey God! (For me) You are Shivji, Nursing, Vishnu, Krishna’s older brother Balram, Krishna. (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
ਏਕ ਚਿੱਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਯੋ ॥ ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਯੋ ॥10
Anyone who meditates on God with sincere devotion even for a moment. That person shall never be caught hold of the terrors of death. (Tav Parsad Sawayeas, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

This proves beyond the doubt that Guru Ji never praised Hindu deity Shiv or Shiva. Guru JI praised only Almighty Waheguru who does not take birth or die, who is timeless, formless and without any hatred. Some of the following verses of Guru Ji speak of the Hindu god Shiv.

ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਉਬਾਰ ਨ ਸਕਹੈ ਜਾਕਰ ਨਾਮ ਰਟੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਸੂਰਜ ਸਸਿ ਤੇ ਬਸਿ ਕਾਲ ਸਬੈ ਹੈ ॥

ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਸਬੈ ਮਤ ਜਾਕਰ ਨੇਤ ਕਹੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਫਨਿੰਦ੍ਰ ਮੁਨਿੰਦ੍ਰ ਕਲਪ ਬਹੁ ਧਿਆਵਤ ਧਿਆਨ ਨ ਐਹੈ ॥2॥

ਜਾਕਰ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਨਹਿ ਜਨਿਯਤ ਸੋ ਕਿਮ ਸਯਾਮ ਕਹੈ ਹੈ ॥ ਛੁਟਹੋ ਕਾਲ ਜਾਲ ਤੇ ਤਬ ਹੀ ਤਾਹਿ ਚਰਨ ਲਪਟੈਹੈ॥3॥10॥

Raam and Mohammed and other prophets who you remember couldn’t describe God. Brahmas, Vishnus, Shivji, Sun, Moon, etc. all die and reincarnate. Vedas, Puraans, Kuran and other religious books can’t describe God. Inders (Vishnu), Faninders (Shivji), Muninders (Brahma) tried to find God but couldn’t find the Lord Almighty. The one who has no colour or physical appearance, how can He be called blue or black? You can only get away from the cycles of birth and death when to cling to the feet of God. (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਜੋਗੀ ਸਿਵ ਕੀਓ ॥ ਬੇਦਰਾਜ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਜੂ ਥੀਓ ॥
ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥8॥

The Temporal Lord created Shiva, the Yogi; Brahma, the Utterer of Vedas. The Temporal Lord, Who fashioned the entire Universe, I salute to Him alone. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਜਗਤ ਬਨਾਯੌ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਜੱਛਨ ਉਪਜਾਯੋ ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਮਝਿਯਹੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥9॥
He, Who is the Creator of Time and the Universe, also created the angels, demons and yakshas. He alone was in the beginning and will also be at the end of the Time. He alone is my Guru. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਕੋ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਵ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕਾ ਚੀਨਤ ਨਹਿ ਭਿਵ ॥16॥

The fools consider Him a stone, for He does not know the Profound Mysterym that is God. He calls Shiva, The Eternal Lord, and does not know the secret of the Formless Lord. (Benti Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨ ਅੰਤੁ ਨਹਿ ਪਾਇਓ ਨੇਤ ਨੇਤ ਮੁਖਚਾਰ ਬਤਾਇਓ ॥੫॥
ਕੋਟਿ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਉਪਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਉਪਾਇ ਖਪਾਏ ॥

Brahma and Vishnu are unable to explain God’s expanse. Brahma who has four faces can only utter that none is equal or alike God. God has been creating millions of Indras and Vamanas. God has been creating and killing millions Brahmas and Shivas. (Akal Ustat, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
<ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"The realm of Shiva, the realms of Brahma and Indra as well - no place anywhere is permanent." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 214)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"The Realm of Shiva shall also perish." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 237)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"Even Shiva and Brahma are afraid of this pleasure, but I have judged that pleasure to be true. Even sages like Sanak and Naarad, and the thousand-headed serpent, did not see the mind within the body." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 330)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"My breath of life resides in Him, whose praises are sung by Shiva and Sanak and so many others." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 339)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">"No one is more powerful than the she-serpent Maya, who deceived even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 480)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 10px 0pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"> </ADDRESS>"That man who chants "Shiva, Shiva", and meditates on him, is riding on a bull, shaking a tambourine." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 874)
</ADDRESS>
</ADDRESS>

hune uthia ate savere savere mood na kharab kar yaar......ajj vaste aina bot aa......aje bathera kush aa aithe chepan nu.......weekends utte wait kari mera tainu sikhi bare poora dassu.ahooooooooo naale geeta bare v discuss karange........veki kite bhaj na jaaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.......mere akalmand 222222222222222222222222

pps309

Prime VIP
Likewise, another verse of the same poem, “I will not pray to idols nor say the Muslim prayer”, is more anti-Islamic than anti-Hindu: it rejects a duty binding every single Muslim (prayer) and a practice common among Hindus (idol-worship) but by no means obligatory. The Arya Samaaji's don't worship idols yet are Hindu's.

To me you seems to be more Pro Hindus, bit Anti-Islamic and ignorant to Sikhism (or pretending to be ignorant).

Sikhism is not anti to anyone.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Absolutely No personal Attacks here,Anyone having problem keeping composure-Stay clear of this thread.

pps309

Prime VIP
Absolutely No personal Attacks here,Anyone having problem keeping composure-Stay clear of this thread.

I think may be this post is directed to me.
Dhillon, I just want to bring into your notice that in Bulleshah's one post he said something in Sikhism is more anti-muslim then anti-Hindu.

Clearly he is saying Sikh religion to be anti of some religion. I am offended by his that statement.

As he expressed his view regarding philosphies of Sikh Religion, so I expresses my opinion and view about him. What I think of him.

P.S.-> I am neither anti-Hindu nor anti-muslim. I can not see disrespect for Sikh Religion.

full_taur

To me, it seems that this bulle shah guy is some kind of robot or something and he just came here and post something and pollute the minds and GUys if u read his posts, most of them they don't make any sense to the people who know History and who know there religion.. but to the people who don't know, he just tries to pollute there minds..

just joking.. but he seems to be a agent of RSS or something and he is doing what RSS & other organizations like that are doing in Punjab.. hehehe!!