Vlsm

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=630 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=904>Introduction To Subnetting

Introduction

So you have made it this far hey ? Well you are in for an AWESOME ride.
Subnetting is one of my favorite subjects. It can be as simple as 1,2,3 or as complex as trying to get free tech support from Microsoft :)
Getting serious now.. Subnetting is a very interesting and important topic. I gather that most of you have heard about it or have some idea what it's all about. For those who haven't dealt with subnets before... hang in there because you're not alone ! Keep in mind we also have the website's forum where you can post questions or read up on other people's questions and answers. It's an excellent source of information and I recommend you use it !
For some reason a lot of people consider Subnetting to be a difficult subject, which is true to some extent, but I must say that I think that most of them see it that way because they do not have solid foundations on networking (essential !), and especially the IP protocol. But for you guys (and girls), the above doesn't apply, because we have covered IP in the best possible way and we DO have solid foundations. Right ?
Some Advice !
If you started reading the IP protocol on this site from the begining and have understood everything, then you won't have any problem understanding subnetting... but (there is always a darn "but" !) on the other hand if you do not understand very well what we have been talking about in the previous pages, then you're going to find this somewhat difficult. Which ever the case, I'm going to try and explain subnetting as simply as possible and hope to answer all your questions.
Now, because Subnetting is a big topic to talk about and analyse in one page (yeah right !) I've split it throughout a few sections to break it down into smaller pieces. Logically, as you move on to higher sections, the concepts and material difficulty will increase :
  • Section 1: Basic Subnetting Concepts. This section is to help you understand what a subnet really is. Introduction to the Default Subnet masks is covered at first and then you get to see and learn how the network is affected by changing the subnet mask. There are plenty of them cool diagrams (which you only find on this site !) to ensure that you get the picture right :)
  • Section 2: Subnet Masks and Their Effect. Here we will look at the Default Subnet mask in a bit more detail and introduce a few new concepts. Classless and Classful IP Addresses are covered here and you get to learn how the subnet mask affects them.
  • Section 3: The Subnet Mask Bits. Detailed analysis of subnet mask bits. Learn to recognise the number of bits in a subnet mask, followed by an introduction to complex subnets.
  • Section 4: Routing and Communications between Subnets. Understand how routers deal with subnets, how computers which are in different subnets can communicate with each other, along with a few general notes on subnetting that you should know.
  • Section 5: Subnetting Guidelines. Some last information to help you plan your new networks and a few things to keep in mind so you can avoid future problems with subnets.
Waise mainu aap ehdi ABC vi nahi aundi...main taan net ton chukkya .....aah lao site....shyad kuchh kamm aa jae>d
Code:
 http://www.firewall.cx/ip-subnetting-intro.php
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 height=23> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MaRjAnA

JaTT_On_JaunT
Menu bhi jama changi ni lagdi VLSM ,,,bahut dukhi kardi,,,,,:du :du :du :du oye speedy tu khera course karda hain?:cnf