Value of Religion and all aspects of religion ...

How would you rate the importance of religion in ur life ?

• A Lot - 8 -10

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Quite a lot - 6 - 8

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I am religious - 4 - 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not so much but yeah it affects - 1 - 4

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Im an Athiest 0 - 1

• I believe in god a lot but not at all in religion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe in god a lot but not much in religion .. i use those aspects of religion vich seem valid t

• Total voters

Some1

Focusing on ________
Discuss ... :kin:kin:kin

how important is religions these days to u and its value in ur life and in that of ppl around u ?

do u think all aspects of ur religion or other religion are valid and needed NOW .. as in the present hi-tech world ?

is there anything you woulc change if you could change in your religion ?

Some1

Focusing on ________
Remember i am not talking about GOD ... not the importance of GOD but importance ofYOUR RELIGION :wig:wig:wig:wig:wig

J@tti

..Majajan..
JaY said:

how important is religions these days to u and its value in ur life and in that of ppl around u ?

Religion is really important, because religion is basically just a path that leads you to God.

JaY said:
do u think all aspects of ur religion or other religion are valid and needed NOW .. as in the present hi-tech world ?
I guess it's all the more important in todays world. Human values are diminshing, and every religion teaches one to be considerate of other humans, we seriously need it today.

JaY said:
is there anything you woulc change if you could change in your religion ?

I have a lot more to learn about my religion, so wanting to change something without knowing it does not make sense.

neil

W@TNO DOOR
good question.
kiddo you r growing up fast.

well i guess......in our religion....we have been given a distinctive look by our guru sahib by telling us not to cut our hari and wearing a turban and kirpaan and other kakars.

bytheway most of us are clean shaven....

a simple example.
u cant say if a brown guy is a sikh if he is clean shaven but the sardar with a turban....i guess u dont have to give it a second thought...

that is exclusive..........:an

JaY said:
Why do we need to carry a kirpan with us in the year 2006 ?

full_taur

neil said:
good question.
kiddo you r growing up fast.

well i guess......in our religion....we have been given a distinctive look by our guru sahib by telling us not to cut our hari and wearing a turban and kirpaan and other kakars.

bytheway most of us are clean shaven....

a simple example.
u cant say if a brown guy is a sikh if he is clean shaven but the sardar with a turban....i guess u dont have to give it a second thought...

that is exclusive..........:an

Sorry Neil bai... u said most of us are clean shaven... bai not most of us.. only few... im not a clean shaven guy...

Infact proud to be a sikh and a true sikh...(Sorry to say this, but people who are clean shaven and they say are sikhs, are...............)

& Jay the idealogies & beleifs of sikhism are more relevant today then ever before...

Kirpan besides one of the kakkars, also signifies that a person is a GURU ka SIKH, and by Kirpan & other kakkars he leads his life according to Guru's way and it means that the person has very disciplined life and stay away from bad things of the world like drugs, alchol and all.. and besides this KIRPAN is for self defense as well... so anyone can save him or herself with his Kirpan and also it is an integral part of GURSIKH....

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
The first thing came to my mind was,,,,,alottttttttttttt,,,,,then i just analysised myself,,,n found tht i cut my hairs,,,,i aint a true sikh(I am not amritdhari gursikh bibi:kin ),,,,,how can i vote for 10,,,,,even though i m very much attached to religion,,,,but i don't do everthing as told in religion,,,,so gotta vote for 8.
Bakki main fer discuss keruingi,,,,really in rush rtnow:)

neil

W@TNO DOOR
Sorry Taur bai,
if i said most of us are clean shaven. Brother, most of the sikhs who are living overseas and especially the younger genreration is clean shaven. There are exceptions, like you who are still tieing that turban with pride.
well i say...good on you buddy.

but your lines that

...(Sorry to say this, but people who are clean shaven and they say are sikhs, are...............)

hmm...i contradict....
wearing a turban, and kakars doesn't gurantee that you are a sikh and cutting your hair doesnt prove that you are not a sikh.

well. i guess there is another definiton that was given by our guru sahib ji abt who is a "SIKH"

I VE SEEN ENOUGH, countless, amritdharis who lie, do wrong deeds and a lot, countless again sehajdharis who are the true sikhs..........not from their looks but f rom their deeds..

i d like to discuss it more with ya full taur bai....just healthy discussion buddy....
full_taur said:
Sorry Neil bai... u said most of us are clean shaven... bai not most of us.. only few... im not a clean shaven guy...

Infact proud to be a sikh and a true sikh...(Sorry to say this, but people who are clean shaven and they say are sikhs, are...............)

& Jay the idealogies & beleifs of sikhism are more relevant today then ever before...

Kirpan besides one of the kakkars, also signifies that a person is a GURU ka SIKH, and by Kirpan & other kakkars he leads his life according to Guru's way and it means that the person has very disciplined life and stay away from bad things of the world like drugs, alchol and all.. and besides this KIRPAN is for self defense as well... so anyone can save him or herself with his Kirpan and also it is an integral part of GURSIKH....

Some1

Focusing on ________
neil said:
yeah i know that :an

but that was because the khalsa was founded to go against the wrongdoers ... so that they could stand out and fight against the wrong .

today a normal job doing person ... y do u need a kirpan ?

Some1

Focusing on ________
full_taur said:

full_taur ... few ni kaffi ... maybe even ur kids wuld like to be clean shaven who knws ... its sucha world :n :n

full_taur said:

so people who do not cut hair are true sikhs ? well then a lotta true sikhs r spoiling the image of sikhs :n :n

full_taur said:

i agree with some of them ... :y
and i agree with half your point too :y
but i dont agree that all ideologies of all religions are valid :kin

i mean there's no wars/rapes/kingdom upheavels going on on a mass scale
the world is a lot different than what it used to be when these religions were founded and this makes me think that some of the idelogies of these religions are not valid in the world of today :wig

full_taur said:

self-defense ? the teeny meeny kirpanis beebis ... yes amritdharis too .. carry as a necklace ? self-defense ?
save themselves ... get me the last incidence when sum1 saved themselves with a kirpan ??

differentiate between sikh and gursikh ?

pps309

Prime VIP
Kirpan nu guru ka sikh dharda.

Kirpan 2 word nu jod ke bani aa Kirpa + Aan

Kisse garib-gurbe te kirpa layi, kisse di aan bachan layi baba ji ne ane sikh nu kirpan pavayi sigi.

Mind it its kirpan not talwaar (tal te waar, jo hindu/mughal raje use karde sige)

Oh gal hor aa k eaj kal sadde warge no jawan bhulde ja rahe aa apni sikhi nu. But haje bhi I think je banda apne kol kirpan rakhda, chae chhoti hi sahi, it will keep on reminding him ke "oh guru ke sikh tera kaam kirpa karba te lokaan di aan di izzat karba haiga"

Baki eh sab banad apne manno karda, I agree kuch lok kesh dhar ke kirpan rakh ke bhi galat karde aa but dis doesn mean sara sikh kaum galat aa, dey are very few.

Main taa aap hun dastar banan di soch raya...like jad India gaya feb end ch..otthe jaake kesh rakh lene te dastar/pagg banya karni aa.

Some1

Focusing on ________
pps309 said:
Kirpan nu guru ka sikh dharda.

Kirpan 2 word nu jod ke bani aa Kirpa + Aan

Kisse garib-gurbe te kirpa layi, kisse di aan bachan layi baba ji ne ane sikh nu kirpan pavayi sigi.

Mind it its kirpan not talwaar (tal te waar, jo hindu/mughal raje use karde sige)

Oh gal hor aa k eaj kal sadde warge no jawan bhulde ja rahe aa apni sikhi nu. But haje bhi I think je banda apne kol kirpan rakhda, chae chhoti hi sahi, it will keep on reminding him ke "oh guru ke sikh tera kaam kirpa karba te lokaan di aan di izzat karba haiga"

Baki eh sab banad apne manno karda, I agree kuch lok kesh dhar ke kirpan rakh ke bhi galat karde aa but dis doesn mean sara sikh kaum galat aa, dey are very few.

Main taa aap hun dastar banan di soch raya...like jad India gaya feb end ch..otthe jaake kesh rakh lene te dastar/pagg banya karni aa.

k now thnx pps that is a lot appreciated !! >hug

but .. u should not need something to remind u that u r aiskh ... so u shuld not need something to remind u
[ke "oh guru ke sikh tera kaam kirpa karba te lokaan di aan di izzat karba haiga"]

baaki nahin aah taan ni kahende ki sikh kaum galat aa :kin

pps309

Prime VIP
. u should not need something to remind u that u r aiskh ... so u shuld not need something to remind u

thanks for appreciating
but yaar thuanu pata hona sometimes things are there in your mind but in unconscious mind...but you have to get it your consiouness.

Nahi ta ki lor aa mandir ya Gurughar jaan di.......ek baar chale jao jindagi ch aashirwad len guru da baar baar kyun jayi da.

parents nu ya bady anu ek baar SSA kar do baar kyun kari di aa.....we respect dem dat we know..nd they also be knowing..but we do. Coz..je appa nahi karange taa eh respect shayad ghat ho je, kuch taa change aayega.....on the same lines being amritdhari..ya fer galle ch kirpan te khanda rakhan da koi nuksaan nahi.
Banda kadi kabar je rab nu bhul jaanda ta shettin chete aa janda.

Don't say banda rab nu nahi bhulda......we sometimes get so busy in our school/office work ke sara kuch bhul jayi da...je oss mauke te khanda ya kirpan dekh ke rab chhete aa j ek baar ta wadia hi aa.

Some1

Focusing on ________
if u need to remember god fine wear a small khanda

y do u need to wear a kirpan ?

i dont agree ke baari baari gurughar jaan di lor aa
tuseen out of duty ni aapne aap jaande on ... u rem. to go .....

nah i dont agree wid nething u said here ... lol

pps309

Prime VIP
JaY said:
if u need to remember god fine wear a small khanda

y do u need to wear a kirpan ?

i dont agree ke baari baari gurughar jaan di lor aa
tuseen out of duty ni aapne aap jaande on ... u rem. to go .....

nah i dont agree wid nething u said here ... lol
koi na..u neen not be agree...everyone thinks differently.

by wearing kada, khanda and wat else..its just showing respect to religion. apni apni soch aa kihne badi kirpaan like karde aa kihne chhota khanda.

Some1

Focusing on ________
so how does that make one a sikh and not a sikh

je soch vakhri aa but fer wi if i dont keep those things with me cuz i dont need reminders like that im not a sikh ?

pps309

Prime VIP
JaY said:

je soch vakhri aa but fer wi if i dont keep those things with me cuz i dont need reminders like that im not a sikh ?
je aj main pagg banuga..mainu dekh ke 1-2 munde ki pata hor shuru kar den.....

on the same line je aj tussi bal kataoge ya hair color karoge..thuanu dekh ke 1-2 sikh kuriya hor karan giya oh kaam....eh farak painda

neil

W@TNO DOOR
do u think that not cutting your hair and wearing a kirpaan, makes u a sikh.

there is lot more than that

JaY said:

Some1

Focusing on ________
neil said:
do u think that not cutting your hair and wearing a kirpaan, makes u a sikh.

there is lot more than that

thank u

that is what my point is that doing those things does not make me a non-sikh

cutting my hair i think should not have an effect on how i read bani and how am i good to other people

those points i think are not valid in the religion ideologies today

y shuld u not cut ur hair ?

split ends are not cool ? long thin hair due to not cutting are not cool ? everyone isnt blessed with nice hair ?