Value of Religion and all aspects of religion ...

How would you rate the importance of religion in ur life ?

• A Lot - 8 -10

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Quite a lot - 6 - 8

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I am religious - 4 - 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not so much but yeah it affects - 1 - 4

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Im an Athiest 0 - 1

• I believe in god a lot but not at all in religion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe in god a lot but not much in religion .. i use those aspects of religion vich seem valid t

• Total voters

pps309

Prime VIP
neil said:
do u think that not cutting your hair and wearing a kirpaan, makes u a sikh.

there is lot more than that
yeah....dere is more dan dat...

sikhi wal rujhan hona chaida....guru diya dasya hoya marg te chalan di shamta honi chaidi aa. Apne dharam nu hamesha uncha rakhan di himmat honi chaidi aa. nd lot lot more dan dat.

I know abroad reh ke, te aj di fast life ch I cannot do all things but main kehna appa kolo jihna ho sake ohna te osto wad ke dharam nu man-na chaida.

Some1

Focusing on ________
pps309 said:
je aj main pagg banuga..mainu dekh ke 1-2 munde ki pata hor shuru kar den.....

on the same line je aj tussi bal kataoge ya hair color karoge..thuanu dekh ke 1-2 sikh kuriya hor karan giya oh kaam....eh farak painda

lol .. taaki tuseen hor lokaan noon sikh bana sako ... es karke ? :kin

if i was a guy id do it for myself not to show it to other people

that is y i dont get the value of these things today ... nd its not only limited to sikhism .....

y do u have to show which religion u belong to ?

Some1

Focusing on ________
pps309 said:
yeah....dere is more dan dat...

sikhi wal rujhan hona chaida....guru diya dasya hoya marg te chalan di shamta honi chaidi aa. Apne dharam nu hamesha uncha rakhan di himmat honi chaidi aa. nd lot lot more dan dat.

:werd

pps309 said:
I know abroad reh ke, te aj di fast life ch I cannot do all things

that is all my point is .. abroad wi te kitte hor wi aaj de world'ch i mean

:wig:wig

neil

W@TNO DOOR
I know abroad reh ke, te aj di fast life ch I cannot do all things but main kehna appa kolo jihna ho sake ohna te osto wad ke dharam nu man-na chaida.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR........see that could be a reason...for sikhs living abroad cutting their hair and not wearing a kirpaan.....

Some1

Focusing on ________
neil said:
THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR........see that could be a reason...for sikhs living abroad cutting their hair and not wearing a kirpaan.....

u agree with me .... and that is my point :bite

in today's world ... india or abroad .. fast life :kin

u need to not cut ur hair ? :kin
u need to wear a kirpan ?:kin
u need to wear a kachera ?:kin

pps309

Prime VIP
JaY said:
lol .. taaki tuseen hor lokaan noon sikh bana sako ... es karke ? :kin

if i was a guy id do it for myself not to show it to other people

that is y i dont get the value of these things today ... nd its not only limited to sikhism .....

coz...m proud of being sikh. I m proud of being born in the community of Banda Singh Bahadur, Baba Deep Singh, Shedd Bhagat Singh.

Je angrej loki..apne country de jhande waliya t-shirts t ecap paaunde aa...we appreciate dem. dey do coz they feel good in dat..dey feel proud in dat.
in the same way i feel proud when i wear turban.

Some1

Focusing on ________
pps309 said:
coz...m proud of being sikh. I m proud of being born in the community of Banda Singh Bahadur, Baba Deep Singh, Shedd Bhagat Singh.

Je angrej loki..apne country de jhande waliya t-shirts t ecap paaunde aa...we appreciate dem. dey do coz they feel good in dat..dey feel proud in dat.

lol daz y i said all religions ... :D

neil

W@TNO DOOR
HMM.
GALL TAN BAI TERI SOLA ANE SACHI AA.

PAR EK GALL HOR AA

this is apne religion nu GURU SAHIB de baksh that SIKHISM will never be eliminated ever. so we dont have to publisize it. +++

pps309 said:

pps309

Prime VIP
neil said:
HMM.
GALL TAN BAI TERI SOLA ANE SACHI AA.

PAR EK GALL HOR AA

this is apne religion nu GURU SAHIB de baksh that SIKHISM will never be eliminated ever. so we dont have to publisize it. +++
m not publicizing it.....its just saying dat...one shud be proud of being sikh...luko ke kyun rakhna apne religion nu.

Some1

Focusing on ________
lukaan aali gal ni par publicise karan aali gal wi ni

i think a person's religion shuld be private ..... just like their thinking and beliefs are private

*shrugs*

full_taur

neil said:
Sorry Taur bai,
if i said most of us are clean shaven. Brother, most of the sikhs who are living overseas and especially the younger genreration is clean shaven. There are exceptions, like you who are still tieing that turban with pride.
well i say...good on you buddy.

but your lines that

hmm...i contradict....
wearing a turban, and kakars doesn't gurantee that you are a sikh and cutting your hair doesnt prove that you are not a sikh.

well. i guess there is another definiton that was given by our guru sahib ji abt who is a "SIKH"

I VE SEEN ENOUGH, countless, amritdharis who lie, do wrong deeds and a lot, countless again sehajdharis who are the true sikhs..........not from their looks but f rom their deeds..

i d like to discuss it more with ya full taur bai....just healthy discussion buddy....

Hor Neil bai...kidda.. yeah yaar healthy discussion.. nothing bad in it...

Yaar !!! dekh yaar if u have a look at history Sikh uhi hai jo Sikhi di rehni sehni vich hai... yaar u have to look at history to see why are we sikhs and why guru made us sikhs...

and yaar dont u think the point that u r giving that amritdharis do deeds and sehajdharis dotn do deeds and all, this point is baseless yaar..Sorry to say but you are just moulding it the way you like it...

You said wearing a kirpan And kakraas not guarante that you are a sikh.. but its just a first step... and atleast a most visible step... and bai only definition given by Guruji about sikh is known to us.. baaki jo vi hai its just another execuses to not obey the guru..

and yaar !! Beleive me on this Sikhism is the most logical & technical religion in todays world... Everything in sikhism has got a meaning and a LOGIC !!!!

J@tti

..Majajan..
Sikhism is the most recent religion, so obviously it's more logical and easy to follow/understand than others :bite

Some1

Focusing on ________
well i certainly dont follow the rules for attire etc and dont think i would follow them for my logicality doesnt go with it :n :n

J@tti

..Majajan..
Why do schools have uniform?
1) They want equality
2) They want to tell apart their students from other school's students.

Every religion has prescribed the code of conduct for its followers. The Sikh religion is not an exception.It is desired of a Sikh to live upto the discipline of Bani (Nam Simran) and Bana (Wearing of Five Kakars and keeping piety of outlook) to attain the ultimate goal.

Let's talk about 5 k's since you are insisting more on that aspect.

Kesh - The keeping of hair in its natural state is regarded as living in harmony with the will of God, and is a symbol of the Khalsa brotherhood and the Sikh faith. The keeping of unshorn hair represents the Sikh belief in the accepting of God's will.

Kanga - It is a symbol of hygiene and discipline. The kanga reinforces the belief that one should maintain cleanliness of spirit, mind and body.

Kara - It serves as a reminder so that when a sikh looks at the Kara, he is made to think twice before doing anything evil with his hands.

Kacha - It reminds the Sikh of the need for self-restrain over passions and desires.

Kirpan - Kirpan or the sword is the emblem of courage and self-defence. It symbolises dignity and self-reliance, the capacity and readiness to always defend the weak and the oppressed. It is worn purely as a religious symbol and not as a weapon. When all other means of self protection fail, the Kirpan can be used to protect yourself or others against the enemy.

There were concrete reasons behind everything our Guru's said. Look into your history, you will be more proud than words could ever tell.

neil

W@TNO DOOR
harjinder bai

pichle weekend meri masi ne gurudwara sahib akhand paath karwaiya see.
mainu mauka miliya raat nu gurudwara sahib rehan de, tainu pata pathian nun jagauna see te chah wagera pilaunee see.

raat nu asin thale basement wich paye see.
5 jaane......gurudwara sahib da garanthi uthey betha non veg chutkule sunave.

mainu inni khij chare te main us babe nu kiha vee tun taan sharam kar. ...........

hun dass oh taan bai sade preacher aa oh eh kuch karange tan sada ke houga..

dekh bai EH SARA KUCH DIL WICHON HUNDA...oh GURU sahib da naukar aa, ohna de ghare rehnda.

te ah gallan

mera jee karda see ohnu waddan bande nun.....

full_taur said:
Hor Neil bai...kidda.. yeah yaar healthy discussion.. nothing bad in it...

Yaar !!! dekh yaar if u have a look at history Sikh uhi hai jo Sikhi di rehni sehni vich hai... yaar u have to look at history to see why are we sikhs and why guru made us sikhs...

and yaar dont u think the point that u r giving that amritdharis do deeds and sehajdharis dotn do deeds and all, this point is baseless yaar..Sorry to say but you are just moulding it the way you like it...

You said wearing a kirpan And kakraas not guarante that you are a sikh.. but its just a first step... and atleast a most visible step... and bai only definition given by Guruji about sikh is known to us.. baaki jo vi hai its just another execuses to not obey the guru..

and yaar !! Beleive me on this Sikhism is the most logical & technical religion in todays world... Everything in sikhism has got a meaning and a LOGIC !!!!

Some1

Focusing on ________
yes i am proud but yes i cannot follow them in today's world

how many of u carry a kirpan ??

nd yeah equality in schools ??

well then y do ppl wear their religous attire to school ?? y was such a big issue made in france and wherever else they try to do this ?

pps309

Prime VIP
neil said:

dekh bai EH SARA KUCH DIL WICHON HUNDA...oh GURU sahib da naukar aa, ohna de ghare rehnda.

te ah gallan

22 je thuanu pata ke aage khu aa.....te thuanu pata thuad preacher galat salah de raya..fer bhi tussi khu ch shal maar doge ....?? i think samjhdar aadmi nahi marda....on the same lines je oh galat aa ya osde warge hor patthi galat aa dis doesn't mean ke appa bhi galat ho jaiye ya fer pagg banan da irada hi shad daiye.

full_taur

Haanji sorry i was bit tied down.. so couldnt reply much.. but now get ready for it...& mind you.. no offences..

JaY said:
Why do we need to carry a kirpan with us in the year 2006 ?
Yeah so why do we need a kirpan or sikhi swaroop or 5 K's... well dont u think this question in itself is wrong... WHY DO U NEED TO WEAR A KIRPAN? how wierd question is that.... its not about wearing kirpan or wearing anything.. Theres more to that... Moroever Korpan koi nakk da KOKA ya kann di BAALI nai hai ki chahe jado marji paa lo, te jad marji kare utaar do...

so why do people wear Kirpans...well its not kirpan.. the question is whether you want to get baptised.. Amrit chakna.. and by that it mean that you have agreed to live your life according to the values of sikhism and you have to do Nitnem and lead your life according to Guru's teachings...that means you have a strong mind and u give urself to God and in turn you get blessed by God too... so agar tusi amrit chakde ho.. then only u can wear kirpan...

Just try & wear kirpan like this.. go to guruduwara & say you wanna wear kirpan... they will tell you this.. & Kirpan aiven hi nai koi vi mere tere varga paa leve...Actually Amrit chakna, it takes about 5-7 hours.. its not ki chalo paa layi kirpan , paa lao utar devo....

& jado amrit chakde ho tusi.. then it means a lot... right that means you are blessed and you bow yourself to god and wil lead your life according to God teachings and all... & moroever a Kirpan reminds you of one allmighty.. it is not a proof you are sikh or anything..It is a proof that inside you is God and Demon and you should never ever let Demon (inside you) take over GOD(inside you)

Things to Ponder:
1. There are many other religions where people get baptised.. Christianity is one of them...

JaY said:
but that was because the khalsa was founded to go against the wrongdoers ... so that they could stand out and fight against the wrong .
today a normal job doing person ... y do u need a kirpan ?

So now u think that there are not any wrond doers... and what happens in world today is all good...As i said before sikhism is more relevent today then ever before....If you are blessed by God ( means tusi amrit chakaya hega i.e you wear 5 K's and Kirpan is part of that) then:

1. If u r amritdhari, you are cool calm and always ready to help others..( DONT we need this in modern world).The Amritdhari never wishes ill for anyone.

2. if u r Gursikh, then u stay away from drugs & alchohol and smoking & everything...( what a waste of life when u drink, have drugs and then all other things... DONT we need this is modern world). If you are staying away from drugs & alcohol then how many things can be solved like crimes, casual sex, STD and all.. Needless to say when you are under drugs or alcohol, someone else is commanding you and being a gursikh, you only want that GOd should command you.. no one else...

3. By being Gursikh.. you try & have a family and live a simple family life.. You try & control yourself from wordly things like sexual drives and all.. So a gurskih person doesnt have wandering minds... he lives in family... ( & that take care of sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS and also helps curbing rapes,crimes and other things whcih arise becaue of sexual desires & drives)... DONT we need this in modern world...

4. By being Gursikh, you are humble enough and you are ready to help others and you will never ever engage in any sort of violence..(This takes care of terrorism, which is all over world now.) DONT we need this in Modern world... Amrit bestows peace and joy; above all, the Amritdhari wishes that all the people should enjoy the blissful peace in their lives.

5. By being Gursikh... you strongly beleive in IKONKAR (God is one) and in your daily ardas you say SARBAT DA BHALA (Good for everyone). If everyone is this much humble, we can take care of communal violence, race riots in world.. DONT we need this in modern world..

Things to Ponder
1. Sikhism & ideologies of sikhism are more relevant today then ever before...

JaY said:
so people who do not cut hair are true sikhs ? well then a lotta true sikhs r spoiling the image of sikhs
Hairs are a symbol of sikhism and they are called GURU DI DEN, one of the main things in Sikhism... If we beleive in Guru Gobind singh ji then why dont we believe in what he said & done and why dont we beleive in what he taught us.. why dont we beleive when he said BE KHALSA and BE PURE.... So being KHALSA is essence of sikhism...

yes agreed, hairs are nor imp or whatever(according to u) .. then why did Guru Gobind singh ji put turbans on all the 5 Pyaras and Before giving them Amrit.. asked them to be pure and KHALAS....

Its very hard to explain in few words... but history pado, then you will really understand the importance of Hairs and turban...

Things to Ponder:

1. Why do we have pictures of all the guru's in turbans and with hairs & beards....( yeah hairs are not imp, according to you)

2. Why do we have a picture of Jesus always in beard and long hairs...( ever noticed that)

3. Why do Krishan ji & others (From hindu religion) have unshorn hairs.. you got to see the pictures, not TV personalities...

4. Sahibjaade aged 7 & 9. do u rem them.. they were just so young but they didnt cut ther hairs, instead choose to die.. Have u ever thought what would have happened, if they have chosen the other way. Shayad mein te tusi hunde hi na AAJ !!! but think.. Ponder

JaY said:
but i dont agree that all ideologies of all religions are valid

I mean there's no wars/rapes/kingdom upheavels going on on a mass scale
the world is a lot different than what it used to be when these religions were founded and this makes me think that some of the idelogies of these religions are not valid in the world of today

self-defense ? the teeny meeny kirpanis beebis ... yes amritdharis too .. carry as a necklace ? self-defense ?
save themselves ... get me the last incidence when sum1 saved themselves with a kirpan ??
Yeah the world is soo good now.. everywhere there is peace and friendship.. isnt it? See the world is same even now.. instead of wars we have terrorist attacks.. we have rapes . we have so much violence.. People are killing each other, just for money & other things... and as said above.. all these things are covered by our religion and will always be true...

yeah self defense...teeny meeny Kirpanis... well this is what i call IGNORANCE.. yeah they might have small kirpans in there necks and even a small kanga and other things too.. but that doesnt mean they are amritdharis or anything... and yeah even few amritdharis wear those small ones as well... but inside they are wearing all the five kakaars and they also wear a small one on there neck... Just dont form your own impressions.. first think,learn and then comment on anyone...

JaY said:
but .. u should not need something to remind u that u r aiskh ... so u shuld not need something to remind u
yeah you dont need anything to tell you you are a sikh... and even if you are a amritdhari its not a stamp or anything to say that u r a SIKH... what it says according to gurbani is.. that you beleive in one allmighty and you wanna lead your life acording to his teachings... so wearing kirpan, it means you are closer to God and it is to remind you that u r God fearing person...

Gurbani vich yeh keha gya hai, at many places ki God & demon is inside.. and in gurbani, God nu hmsha awaal(supreme) manaya gaya hai.. and even the guru's are never called GOD... Guru according to GUrbaani means... jo tuhanu GOD naal milave.. te rab te nede le ke jaave...

JaY said:
split ends are not cool ? long thin hair due to not cutting are not cool ? everyone isnt blessed with nice hair ?

hehehe... again laughs... heheheh!! well if you have dedicated yourself to god and it means that you will live & die according to God's will... then these things like split ends and looking cool & hot.. doesnt make any sense.... its Kiddish.... bahut chotian gallan ne yeh....

JaY said:
neil said:

Nopes no need to show which religion we belong too.. but our turbans speak itself of our religion.. and yeah nothing to publicise your religion... but even there telling people about our religion and making them understand that we are SIKHS and not MUSLIMS is not publicising... (everyone knows what happened after Sep 11). Now sikhs are not limited to North India or just to India.. they are everywhere and everyone in the world should know who are these people who wears turbans... its not publicising but just general public awareness.

Things to Ponder
1. Have u ever seen anyone forcibly converted to sikhism or anything like that...

2. Have u ever seen publicity in such a way ki tuhanu convert kita jaave...

3. Religions have been made just because of one martyr and religions involve around those martyrs... But can you even count how many Martyrs are in Sikhism... Dont u think everyone in world should know about our history and glorious past & sacrifices... this isnt publicising Mate !!!!

neil said:
harjinder bai

pichle weekend meri masi ne gurudwara sahib akhand paath karwaiya see.
mainu mauka miliya raat nu gurudwara sahib rehan de, tainu pata pathian nun jagauna see te chah wagera pilaunee see.
raat nu asin thale basement wich paye see.
5 jaane......gurudwara sahib da garanthi uthey betha non veg chutkule sunave.
mainu inni khij chare te main us babe nu kiha vee tun taan sharam kar.
te ah gallan

Haan Neil bai.. its bad isnt it... but yaar let me tell you one incident that happened to me when i came to Sydney... i was in search for jobs... and i went to this one very reputed international software company in North Sydney(you might be knowing this, NEil bai) and yaar HR Manager was a girl and amritdhari girl with Keski on her head.. oo man.. she was looking like a princess... anyways few days later i happened to saw her in Train and she was sitting and doing her path from her PDA... couple of days later i saw her in her BMW along with her husband.. and then i meet them in gurudwtra and this time i talked to her and her husband.. Her husband amritdhari and a renowed doctor in Renowed Sydney hospital.. and i asked them isnt it difficult in todays world.. and they said its only because of Amrit and by gods grace that we are here and its only because of his kirpa that we are good human beings.. Its the strength we derive from Amrit & God that we are here.....and after getting to know them more, i came to know that they have got about 10 charity institutuiions and they gave so much money for underprivilegd children and all.. Isnt that Great? for me it was...

Now u think yourself.. whom do u consider a SIKH or preacher of our religion... i will say the North Sydney Couple........

Just as an analogy... yaar agar saade naale ik cycle vaale te ik Mercedes S Class AMG ja rahi hove then we will look at Mercedes S class and not at cycle... so buddy expand your horizon.. look for Mercedes( people like those north sydney peepz) and not cycle vala ( like uh no veg jokes vaale bhai ji). and beleive me yaar NOn veg jokes are nothing.. i have seen people who are preachers (supposed to be) but they do all bad things... but yaar then on other side there are good people too.. so look for good peepz Mate...

Sorry guys jyada lamba ho gya messsage but its worth reading...

full_taur

JaY said:
full_taur ... few ni kaffi ... maybe even ur kids wuld like to be clean shaven who knws ... its sucha world
You actually made me laugh again... hehe yeah kids di apni life hoyegi... but i will make sure that they knows everything about our history and why we wear turbans and why we keep hairs.. and even after knowing this, they still wanna be clean shaven.. then i will be more then happy as SIKHISM doesnt need such people...

heheh actually your question made me think that have my parents ever asked me to keep hair or wear turban... naah never... Not at all. all i can remmber is that when i was a kid they just made sure that i know my religion well and also our history and other things.. and they have never ever said anything about keeping hairs & all... May be because as they have widely travelled in world and are very well educated.. they know the way....:slap:slap:slap

pps309 said:
Main taa aap hun dastar banan di soch raya...like jad India gaya feb end ch..otthe jaake kesh rakh lene te dastar/pagg banya karni aa.
Thats a way to go mate... always remember..

MEHENGE MUL MILIYA NE SAANU SARDAARIAN..