Vaisakhi Celebrated in NSW Parliament - Buraah !!!!

full_taur

28th March 2006, will be marked as a special event in the history of New South Wales, Australia. For the first time Visakhi was celebrated in NSW Parliament with Hon John Aquilina (the speaker) as the guest of honour. This special event marked the beginning of celebrations of Visakhi which will go on for a month with Sikh games and other cultural programs around Sydney.

Please read the report by clicking following link:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/news.nsf/NewsArchive/F1BEE80BADF2786587257141006341F4

Keep up the SIKHI SPIRIT

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
very good gall hai eh ta, proud to be.........

We got Sikh Day parade in the city, in Manhattan, on Broadway ...heart of NYC on vaiskahi. Vaise ta har jagah amreeka , australia, canada de sikh vaisakhi manaunde ne, par when its in a big city or at a place like parliament, it shows we are achieving something to prove our identity out there................I urge everyone, atleast Americans to join Sikh Cultural society Annual Sikh Day parade in the city, New york itself on April 29th this year.....................ramin i m sure tu ta jaroor aavenga !

full_taur

Angel_Eyes said:
very good gall hai eh ta, proud to be.........

We got Sikh Day parade in the city, in Manhattan, on Broadway ...heart of NYC on vaiskahi. Vaise ta har jagah amreeka , australia, canada de sikh vaisakhi manaunde ne, par when its in a big city or at a place like parliament, it shows we are achieving something to prove our identity out there................I urge everyone, atleast Americans to join Sikh Cultural society Annual Sikh Day parade in the city, New york itself on April 29th this year.....................ramin i m sure tu ta jaroor aavenga !

Yeah, thats a thing.. and i must say that for Australia this was the big thing, as this was the first time ever, Vaisakhi was celebrated in NSW parliament so it shows that sikhs are now a part of Australian society and even Govt. acknowledges it...

And Angel, you are right we should definitely be a part of Parade's and other activities as well.. These things does help all of us (Especially who are still in there sikhi swaroop), as society recognises us and the good things we are doing to the society...

In Sydney, we organised the Clean up day activities on Australia day wherein we went on streets and cleaned up streets.. and i must say that all the locals whom i had a talk with, they all took notice of it and they all know now that we are for betterment of the society.. I had similar views when we organised CHEEBAL (free drinks) in sydney CBD last year...

and in the end...

Keep up the SIKHI SPIRIT

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
haan g main vi radio te sunia si:wah :wah :wah
and bachia ne programme vi pash karne
and sikh Parliment dee liabary noo books vi donate kar rahe tah kee sare pard sakan te ohna noo sikh relgion vaare hor jaankaari hove:y :y :y :y

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
My Boss's Little Kurri danced at this function last week and they used my camera. Mein fotoan upload karunga ghare jaake.

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~
last sunday ethe vee hoeya c vaisakhi mela...it wasnt a big thing buh fer vee wadiya lagda apnee community nu dekh k........although its not very big hr in mel......main bhangre dee video banayi c buh clear nayi ayee nayi taan upload kar dendee:jumping

dhana_jatt

~*~ NiMaNa ~*~
burrraaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

Kav

Bale........... it is certainly a moment of pride and honour for everyone especially for we people living in Sydney. Cheers full_taur......... keep up the Taur and the good work...