Upasana Singh: Staying back in 'Comedy Nights Live' was a mistake

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
In a dramatic turn of events, Upasana Singh, who plays Bua in 'Comedy Nights Live', has quit the show over creative differences with the production house. When the whole team decided to support Kapil Sharma and join his show on another channel, Upasana Singh was the only one who stayed behind. So what changed suddenly? Excerpts from an interview...

Why have you quit Comedy Nights Live?
There is no comedy in the show. The work atmosphere is highly unprofessional and I regret working with this production house. It is the biggest mistake of my life.

What were your issues with the production house?
First of all, they did not give me my contract for four months and finally when it came, there were unreasonable clauses. There was a clause which stated that they could terminate my services on the show in in 24 hours and I could not join any other comedy show. They treated me like a puppet where I had to only listen to them.
Didn't you raise your concerns?
I did. They assured me that soon there would be another writer for me and I would also get good punch lines to deliver. But that never happened. They ditched me big time.

How is your equation with Krushna Abhishek and Bharti Singh?
I have no complaints against the actors. I only have complaints against the production house. I don't want to be a part of a show that is creatively dissatisfying.

Are you joining Kapil Sharma's show?
I don't know. I am not leaving this show to join Kapil's show. There, too, I will join only if there are proper terms and conditions fulfilled.