Thank You stars give lessons in love

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1692640720.jpg

It's not every day that you get coached in romance by the people who unabashedly glorify it on screen. Undoubtedly, I'd credit one of them - Akshay Kumar, to be precise - as worthy of being a pioneer, if nothing else, in the department of love. And that's only because he's Bollywood's mascot of romance.

While the other two - Bobby Deol and Sonam Kapoor - haven't impressed us much with their antics, or the lack of them, it's Kumar I was banking on for some much-indeed insight into love.

So after chasing them for more than five hours through a bustling Dubai mall and a packed desert camp, I had only five minutes to be enlightened. Not a long time, I concede, but enough to check on their basics!

With the trio teaming up for Anees Bazmee's Thank You, which delves into infidelity, it was only fitting that we got them to spell out how love works. While Deol appeared far too indifferent to indulge us (attributing his mood to a bad stomach bug), Kumar stayed refreshingly honest. The sporting Kapoor, however, appeared reluctant to play along, and I wonder if it had to do with a certain row with "lover" Punit Malhotra.

In any case, here's the complete low-down and a look into who they'll play in Thank You.

Bobby Deol

He's a wolf in a sheep's clothing. Deol's Ram Sharma appears decent on the surface, but nurtures a desire to entertain multiple partners apart from his wife. Sharma endorses that married men must have a blast. And joining him in his mad adventures are pals Sanjay Narayanan and Dev Menon.

What are the secrets to a "happily ever after"?

There are no secrets to make a marriage work. It's got to do with the way two people get along. How they understand each other. More importantly, it's about realising that no one's perfect.

What's a deal breaker in a marriage?

It's trust. If you break the trust then there's no going back. It's the end of the story.

Akshay Kumar

The actor takes on a marriage fix-it guy, who helps women reform their naughty husbands. He's apparently gifted with the power of identifying the husbands who cheat, even devising ways to get them caught in the act.

There's obviously a lot of temptation in your line of work. If you were caught giving in to temptation, how would you redeem yourself?

It'd be like facing the tigress! I'd just accept whatever my wife decides to. I'll let her show the way.

What are the essentials required to keep a woman happy?

Well... apart from the shopping... and the jewellery, (laughs!) they (the women) want their husbands to love them and be loyal. These, I think, are the main qualities she's looking for in her man. And if she finds them then she's happy.

Sonam Kapoor

Plays Sonia Mehra, a naive, simpleton who finds her marital life going haywire after she learns about her husband's roving eye. She hires the expert to help her dig out the dark secrets and set things in order.

Why would a woman stray in a relationship?

It could be a lot of reasons... maybe she isn't in love with her man... or she is greedy. Or she could be bored. There's nothing nice about such a woman. There's just no excuse for infidelity.

Would you endorse free pass in a relationship?

No, definitely not. Celebrities are not gods!

[/img][/COLOR]