Technical Question

Some1

Focusing on ________
:roll

Is it possible that all of you ips are from for examples States 1 and 2 on the extreme east coast in a bigggg countryyyyy...

but you live on state 7 in the extreme west coast in that country....

and there are like 3-4 states in the middle and none of your ip's is from your state or the middle statedbut from states 1 and 2 only

no ip proxies used ...

so kinda like this :

Sample Country
State 7 State 6 State 5 State 4 State 3 State 2 State 1

^^^^ ..................................................^^^^^^^^^^
u live here ...........................................ur ip addresses are from here

:kin :thinking plz telllloooooooooooooo :kin :thinking

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
These IP disributions are way too dodgy to make out such implications. For example lets say your country has one big ISP like BSNL for india and Telstra for Australia. The would have thier own IP pools to give out IPs from. and they can manage thier own distribution the way they want. The ISP's make use of frame relay technology which makes the IP distribution invisible. Having said that, you might think you IP is from some other state but you're never sure if its yours that is from other state or the other state is using your.

The moral of the story, the answer to your question depends upon Isp to Isp and thier distribution policy.

In your case, your ISP sounds like a reseller to me. Because resellers get limited IP's and thier WANs are designed over frame relay for one or two base stations and rest are just relay stations and thier IP distribution can confuse you over the point of presence.

Some1

Focusing on ________
i dont know .. doesnt seem like the confusion case to me veere :kin

cuz like my ip changes to toronto .. montreal .. ottawa ..

neighbouring state - quebec .. or maybe nother one ... but NEVER have i seen where someone like me from toronto from any isp would have an ip from lets say british columbia ...

i mean not all my ips are from different states .. all a mix

but these which im talking about ... 90% from one city its showing and just 10% from another city frm the neighbouring state ... both these on the west coast

and the person stays on the extreme EAST coast ...

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
i dont know .. doesnt seem like the confusion case to me veere :kin

cuz like my ip changes to toronto .. montreal .. ottawa ..

neighbouring state - quebec .. or maybe nother one ... but NEVER have i seen where someone like me from toronto from any isp would have an ip from lets say british columbia ...

i mean not all my ips are from different states .. all a mix

but these which im talking about ... 90% from one city its showing and just 10% from another city frm the neighbouring state ... both these on the west coast

and the person stays on the extreme EAST coast ...

Looks like you didnt get my point. In simple words. For example If you buy a car from Delhi, get it registered in Delhi, it will still be on road when you drive in Punjab haina, but the plates will describe it fom Delhi. Its Similar. Even if someone thinks they're not using proxies, ISPs are there to proxify your WWW IPs. Moreover, IPs are handed out on lease. And the sites that describe IP location may use old database. You must've noticed how some website describe an IP to be from your state and some others describe it from somewhere else. Theres lots of thing that affect these things

Some1

Focusing on ________
so all your dynamic ips can be from that different state .. wait .. lemme tell you the internet provider ...

Some1

Focusing on ________
i will let u knw the other ips too .. just lemme knw

jus curious ... but like most other ips r similar just the last digit varies or the last 2 :an

te karlo ji h/w >hug

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
i will let u knw the other ips too .. just lemme knw

jus curious ... but like most other ips r similar just the last digit varies or the last 2 :an

te karlo ji h/w >hug
Dynamic IPs are the dodgiest. And yes they have to be contiguoes as ISPs get ranges of IP addresses when they buy them. and its thier wish where they want to use them as far as location is concerned. The current IP addressing is called IPv4 and has several loopholes like this in it but the next gen IPv6 is being implemented and things will be lot simpler.

Some1

Focusing on ________
Dynamic IPs are the dodgiest. And yes they have to be contiguoes as ISPs get ranges of IP addresses when they buy them. and its thier wish where they want to use them as far as location is concerned. The current IP addressing is called IPv4 and has several loopholes like this in it but the next gen IPv6 is being implemented and things will be lot simpler.

So if there is another ip address but from a different internet provider ... but shows the same city,state .... then still they could be from the east coast and not the west coast ?

:wow :wow :wow

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
So if there is another ip address but from a different internet provider ... but shows the same city,state .... then still they could be from the east coast and not the west coast ?

:wow :wow :wow
You can be certain about the country but not the specific locations from these ISPs. I rely on tracert command
Go dos prompt and type 'tracert' followed by the IP address. it would tell you the complete route for that IP, now, to be certain you can check location of the second last hop to check if its near the actual ip location.

aMiToJ

·``·»Mohd. Sadiq fan«·``·
it depends on da isp

saade dynamic alian nu faida

jalandhar baithe nu free ch hi delhi , chandigarh de ip dinde airtel aale

cmyip.com