Team seeks Asha Bhosle's blessings

Lily

B.R
Staff member
A series of musical evenings entitled Dum Maro Dum Nite are being planned across Indian metros over the next two weeks and the team wants singing legend Asha Bhosle to give the venture her blessings.

Directed by Rohan Sippy, the film of the same name, which stars Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu, Prateik and Rana Daggubati, will release in April.

Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star India who has co-produced Dum Maro Dum, is guarded in disclosing plans.

"All I can say is, we would be very happy and proud if she gave us her thumbs up. At the moment I am not at a liberty to say anything more. We'd like Ashaji to know that Dum Maro Dum is not just a song for us, it is the heartbeat of our film. It's our film's title. Our song and film are a homage to Ashaji and R.D. Burman," said Singh.

It is learnt that these stage performances would feature Rana Daggubati, who is making his debut in Bollywood with Dum Maro Dum, Anushka Manchanda who has sung the title song and composer Pritam Chakraborty.

"I can't reveal the exact plans. But no one will be disappointed," said Daggubati.

Bhosle, never known to mince words, has shot down all comparisons between her version of Dum maro dum in the film Hare Rama Hare Krishna (above) and the new one. "Just because you call a hotel 'Taj' it doesn't become the Taj Mahal," she was quoted as saying.