Taare Zameen Par DVD launch (Masti)

garydaddy

Attending the DVD launch of Taare Zameen Par literally took me back to my school days. After all, I was seated in the midst of some 200 odd children dressed in their crisp white uniform at the Green Lawns High School, Mumbai. The school which has given India one of the youngest and brightest actors- Darsheel Safary surely was all set for the big day as the cast and crew of Taare Zameen Par arrived to launch the DVD this morning.
Even before the function actually commenced, Darsheel's class-mates and other students of the school were all excited waiting for the actors to arrive. Among the first to come were actors Tisca Chopra and Vipin Sharma (who played Darsheel's parents in the film). They were soon joined by young Sachet Engineer (who plays Darsheel's loving elder brother in the film). However, the kids in the audience went into frenzy when the bright shining star Darsheel Safary walked in wearing a blue T-shirt and a yellow and red jacket. Darsheel was his mischievous self and was seen enjoying himself signing autographs for his own school-mates. All eyes were now waiting for the man of the moment - Aamir Khan to make an appearance. The wait was not too long as Aamir arrived amidst a huge roar from the kids present. He was soon joined on the dais by the principal of the school Mrs. Bajaj and the cast and crew of the film including music composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Bhushan Kumar of T-Series.
Speaking on the occasion, Aamir said, "It's a great feeling to have the whole Taare Zameen Par team here for the launch of the DVD. Usually, I am very famous for taking my own sweet time to do things. I released the DVD of Lagaan after 6 years; the Taare Zameen Par DVD has been launched in a little over 6 months, so I think that's an improvement." He even had special words of praise for main protagonist Darsheel Safary whom he called on the stage a vivacious brat, "Darsheel is a very happy child, full of life and vibrant. I am sure it's because of the way his parents and teachers have treated him. I must say Darsheel's principal Mrs. Bajaj has been extremely supportive and encouraging. The true test of any school is how happy the kids are and by the looks of it, the children here seem really happy", he said amidst a thunderous applause from the kids.
Finally, it was time for the DVD to be launched and Aamir invited Darsheel's principal Mrs. Bajaj to do the honors. The DVD is a complete collector's delight and is a must have for every parent and child. After the official launch of the DVD, it was time for some fun and frolic as Aamir invited composers' Shankar- Ehsaan- Loy to sing a few songs. Shankar crooned the soulful number 'Maa' from TZP and Aamir along with Shankar later sang a few lines from 'Bum Bum Bole'. Aamir even invited 2 children from the audience who joined Shankar for a song. Finally just as Aamir was about to leave, the kids in the audience asked the 'Perfectionist' Khan to hum a few lines from the current smash hit 'Pappu Can't Dance Saala'. Aamir who initially was a little hesitant gave in to the kids demands and along with Shankar even crooned the hit number from 'Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na'.
As the event came to a close, a good time was had by one and all and the school kids surely wouldn't have felt like going back to their classrooms.