- 1 1/3 cup chickpea flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 9 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grates
- 1/2 bunch watercress, washed and chopped
- 1 small jar mango chutney
- 5 sprigs cilantro, washed well, stems minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.